CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Re: Official offseason, summer of 2019 

Post#61 » by CalGTR » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:46 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
Muscles wrote:
Read on Twitter

My only question: What the hell does "I'm at ya necks" mean?

That reads to me that DMC is planning to be elsewhere and planning to be a pain in our necks, thorn in our sides, etc. I'm guessing that he was told during his exit interview that the W's are going to have other priorities this offseason that don't include re-signing him. We need help on the wings, particularly with no KD (whether by injury or by his signing elsewhere) and no Klay for at least a big chunk of the season. We've got to start replacing Shaun and Andre (Iggy will still be with us for another year, but his replacement needs to be found and developed).
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#62 » by BW32 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:48 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:What would Patrick Beverly cost?
When the Warriors play shot blocking big men I would be fine with Steph Curry playing off guard defensively.

Just my baseless prediction but I have him going to Dallas on an unreasonably large 2 year deal, they would have him and THJ expiring on the Giannis year while adding what IMO is a great fit with Luka in the meantime (since they have to pay another pick before 2021 FA)
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,570

Post#63 » by HiRez » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:48 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
Drygon wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
They won't deal Iguodala and if they tried, he'd probably just retire. He's worth every penny based on his playoff contributions.

Livingston has been battling a knee problem all year and has suffered on the defensive end. He's gonna call it quits imo.

I also don't understand anyone ripping McKinnie.
The guy is cheap....like cheap. He's a great rebounder from the wing spot. Like elite. I believe his shooting will improve. He just needs more consistency. As guys age they tend to find their place. I love him for his cost to value. He should only get better.

Eh.... McKinnie is crap.

There's a reason why Kevin Durant was forced back despite being nowhere near 100% ready....

He is not good enough for a Championship contending team.

This is crazy. McKinnie is a fantastic athlete, coming off his rookie season, that needs to learn how to defend which is the skill that a young player is most likely to learn later than any other skill. If he gets stronger, learns to move his feet and anticipate on defense(which can be learned) and shoots just marginally better from 3(36% this past season), he'll be an extremely valuable forward off the bench.

Yeah, for what we’re paying McKinnie he’s worth keeping for sure. He’s a young, athletic, OK 3 point shooter who rebounds the ball, and has more upside than that, what more do you want from a min contract guy? He’s basically Harrison Barnes but at a tiny fraction of the price.
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#64 » by BW32 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:53 pm

KDBG wrote:You guys are being slept on, this may be the funnest next season for you guys in years. You're telling me a prime, Steph/Dray team with MORE depth will be fighting for the playoffs? Nah, will be one of the best teams in the league.

Will be a scrappy top 4 seed. Wow, puts in to perspective how hard it is to get players like you guys.

I wish you could feel all the fun I'm having right now with an achilles and acl tear on the team, oh what a wonderful time.

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,158

Post#65 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Nadeem wrote:Dont know if its been mentioned on here but ESPN are saying we are interested in Dion Waiters

It seemed unrealistic--Waiters is under contract the next 2 years at $12M per, and, as I understood it, he based the deal on not re-signing either KD or Klay or both, then using them in a sign-and-trade to trade for draft picks to create a large trade exception that would be used in a deal for Waiters. I don't think the Warrior cap situation was properly taken into account. I wouldn't mind Waiters, but I don't see how they could absorb the salary.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,314

Post#66 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:02 pm

you think we'll keep Franco Finn?
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,570

Post#67 » by HiRez » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:23 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:you think we'll keep Franco Finn?

If he can play, yes.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 609

Post#68 » by Bayside » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:21 pm

When do you think we will know what KD is going to do? Once that drops, Seems like we have to be patient with the reassessments. Seems like quite a few forks in the road pending each players decisions. Bob's going to be busy. No West, so lets see what he can do.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,077

Post#69 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Free agency starts in 15 days.

But draft next week, which may affect FA and trade for some teams.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,015

Post#70 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:19 pm

wco81 wrote:Free agency starts in 15 days.

But draft next week, which may affect FA and trade for some teams.

It seems crazy to be drafting before you even know what your free agents are going to do. IMO, we need a backup PG most of all but that may be something that can be addressed in the 2nd round. 1st round pick should be BPA.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,617

Post#71 » by Coxy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:05 pm

Breaking: The Pelicans have agreed to a deal to trade Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three first-round picks – including the No. 4 overall in 2019 Draft, league sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski.
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by BW32 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:08 pm

Makes sense, with us out of the way if you can get past Houston you can get out of the West, they were terrible filling out the bench last year but they didn't want any multi year deals so maybe they'll be better? Still definitely a good gamble tho it could end up looking ugly on that last 1rst (if it's unprotected ever).
wco81
RealGM

Post#73 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 pm

Yup, Lakers must really like Kuzma for the playoffs.

I'm surprised the Pelicans settled for Ingram with his health uncertainty.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#74 » by Frozzy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:27 pm

Not sure who can match up in the West against this Lakers duo. Assuming they put together a decent supporting cast and load manage AD like crazy.

Come on KD, let's take out Lebron again in '21.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#75 » by donkeylips » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:28 pm

Pelicans got robbed. Ball sucks, Ingram is a question mark with his health, the 4th pick ain’t much in a 3 player draft, and the two picks will probably be late picks.
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
RussellandFlow
Bench Warmer
And1: 917
Location: San Francisco born & raised, Pacific Northwest living

Post#76 » by RussellandFlow » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:38 pm

With AD now going to the Lakers, the Warriors definitely need to take 2019-2020 off and come back stronger for 2020-2021. I do not see anyone in the West beating the Lakers health permitting. I expect the Lakers will attract a bunch of players on cheap deals. I also would not be surprised to see Cousins wind up in LA on a cheap deal also (not vet minimum cheap, but cheap nonetheless). This is a pretty meh deal for New Orleans when you consider Ingram's health situation. Lavar Ball making headlines again in 3.2.1. :lol:
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#77 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:43 pm

If we resign KD and Klay, Livingston retires

We stand here

Curry/Evans (Kerr wants him at point)
Klay (Out til March/April)
Andre/KD (Out for the year)
Green
DJones

I'd go young at this point

Draft: Buy an extra early second rounder from Sac or Philly unless one of these guys goes undrafted
#28- Darius Bazley
Sac/Philly Pick- Isaiah Roby
#58- Terrance Mann

Free Agency: Re-sign Looney, re-sign Damien Lee, fill out the bench with vets via MLE and minimums

Curry/___/Evans
Lee/Mann/Klay (Out til March/April)
Andre/___/Bazley
Green/___/Roby
Looney/DJones

IR: KD (Out for the year)
wco81
RealGM

Post#78 » by wco81 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:46 pm

I really wonder about them getting players on cheap deals. A lot of teams flush with cap space this summer so players are going to try to get theirs.

The only ones who wouldn't are guys who've disappointed and are now going to have to take one-year prove-its deals, like Noel last year.

Only problem is, Warriors could use such players too but they might be more inlined to go to LA than come to the Warriors now.

:-?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,158

Post#79 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:50 pm

InWestWeTrust wrote:If we resign KD and Klay, Livingston retires

We stand here

Green
DJones

Draft: Buy an extra early second rounder from Sac or Philly unless one of these guys goes undrafted
#28- Darius Bazley
#58- Terrance Mann

Free Agency: Re-sign Looney, re-sign Damien Lee, fill out the bench with vets via MLE and minimums

Curry/___/Evans
Andre/___/Bazley
Green/___/Roby
Looney/DJones

Not sure what you mean by IR. Injured Reserve? No such thing, if he has a contract he's on the 15 man roster.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#80 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
InWestWeTrust wrote:If we resign KD and Klay, Livingston retires

We stand here

Green
DJones

#28- Darius Bazley
#58- Terrance Mann

Curry/___/Evans
Andre/___/Bazley
Green/___/Roby
Looney/DJones

Not sure what you mean by IR. Injured Reserve? No such thing, if he has a contract he's on the 15 man roster.

Inactive list* happy now?

Return to Golden State Warriors