Woj: AD to LA for 3 1sts, Ingram, Ball, Hart

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who won the trade?

Lakers by a lot
15%
Lakers by a little
10%
Both
30%
Pelicans by a little
13%
Pelicans by a lot
22%
Need to see the draft protections
9%
Other (explain?)
1%

Total votes: 148

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Re: Woj: AD to LA for 3 1sts, Ingram, Ball, Hart 

Post#61 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:28 pm

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:Only need to send out something like 22 million for it be a legal trade for AD.

Only Deng worst than stretching Deng was signing him in the first place.

So if they sign 4 for the Pels and wait the 30 days they can sign a max 7-9 year guy but they still have to trade Bonga and Wagner for no salary back.

But I really don’t see the Pels going along with waiting a month to do the Lakers a favor.

Was said trade can't be official till July 6. Signing 4 and waiting 30 days is one path. If Pels don't want to be generous . The second path is losing Bonga and Wagner and doing the trade July 6. All the Lakers players minus Kuzma and pick 4 salary equal bout 22.9 million. 22.9 *1.25 = 28.6 . That's a legal trade and still have a max.

You’re still short a few mil if you do the trade before signing a FA.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Post#62 » by Coeur » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:29 pm

i really can’t see how the Lakers can fill out a roster but I’m happy for them and want to see.

I really wanted the Lakers to try holding onto Lonzo instead of kuzma. I think it’s going to be so hard to acquire competent guards.

I am a huge Carmelo fan. I hope the Lakers give him a shot as a 7th/8th man but I’m worried about how terrible the Lakers are going to be defensivly at the 1 through 4. They will badly need some defensive speacialiats and shooting.

This is going to be an insanely hard roster to fill out
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#63 » by Colbinii » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:33 pm

Coeur wrote:i really can’t see how the Lakers can fill out a roster but I’m happy for them and want to see.

I really wanted the Lakers to try holding onto Lonzo instead of kuzma. I think it’s going to be so hard to acquire competent guards.

I am a huge Carmelo fan. I hope the Lakers give him a shot as a 7th/8th man but I’m worried about how terrible the Lakers are going to be defensivly at the 1 through 4. They will badly need some defensive speacialiats and shooting.

LeBron is a good defender and AD is a great defender. They have plenty of cap space as well.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#64 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Coeur wrote:i really can’t see how the Lakers can fill out a roster but I’m happy for them and want to see.

I'm a Raptors fan. I also hope the Lakers give Carmelo a shot as 7th/8th man
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,481

Post#65 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:35 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
So if they sign 4 for the Pels and wait the 30 days they can sign a max 7-9 year guy but they still have to trade Bonga and Wagner for no salary back.

But I really don’t see the Pels going along with waiting a month to do the Lakers a favor.

Was said trade can't be official till July 6. Signing 4 and waiting 30 days is one path. If Pels don't want to be generous . The second path is losing Bonga and Wagner and doing the trade July 6. All the Lakers players minus Kuzma and pick 4 salary equal bout 22.9 million. 22.9 *1.25 = 28.6 . That's a legal trade and still have a max.

Max guy should know where he going by July 6.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,087

Post#66 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:37 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

They'll work it out. They can sign someone to a one and one. If a star wants to play with AD and LBJ a couple million won't get in the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#67 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:38 pm

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:Only need to send out something like 22 million for it be a legal trade for AD.

Only Deng worst than stretching Deng was signing him in the first place.

They’d be just under 30m in space at that point because of cap holds. Close, but would need their target to take a couple million less.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Post#68 » by eminence » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Colbinii wrote:

LeBron is a good defender and AD is a great defender. They have plenty of cap space as well.

I kinda disagree on the cap space. They have money for a normal team, but they only have 3 players. They don't have a lot of cap space with that in mind.

If I were them I'd lean towards ~3 solid guys over 1 max guy, but I doubt that's the way go. We'll see ???/LBJ/AD + vet min guys in LA next season. I'd doubt it's enough to get it done.
I bought a boat.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#69 » by bleeds_purple » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:I can't help but feel like Boston will look back and regret not making Tatum available.

We'll never know. AD/Kyrie is probably not good enough. If Kyrie leaves its a disaster. And if AD leaves after 1 year its a complete and utter debacle. I think Ainge is smart not to get rid of the youth. If I'm him I'm trying to do a sign and trade Kyrie for D Lo. That would be a solid core of young guys.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#70 » by Coeur » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:

Might be a really good fit for him with most of his minutes next to siakam or kawhi
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#71 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:42 pm

Coeur wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:

Might be a really good fit for him with most of his minutes next to siakam or kawhi

Hi, Melo
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#72 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:43 pm

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:Was said trade can't be official till July 6. Signing 4 and waiting 30 days is one path. If Pels don't want to be generous . The second path is losing Bonga and Wagner and doing the trade July 6. All the Lakers players minus Kuzma and pick 4 salary equal bout 22.9 million. 22.9 *1.25 = 28.6 . That's a legal trade and still have a max.

If they use up the space, they have to sign the draft pick to match salaries and then wait 30 says, so August, before New Orleans could execute the deal. That might not be ok with them, and likely has already been decided between the two teams. I would think New Orleans would like to move on, and if they keep 4, introduce the new pick at a presser and have him play summer league and such.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,885

Post#73 » by TGW » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:43 pm

Damn the Lakers got taken to the cleaners!

pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#74 » by pelifan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:45 pm

how much cap did NO open up? seems to me if they let everyone walk they should have in the range of 25 million
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#75 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:45 pm

Would Russell go back to LA? They can afford his max. Otherwise more likely Middleton or multiple role players.

I don’t see Kemba leaving 3 mil on the table when he’s been underpaid his whole career. And after the KD and Klay injuries I don’t think a lot of FAs are eager to sign one year deals.
markjay
Starter
And1: 1,610

Post#76 » by markjay » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:46 pm

shakes0 wrote:As the only diehard Lonzo fan on this board I'm very happy about this. Very much looking forward to watching Lonzo throw lobs to Zion on a nightly basis. Also very much looking forward to Lonzo playing for a team in central time zone, hate those west coast start times.

I'm also a huge Lonzo fan — but a bigger Lakers fan. I will be rooting for Lonzo to kill it this season, and then come back to the Lakers in free agency down the road!
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by Coeur » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:51 pm

eminence wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I kinda disagree on the cap space. They have money for a normal team, but they only have 3 players. They don't have a lot of cap space with that in mind.

If I were them I'd lean towards ~3 solid guys over 1 max guy, but I doubt that's the way go. We'll see ???/LBJ/AD + vet min guys in LA next season. I'd doubt it's enough to get it done.

That’s what I want to say too. THe problem is going to be finding 3 guys that each take 5-6

They should almost consider trading Kuzma. His trade value is at all time high and I think Lebron needs his minuets at the 4 more as time goes on and I’d even want to get AD some minutes at the 4.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,481

Post#78 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:53 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

If they use up the space, they have to sign the draft pick to match salaries and then wait 30 says, so August, before New Orleans could execute the deal. That might not be ok with them, and likely has already been decided between the two teams. I would think New Orleans would like to move on, and if they keep 4, introduce the new pick at a presser and have him play summer league and such.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q86
Does this not apply? Doesn't seem like they need 4 salary to make it work. All the players minus Kuzma not including 4 salary is roughly 22.9.

Cap wise. Renounce all FAs and be 400k short of Kemba max. Kemba can be short or you can break the AD trade in two parts. Send 4 for cap space to Pels . Sign Kemba then send the rest of the players and picks for AD.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,009

Post#79 » by R-DAWG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:54 pm

As a fan of basketball, I am excited that we get to see the best player of the last 20 years get the opportunity to compete for titles at the highest levels with a real chance to win.

In regards to the trade, if it's true that Jayson Tatum wasn't on the table, I wish the Lakers would have kept Josh Hart as he's a cheap rotation player. Obviously, you don't let an Anthony Davis trade fall apart over Josh Hart, but as your putting together a roster it would have been nice to have kept him.

For the Lakers, and Lebron, you now have 2 top 10 players, with enough cap space to add another player or multiple players to build a balanced roster.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#80 » by retrobro90 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:55 pm

Read on Twitter

FWIW Moore saying just one additional swap. 7 straight years of picks/swaps is insanity.

Return to Trades and Transactions