ImageImageImageImage

It's draft DAY! Who should we take at 16? (Poll)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Who should we select?

Tyler Herro, Kentucky
13%
Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Virginia Tech
34%
Romeo Langford, Indiana
12%
Kevin Porter Jr., USC
15%
Brandon Clarke, Gonzaga
1%
Nassir Little, North Carolina
5%
PJ Washington, Kentucky
2%
Keldon Johnson, Kentucky
2%
Kz Okpala, Stanford
3%
Bol Bol, Oregon
11%

Total votes: 91

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Re: The draft is 8 days away, Who should we take at 16? (Poll) 

Post#21 » by MoMM » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 pm

nymets1 wrote:Is there a website or a person that can give us a % of landing a star with the 16th pick? People seem to think the draft drops off after the 3rd pick. I think there has been a 16th pick in the NBA draft history that became a star. It might be unlikely but it can happen certainly better than 0% chance. I would think between 10% to 20% chance we hit big on the 16th pick and he eventually becomes a star whether its in Orlando or he went elsewhere. 50% to 60% chance the 16th pick becomes a 6th man or a starter.

Check this link:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/draft_finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=&year_max=&round_min=&round_max=&pick_overall_min=16&pick_overall_max=16&franch_id=&college_id=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&is_active=&is_hof=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=ws
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#22 » by Skin » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:05 pm

My Top 10 for our draft range:

1. Cam Reddish - Future All-Star potential
2. Matisse Thybulle - Game changing 3 and D player
3. Kevin Porter Jr - Could be great, average or bust
4. Nickeil Alexander-Walker - Jack of all trades, master of none
5. Tyler Herro - T-Rex shooter, who I like, but I don't think he fits the WeHam mold.
6. Romeo Langford - Not a fan but is at least an attempt to fill a need
7. Mfiondu Kabengele - Depth pick if Isaac stays at SF
8. Bol Bol - If Vuc is let go...
9. Bruno Fernando - If Vuc is let go...
10. Keldon Johnson - Nice physicality, but I don't see an upgrade over Isaac at SF
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,533

Post#23 » by SOUL » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:01 pm

nymets1 wrote:Is there a website or a person that can give us a % of landing a star with the 16th pick? People seem to think the draft drops off after the 3rd pick. I think there has been a 16th pick in the NBA draft history that became a star. It might be unlikely but it can happen certainly better than 0% chance. I would think between 10% to 20% chance we hit big on the 16th pick and he eventually becomes a star whether its in Orlando or he went elsewhere. 50% to 60% chance the 16th pick becomes a 6th man or a starter.

There have been stars at most picks in the league. Has nothing to do with the spot itself, just good scouting when it comes to non-lottery picks.

But I don't think it's as high as those numbers.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#24 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:37 pm

j-ragg wrote:I don’t think Little will be there when we pick so I’m going with Herro.
Yeah Herro for me too.
Wouldnt rule out a surprise though. Its here so fast
Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#25 » by SD2042 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:52 pm

The Magic can use a scorer to make an impact on the team. They have lack in this area for quite a while. Based on the options I've review and research via videos and profiles. I view these players as potential role players rather than starters who are strong enough to make the necessary impact the Magic needs. This argument stemmed from the fact this team has made the playoffs for the first time in the post Dwight era in seven years. We have a lot of questions that need to be answer this offseason. The Magic need to take the next steps towards taking smart, yet calculated risks with the roster to help improve their strengths and weaknesses in order to move forward in progress. This season, the team made the playoffs as a seventh seed. Next season, they need to move up to show they are serious about making a name for themselves. As much as I can appreciate what some of the players could bring to the table as potential Magic players at #16, I can't help to think they will not be enough to move the needle. I fully suggest to trade the #16 to acquire an establish young player back in return.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#26 » by nymets1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:49 pm

MoMM wrote:

Check this link:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/draft_finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=&year_max=&round_min=&round_max=&pick_overall_min=16&pick_overall_max=16&franch_id=&college_id=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&is_active=&is_hof=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=ws

There's some good names on that list- John Stockton, Terry Rozier, Jusuf Nurkic, Hedo Turkoglu, Metta World Peace, Nikola Vucevic.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#27 » by tiderulz » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:41 am

SD2042 wrote:The Magic can use a scorer to make an impact on the team. This Magic lack in this area for quite a while. Based on the options I've review and research via videos and profiles. I view these players as potential role players rather than starters who are strong enough to make the necessary impact the Magic needs. This argument stemmed from the fact this team has made the playoffs for the first time in the post Dwight era in seven years. We have a lot of questions that need to be answer this offseason. The Magic need to take the next steps towards taking smart, yet calculated risks with the roster to help improve their strengths and weaknesses in order to move forward in progress. This season, the team made the playoffs as a seventh seed. Next season, they need to move up to show they are serious about making a name for themselves. As much as I can appreciate what some of the players could bring to the table as potential Magic players at #16, I can't help to think they will not be enough to move the needle. I fully suggest to trade the #16 to acquire an establish young player back in return.

who do you think is available for #16.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#28 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:46 am

Skin wrote:My Top 10 for our draft range:

5. Tyler Herro - T-Rex shooter, who I like, but I don't think he fits the WeHam mold.
10. Keldon Johnson - Nice physicality, but I don't see an upgrade over Isaac at SF

Do you attribute a lot of Cam Reddish's shooting struggles to the injury? Or are you just not concerned about it.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#29 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:59 am

Whichever one of these players displays the following traits will be our pick:

1. Loves basketball.
2. High IQ
3. Defensive versatility
4. Hard worker
5. Great human

NAW
Johnson
Okpala
Little
Langford
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#30 » by nicnac215 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:48 am

Nyce_1 wrote:Whichever one of these players displays the following traits will be our pick:

1. Loves basketball.
2. High IQ
3. Defensive versatility
4. Hard worker
5. Great human

NAW
Johnson
Okpala
Little
Langford

I would include Bol and Herro in that list
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#31 » by KillMonger » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:52 am

i'm starting to change my mind on nassir little, i think if he's there he should really be in the consideration. I can't explain it but i'm getting an oladipo vibe from him.
Skin
RealGM

Post#32 » by Skin » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:46 am

PrimeThyme wrote:
Skin wrote:My Top 10 for our draft range:

Do you attribute a lot of Cam Reddish's shooting struggles to the injury? Or are you just not concerned about it.

I just think he's young and still learning how to put it all together. I love everything about his combination of size, athleticism, shot mechanics, handle, bbiq, character...

All he needs is time and a coach who won't let his motor quit because I really feel like he has legit All star components.

Side note: Reddish and Bamba played on the same high school team. Would be cool to see them reunited.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#33 » by OrlandoMagic » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Man the draft should be after free agent signings. I really don’t want us to pick another center as an insurance policy. We need scoring BIG time
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#34 » by tiderulz » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:29 pm

OrlandoMagic wrote:Man the draft should be after free agent signings. I really don’t want us to pick another center as an insurance policy. We need scoring BIG time

i like it this way. After the draft, you have free agency to fill in what you need. you never know what is available in the draft and what you end up with. If the draft was second, you would have people drafting for need instead of BPA
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#35 » by drsd » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:40 pm

SOUL wrote:There have been stars at most picks in the league.

For example:

1. KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR
2. BILL RUSSELL
3. MICHAEL JORDAN
4. CHRIS PAUL
5. CHARLE BARKLEY
6. LARRY BIRD
7. STEPHEN CURRY
8. ROBERT PARISH
9. DIRK NOWITZKI
10. PAUL PIERCE
11. REGGIE MILLER
12. JULIUS ERVING
13. KOBE BRYANT
14. CLYDE DREXLER
15. STEVE NASH
16. JOHN STOCKTON
17. DON NELSON
18. CALVIN MURPHY
19. TINY ARCHIBALD
20. LARRY NANCE
21. RAJON RONDO
22. REGGIE LEWIS
23. ALEX ENGLISH
24. ARVYDAS SABONIS
25. MARK PRICE
26. VLADE DIVAC
27. DENNIS RODMAN
28. TONY PARKER
29. DENNIS JOHNSON
30. SPENCER HAYWOOD
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#36 » by drsd » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:43 pm

RookieStar wrote:Get me a shooter not an athlete.

spinedoc wrote:What we need is a Herro, I'm holding out for one, lol. Outside shooting is what we lack.

I like Alexander-Walker over Herro, as Alexander-Walker projects to be a deter defender. Alexander-Walker is a classic 3-and-D player, and after we saw how incredible Danny Green was for the Raptors, the Magic could really use that kind of player.

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#37 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:05 pm

drsd wrote:

spinedoc wrote:What we need is a Herro, I'm holding out for one, lol. Outside shooting is what we lack.

I like Alexander-Walker over Herro, as Alexander-Walker projects to be a deter defender. Alexander-Walker is a classic 3-and-D player, and after we saw how incredible Danny Green was for the Raptors, the Magic could really use that kind of player.

Is now the right time to tell em that NAW has a better 3 point % than Herro. They both were used differently but shot almost the same amount of 3’s.

NAW in 34 games went 58-155 @ 37.4% on 4.6 3PA
Herro in 37 games went 60-169 @ 35.5% on 4.6 3PA

Oh an NAW was 58 of 148 @ 39% his freshman year.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Skin
RealGM

Post#38 » by Skin » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:13 pm

A wise man would be prepared...

Patrick1978
Veteran
And1: 872

Post#39 » by Patrick1978 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Skin wrote:A wise man would be prepared...

What do you mean?
Magic din romania

Ma numesc petre,sunt de la constanta

Fire Frank Vogel
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#40 » by spinedoc » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 pm

drsd wrote:

I'd be okay with that, I like him. I like Keldon Johnson too, and my dark horse is Windler. The guy carried Belmont on his back this year. A lot of depth for what we need actually.

Edit: Also, Herro reminds me of Mike Miller. :D

Return to Orlando Magic