Hornets Draft Plans

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

thegoat89
Sophomore
And1: 43

Re: Hornets Draft Plans 

Post#41 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:35 pm

The_Hater wrote:
thegoat89 wrote:
God Squad wrote:I really want Charlotte to nail this pick. They've had such terrible asset management. They need change in the worst way.

I would trade that pick to attach it with Marvin Williams and include the 36th pick in the deal for a guy like Clint Capela.

Why would Houston do that? They’re trying to get better so they can win the title.

Marvin would be a good 3-D player with money coming off the books for 2020. Plus, they have already put Clint Capela on the trade market. This opens up long term cap space and gives them more roster flexibility as well as getting a lottery pick that can be useful for setting up screens for James Harden. That would help retool the Rockets team that Darryl Morey is trying to do.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#42 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:37 pm

God Squad wrote:Honestly Charlotte should and would be better if they had even modest success in the draft the past 6 years. But as of now all of their assets are terrible. Aside from maybe Jeremy lamb who somewhat finally established himself as an NBA player.
Expiring contracts are somewhat valuable assets at least to use in order to clear up long term cap space.

thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#43 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:38 pm

NoBias wrote:Is there any white seven footers?
Yeah. Those answers are Cody Zeller and Frank Kaminsky for the Hornets alone.

thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#44 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:38 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Trade their pick to unload Batum's contract for an expiring deal.
That's a good idea, but which team would do that?

Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#45 » by Scalabrine » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:41 pm

If Bol Bol is still there and they plan to resign Walker...he's the guy. They are going to be strapped for cash for the forseeable future so they may as well swing for the fences and hope Bol stays healthy.
Go Knicks!
thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#46 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:44 pm

Scalabrine wrote:If Bol Bol is still there and they plan to resign Walker...he's the guy. They are going to be strapped for cash for the forseeable future so they may as well swing for the fences and hope Bol stays healthy.
Bol Bol is very interesting to consider for me. However, I want to either provide Kemba Walker a legitimate star alongside with him or get him a very productive center to work with.

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#47 » by The_Hater » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:50 pm

thegoat89 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
thegoat89 wrote:
I would trade that pick to attach it with Marvin Williams and include the 36th pick in the deal for a guy like Clint Capela.

Why would Houston do that? They’re trying to get better so they can win the title.

Marvin would be a good 3-D player with money coming off the books for 2020. Plus, they have already put Clint Capela on the trade market. This opens up long term cap space and gives them more roster flexibility as well as getting a lottery pick that can be useful for setting up screens for James Harden. That would help retool the Rockets team that Darryl Morey is trying to do.

Getting worse in 2019-20 while retooling isn’t his goal though. He wants to retool while acquiring better players then what he has.

That package isn’t terrible from a value standpoint, it just makes no sense for the Rockets. That package makes more sense for teams looking to rebuild.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,252

Post#48 » by John Murdoch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Sie is becoming the hornets board
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#49 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:59 pm

The_Hater wrote:
thegoat89 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Getting worse in 2019-20 while retooling isn’t his goal though. He wants to retool while acquiring better players then what he has.

That package isn’t terrible from a value standpoint, it just makes no sense for the Rockets. That package makes more sense for teams looking to rebuild.

Rockets would want shooters that can play defense. Marvin Williams is good at that, plus the Rockets would want to save payroll long term.

The_Hater

Post#50 » by The_Hater » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:13 pm

thegoat89 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
thegoat89 wrote:

Rockets would want shooters that can play defense. Marvin Williams is good at that, plus the Rockets would want to save payroll long term.

The Rockets are all in, they don’t care about long term payroll. They want short term production.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#51 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:16 pm

The_Hater wrote:
thegoat89 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

The Rockets are all in, they don’t care about long term payroll. They want short term production.
Marvin Williams can give you that. He's a good 3-D player.

The_Hater

Post#52 » by The_Hater » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:24 pm

thegoat89 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
thegoat89 wrote:

Who’s a better player? Capela or Williams?

Now stop trying to argue that Williams is somehow an upgrade on Capela for the Rockets and move on. It ain’t happening to a long list of reasons.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#53 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 pm

The_Hater wrote:
thegoat89 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Who’s a better player? Capela or Williams?

Now stop trying to argue that Williams is somehow an upgrade on Capela for the Rockets and move on. It ain’t happening to a long list of reasons.
Rockets want change and not run it back with the same teams.

thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#54 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:36 pm

Hey guys, I have a YouTube channel and it is called Sports Guy Talking. Make sure to subscribe to the channel and check out my videos.

One of my videos was about the what the Hornets should do with the 12th pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.

This video was about why the Hornets should trade away the 12th pick. I said that the Hornets should either trade for Gordon Hayward, Blake Griffin, or Andre Drummond. Of course, this video was aired before Clint Capela was made available in trade offers. I said that the Hornets should pair the 12th pick with an expiring contract to get a really good player. I felt like Batum/Graham/12th pick would be a fair deal for the Celtics to accept in return for Gordon Hayward. The reason for that was because Batum could play behind Tatum without messing up the chemistry and that the Celtics could get a repalcement backup point guard with potential in DeVonte Graham since Terry Rozier's asking price will be way too high for the Celtics to accept keeping him. Having the 12th pick could also give the Celtics an extra trading piece for a potential block bluster trade. That trade helps Tatum develop freely while the Hornets would get immediate help for Kemba Walker. I also said that getting Blake Griffin would get Kemba Walker to resign with the Hornets since he once said that he wanted to team up with Blake Griffin if possible. He likes his game and giving up the 12th pick with a bad contract would help the Hornets in the short term. However, I was not a fan of that trade possibly happening because that would screw the Hornets up long term. I also suggested that the Hornets should attach that pick with a bad contract to the Pistons in return for Andre Drummond since he is such a good rebounder and rim protector. I said that he could help Kemba Walker out and could get the Hornets to become a better team in the short term. I concluded that it was the best possible deal for the Hornets to get if they used the 12th pick as trade bait. I did not really want the Hornets to select a player with that pick because that would not give immediate help to Kemba Walker. That was what the video was about. Now, please watch that video and like it.

Here is that video for you guys to watch down below:

Here is the link to my channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCCTj5VtlAvJLy5quE6zTZEw
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#55 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Kemba leaves and the Hornets are the worst team in the NBA by far. I like Malik Monk, but he fits on a specific type of team. Kind of guy who finds his stride on his next team. I don't like Miles Bridges at all. He's a guy who looks the part, but the game isn't there. Other than that, Lamb was their second best player and he's gone. This team might be worse than the 7 win lockout era team if Kemba dips. Whoever they draft is not moving the needle. They are in the worst position in the league IMO. Rich Cho was that atrocious as a GM.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#56 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Kemba leaves and the Hornets are the worst team in the NBA by far. I like Malik Monk, but he fits on a specific type of team. Kind of guy who finds his stride on his next team. I don't like Miles Bridges at all. He's a guy who looks the part, but the game isn't there. Other than that, Lamb was their second best player and he's gone. This team might be worse than the 7 win lockout era team if Kemba dips. Whoever they draft is not moving the needle. They are in the worst position in the league IMO. Rich Cho was that atrocious as a GM.
Did you check out the video that I posted on the previous post?

Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#57 » by Lwcasu » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Kemba leaves and the Hornets are the worst team in the NBA by far. I like Malik Monk, but he fits on a specific type of team. Kind of guy who finds his stride on his next team. I don't like Miles Bridges at all. He's a guy who looks the part, but the game isn't there. Other than that, Lamb was their second best player and he's gone. This team might be worse than the 7 win lockout era team if Kemba dips. Whoever they draft is not moving the needle. They are in the worst position in the league IMO. Rich Cho was that atrocious as a GM.

Hence why Charlotte will pay Kemba. I gotta disagree with Miles though. I think he’ll be a starter in this league.
thegoat89
Sophomore

Post#58 » by thegoat89 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:55 pm

Do you guys think the Hornets can get Gordon Hayward by giving up the 12th pick with a bad contract or two with the other picks that the Hornets have?

Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,525

Post#59 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:11 pm

thegoat89 wrote:
ballbrah wrote:A drastic shake up is needed

That's a panic move. That won't benefit Hornets short or long term. That's how bad trades happen.

The Hornets haven't won a playoff series in 15 years. They should panic. They should panic big time.
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#60 » by phraoh » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:19 pm

The 12th pick and Williams won't get you a good player...it will get you either a worse player and longer contract and a higher pick, or it will get you a better player with a longer and bad contract. Capela is much more valuable to Houston than Williams who is a decent combo forward who is an okay shooter (not great) and pretty good defender who can't rebound at all. Houston really has no interest in the 12th pick in this draft...doesn't get them an instant starter, and they are playing for now, not a year or two from now.

Return to The General Board