We're finally going to get to see how good Curry is.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

KnicksFTW
Bench Warmer
And1: 447

Re: We're finally going to get to see how good Curry is. 

Post#141 » by KnicksFTW » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:48 pm

What a **** thread.

Steph haters have been itching for this moment for a long time and they cannot wait, sad really.
taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,636

Post#142 » by taikibansei » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:49 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
LKN wrote:Carrying a team all by yourself has never been done and is a stupid goal for any player/organization
Nobody is asking him to carry the time to the finals. People on here consistently call him a top 5 player. Well a top 5 player should be able to carry a team including Draymond, iggy, and cousins to the playoffs rather easily. People make it seem like cousins wasnt putting up 16/8 coming off a torn achillies before his quad injury. Hes still very capable of spending the summer rehabbing and getting back to a 20/10 guy.

Draymond was always a triple double threat who was marginalized playing with 3 other goat level scorers. Hes a 14/10/7 guys as a 3rd option.

If cousins comes back healthy, and curry is as good as people claim, this team should have no problem winning 50 games and making the playoffs.

Winning a title is not what anyone is asking him to do.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app

Cousins was basically "healthy"--or as healthy as he's going to get. At 29, after an ACL injury, with that amount of weight on his frame, you're not getting anything better. So, basically, you have Curry surrounded by non-shooting role players--Green being merely an exceptionally good one--and you expect the Warriors to win fifty (50) games? Okay.... :crazy:

I guess LeBron's Lakers should have won 100 games this past season. :crazy:
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
MoochieNorris
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,443

Post#143 » by MoochieNorris » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 pm

unless the dubs get some bargain free agents, they're gonna miss the playoffs
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#144 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:30 pm

taikibansei wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
LKN wrote:Carrying a team all by yourself has never been done and is a stupid goal for any player/organization
Nobody is asking him to carry the time to the finals. People on here consistently call him a top 5 player. Well a top 5 player should be able to carry a team including Draymond, iggy, and cousins to the playoffs rather easily. People make it seem like cousins wasnt putting up 16/8 coming off a torn achillies before his quad injury. Hes still very capable of spending the summer rehabbing and getting back to a 20/10 guy.

Draymond was always a triple double threat who was marginalized playing with 3 other goat level scorers. Hes a 14/10/7 guys as a 3rd option.

If cousins comes back healthy, and curry is as good as people claim, this team should have no problem winning 50 games and making the playoffs.

Cousins was basically "healthy"--or as healthy as he's going to get. At 29, after an ACL injury, with that amount of weight on his frame, you're not getting anything better. So, basically, you have Curry surrounded by non-shooting role players--Green being merely an exceptionally good one--and you expect the Warriors to win fifty (50) games? Okay.... :crazy:

I guess you missed last season when lebron carried a much worse Cavs to 50 wins.

Draymond is infinitely better than Love.
Cousins is 100x better than anyone else on that team take your pick from Jr, Tristan or korver.
Iggy is also much better.

Take lebron off that team and curry off this team and the warriors have 3/4 best players. I dont see this being such a huge ask.

abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#145 » by abark » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm

ooptolebron wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Didn't say anything about LeBron, and didn't compare the two. The person I quoted said that there's nothing to hate about curry when there is.

You hate him because he pointed and laughed at a ref? :lol:

-Pretended to poop on Cleveland's court after KD hit a clutch 3
-"hope their locker room still smells like champagne"
-"I brought a chip to cleveland before lebron did"
-pointing at refs
-dancing/celebrating after every 3

While none of these things are grevious, what annoys a lot of people is how he pretends to be Mr. Goody Two Shoes humble choir boy, when in reality he is a petty, conceited showboater.

He dances and has talked smack a couple times? Those examples are so mundane. If that's the best you have, you're proving the opposite of the point you're trying to imo.
Noctilux
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,236

Post#146 » by Noctilux » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:32 pm

How good Curry is? I thought we were talking about a new Indian restaurant in the Bay Area.
ooptolebron
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,208

Post#147 » by ooptolebron » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:41 pm

abark wrote:
ooptolebron wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
You hate him because he pointed and laughed at a ref? :lol:

-pointing at refs

While none of these things are grevious, what annoys a lot of people is how he pretends to be Mr. Goody Two Shoes humble choir boy, when in reality he is a petty, conceited showboater.

He dances and has talked smack a couple times? Those examples are so mundane. If that's the best you have, you're proving the opposite of the point you're trying to imo.

There is a difference between a "couple" times, and almost EVERY time.

Miami Heat vs. LA Lakers NBA Finals 2011 - Miami in 6
taikibansei
Lead Assistant

Post#148 » by taikibansei » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:46 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
taikibansei wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Nobody is asking him to carry the time to the finals. People on here consistently call him a top 5 player. Well a top 5 player should be able to carry a team including Draymond, iggy, and cousins to the playoffs rather easily. People make it seem like cousins wasnt putting up 16/8 coming off a torn achillies before his quad injury. Hes still very capable of spending the summer rehabbing and getting back to a 20/10 guy.

I guess you missed last season when lebron carried a much worse Cavs to 50 wins.

Cousins is 100x better than anyone else on that team take your pick from Jr, Tristan or korver.

Take lebron off that team and curry off this team and the warriors have 3/4 best players. I dont see this being such a huge ask.

And I guess you missed the memo that the Warriors play in the West....

More to the point, Cousins sucks. Sorry that you haven't caught on yet, but even when young and healthy, Cousins led his teams nowhere. Moreover, he's not young anymore, and he's never getting more healthy. He will be a negative player moving forward.

Oh, Iggy is 35 years old--he's not doing ****. And both JR and Korver would probably start for the Warriors next season.... :o

So, basically, you have Green--a defensive stud with some skills on offense--and that's it. Could prime LeBron/Jordan will this team into the playoffs even in the West? Most likely yes. Is Curry as good as prime Lebron/Jordan (two GOAT candidates)? No **** way.

Answer my question from the first page of this very thread. Look at that lineup to start the 4th period, and tell me with a straight face which current player was willing that team to victory against the Raps. Good luck there.
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
Pg81
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,661

Post#149 » by Pg81 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:46 pm

taikibansei wrote:This was the Warriors starting lineup to start the 4th quarter:

PG: Cook
SG: Livingston
SF: Jerebko
PF: Green
C: Cousins

Outside of prime Jordan/LeBron, just who was dragging that lineup to victory against the Raps?

I sincerely doubt that either of those two could have dragged that team to a victory over the Raps.
If you're asking me who the Mavs best player is, I'd say Luka. A guy like Delon Wright probably rivals his impact though at this stage in his career. KP may as well if he gets his **** together.
GeorgeMarcus, 17/11/2019
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#150 » by abark » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:53 pm

ooptolebron wrote:
abark wrote:
ooptolebron wrote:
-pointing at refs

There is a difference between a "couple" times, and almost EVERY time.

I said he talked smack a couple times. As far as the dancing, big deal. A celebratory shimmy doesn't bother me. He's not robot Kahwai.

He's still a good guy, not to mention good father and husband. He's loyal to his team and willing to sacrifice. All these guys have egos tho, not denying he has one too.

But bring some better gripes if you want to tear down a guy's character.
dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,963

Post#151 » by dshearn » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:53 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:The dude has nothing to prove. The dude is a 3x champion and 2x MVP.

Hell I'm on the complete opposite view point. Curry has nothing to prove. Next season would be a waste with him going all out and having no other offensive threats around him.

Im actually hoping that Curry gets an "ankle injury" in the preseason and they decide to rest him all year. Trade Draymond during the off-season and just go full on tank mode for 1 season like the Spurs the year they got Duncan.

How amazing would it be if they did that and got the #1 pick haha.

That would be amazing. You don't want to waste anyone's prime years, but this circumstance bringing the team to this point.

I personally don't agree with the nothing to prove point of view though.

I think Curry is on the outside looking in when it comes to the 10 best players in the history of the game. I think he can use next season to showcase his skill set. From a team aspect...i kinda hope the go the rout you are suggesting.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#152 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:00 pm

taikibansei wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
taikibansei wrote:

More to the point, Cousins sucks. Sorry that you haven't caught on yet, but even when young and healthy, Cousins led his teams nowhere. Moreover, he's not young anymore, and he's never getting more healthy. He will be a negative player moving forward.

Oh, Iggy is 35 years old--he's not doing ****. And both JR and Korver would probably start for the Warriors next season.... :o

So, basically, you have Green--a defensive stud with some skills on offense--and that's it. Could prime LeBron/Jordan will this team into the playoffs even in the West? Most likely yes. Is Curry as good as prime Lebron/Jordan (two GOAT candidates)? No **** way.

Answer my question from the first page of this very thread. Look at that lineup to start the 4th period, and tell me with a straight face which current player was willing that team to victory against the Raps. Good luck there.
Your observation of cousins is totally incorrect. Prior to his hurt quad he was playing some very good basketball. 16/8/4/1.5/1.5, very good advanced stats and about as efficient as hes always been in his career. This agenda driven myth that hes a negative player wasnt spewed until after he rushed back from a torn quad. I'll take the 30+ game sample size over the 6 game sample size with a torn quad.

Why does is matter that Iggy is 35? Hes still playing at a phenomenal level as evidence by the playoffs and finals. He kept them in game 6 and hit the biggest shot for the warriors in game 2. Korver was 37, JR was 33 and couldnt figure out the score of the game. Anyone saying hes impacting the court at a lesser level than those guys either wasnt watching or has a clear agenda.

Yes curry plays in the west, but hes also got superior talent. He also has looney, you remember.. the guy warriors fans said was a huge loss for them the game he missed? And to think they wont sign some free agent vets who can come in and compete is a joke, they absolutely will and they will be better than the horrible team lebron had. Furthermore, lebron took that 50 win team to the finals, beating 3 good teams along the way. Nobody Is asking the warriors to make the finals, just sneak in as the 8th seed.

And I have no idea why that 4th quarter starting lineup is at all relevant to what curry needs to do next year. If that is his starting lineup then sure. But I can guarentee you it wont be. You are gasping for straws, stop protecting the golden boy.

LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#153 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Pg81 wrote:
taikibansei wrote:This was the Warriors starting lineup to start the 4th quarter:

Outside of prime Jordan/LeBron, just who was dragging that lineup to victory against the Raps?

I sincerely doubt that either of those two could have dragged that team to a victory over the Raps.
I'm not sure who expected this or is holding this against curry. This thread Is about his ability next year. You are posting this answering a question that doesn't exist.

bluemj32
Rookie
And1: 938

Post#154 » by bluemj32 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Bingo...I concur...not sure how this is a topic
lvckv wrote:
Dupp wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:Finally?

Well it’s a legitimate question whether he can carry a team or he is just one to dominate with a goat level cast. We’re about to find out.

Asking a player to carry such a bad offensive supporting cast is dumb. Jordan never did it, Kawhi didn't do it, LeBron even had better offensive help during his first stint at Cleveland.

Curry is being held to standards literally nobody else ever has. He has already proved his greatness. This thread is idiotic.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using RealGM mobile app
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#155 » by GYK » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:10 pm

jpengland wrote:
GYK wrote:we will see how he is without a 20ppg on his team.
the beauty of that backcourt is that they both are screen running players. major threats off ball. people like to think of his style of play as selfless but its pretty much waiting for a shooter to get open. now the other option is gone and it's waiting for one particular shooter to get off screen.
we're going to see the difference between he and Reggie/Ray.

He barely has a 10ppg teammate.

that sounds like a Curry situation. everyone already believes he makes scoring champs and 20ppg bombers careers. use his gravity to improve Iggy/Dary/McK or someone.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#156 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:13 pm

KnicksFTW wrote:What a **** thread.

Steph haters have been itching for this moment for a long time and they cannot wait, sad really.

problem is they already got it in the Mark Jackson era, they just pretend it doesn't exist for some reason
taikibansei
Lead Assistant

Post#157 » by taikibansei » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:13 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Pg81 wrote:

I'm not sure who expected this or is holding this against curry. This thread Is about his ability next year. You are posting this answering a question that doesn't exist.

WTF? Who else do you think is going to be on the team next season? That's the squad going forward, and you just said it should win at least 50 in the West....
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#158 » by clyde21 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:15 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
taikibansei wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Your observation of cousins is totally incorrect. Prior to his hurt quad he was playing some very good basketball. 16/8/4/1.5/1.5, very good advanced stats and about as efficient as hes always been in his career. This agenda driven myth that hes a negative player wasnt spewed until after he rushed back from a torn quad. I'll take the 30+ game sample size over the 6 game sample size with a torn quad.

Why does is matter that Iggy is 35? Hes still playing at a phenomenal level as evidence by the playoffs and finals. He kept them in game 6 and hit the biggest shot for the warriors in game 2. Korver was 37, JR was 33 and couldnt figure out the score of the game. Anyone saying hes impacting the court at a lesser level than those guys either wasnt watching or has a clear agenda.

Yes curry plays in the west, but hes also got superior talent. He also has looney, you remember.. the guy warriors fans said was a huge loss for them the game he missed? And to think they wont sign some free agent vets who can come in and compete is a joke, they absolutely will and they will be better than the horrible team lebron had. Furthermore, lebron took that 50 win team to the finals, beating 3 good teams along the way. Nobody Is asking the warriors to make the finals, just sneak in as the 8th seed.

And I have no idea why that 4th quarter starting lineup is at all relevant to what curry needs to do next year. If that is his starting lineup then sure. But I can guarentee you it wont be. You are gasping for straws, stop protecting the golden boy.

You're always one leading the charge against Steph, huh? Give it a rest.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#159 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:16 pm

taikibansei wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Pg81 wrote:

WTF? Who else do you think is going to be on the team next season? That's the squad going forward, and you just said it should win at least 50 in the West....

Outside of cousins/green who make up one of the best front courts in the league healthy, I sig bet you whatever you want that the other 3 players arent starting next year. Actually the 3 of them probably wont even be on the team.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#160 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:20 pm

clyde21 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
taikibansei wrote:

You're always one leading the charge against Steph, huh? Give it a rest.

How is this leading the charge against steph?

I'm already tired of excuses for him before we even see what his team will look like.
I'm tired of people putting down his teammates to elevate him.
I'm tired of people saying hes as good better than lebron because his "gravity makes everyone around him better" but then putting down lebron for choking.

I'm genuinely exciting to see a curry led team. Let's see if this guys has the onions as mark Jackson says. Let's see if he really does make role players better like lebron has done his entire career.

We know he can win with the GOAT supporting cast. Let's see if he can carry a Portland style team like lillard does. If he proves me wrong I'll be the first one eating crow next year.

But the excuses need to stop.

Return to The General Board