Woj: Anthony Davis Traded to Lakers for Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, & Three 1st Rnd Picks - including #4

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Winner

New Orleans Pelicans
30%
Los Angeles Lakers
32%
Both
33%
Neither
4%

Total votes: 540

the7boss
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Re: Woj: Anthony Davis Traded to Lakers for Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, & Three 1st Rnd Picks - including #4 

Post#621 » by the7boss » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 am

Lakers are back in championship contention and that’s all I care about, it’s been a few rough years.
I love Kuz, I’m happy for him, people see him as a one-dimensional and low-ceiling player, but he get buckets and can burn your team any given night, is the cheapest of the bunch and has no health issues, will be a nice role player after three max guys and we might even resing him long term on a reasonable contract.
Now get Kemba and fill the roster wisely.

It’s also a great deal for the Pelicans. Lonzo is special, his defense and court vision influence so much. Ingram is a risk because of the arm issue, but otherwise he is a surefire Allstar in 2-3 years, no doubt. If they get the right player at 4 and deal Jrue for another young player or pick, they will be in a very nice position. They are going to be so much fun.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Re: Woj: Anthony Davis Traded to Lakers for Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, & Three 1st Rnd Picks - including #4 

Post#622 » by Dan Z » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 am

Did anyone else see this tweet? Are there pick swaps included in the trade too?

Read on Twitter
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#623 » by dautjazz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:28 am

Catchall wrote:Compared to what San Antonio got for Kawhi, it's a decent haul.

Seriously? The #4 pick is nice, but the other two picks are going to be like 25-30 range. Ball sucks and can't stay healthy, he's a role player at best. Ingram is pretty good, but he's on his last year of his rookie contract. John Hart had some decent games, but once again a role player.

Derozan in the meanwhile is a legit All-Star, and I'll take a sure thing over Ingram, #4 pick, and filler.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,281

Post#624 » by Kordic27 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:29 am

Bank Shot wrote:Pels obviously did well. It's a good trade for the Lakers even if the LeBron era flops. AD would still have plenty of time left to do serious damage.

Not so sure. AD has shown he hasn’t been able to do much help without some serious help. Lebron is obviously serious help, but at his age, Lakers are by no means a gimme as a contender.
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
BVB24
Veteran
And1: 6,035

Post#625 » by BVB24 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:29 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,300

Post#626 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:30 am

Dan Z wrote:Did anyone else see this tweet? Are there pick swaps included in the trade too?

Read on Twitter

this is new news, gw brother
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#627 » by NPZ » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:30 am

karkinos wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:
will wrote:Pels should deal that #4 pick.

Already got Lonzo.

I'm really surprised people are giving Ball so much value. He hasn't shown much at all in his career so far. NOP should view this as just taking a flyer on him and hoping he breaks out. NOP should definitely draft Garland as their PG of the future.

if you saw what lonzo did at ucla, he makes other players better
give lonzo shooters and you'll see his true value
agree that pels should draft garland if possible

Lonzo's best stretches have been stopped by ankle injuries or calf strains. He's not suited to 45+ mpg of fast paced, ball dominant play. If you can take that pressure away from him, who knows? He might take a lot less beating on his knees/legs/ankles.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#628 » by LKN » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:30 am

Will be interesting to see how this team plays and how it's perceived.

I mean AD is going to be the best player on team pretty clearly, right?
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#630 » by marcush » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:37 am

Griffin really needed to include Hill into the trade. Now the Lakers will have max cap space and severely diminish the upside of those future picks.
InsideInfo
Bench Warmer
And1: 769

Post#631 » by InsideInfo » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:38 am

I feel like a lot of ppl are super quick to crown LA the next champ.. maybe I am the minority but see it that way.

We saw prime Lebron, Wade, and Bosh lose in the finals twice.

You need a solid cast or role players around and chemistry. I understand they have $40M to work with, but I’m not sure that fills our 5-6 more quality nba players...especially if they give Kemba half that money.

Not to mention Lebron is not a young man anymore and AD is frequently injured.

Solid playoff team, but I wouldn’t be so quick to punch their ticket to the finals just yet.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#632 » by drosereturn » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:40 am

Rather see a superteam formed in LA rather than GS. Lebron's superteam always seemed so awesome compared to the wannabes.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#633 » by Ugly Duckling » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:40 am

alebaba wrote:Great deal for the Pelican.

No, great deal for the Laker
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
AmusingFiddle
Rookie
And1: 315

Post#634 » by AmusingFiddle » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:41 am

Jazz9 wrote:
_MidNight_ wrote:Lol Lakers over paid by a lot! 4 picks? LMAO.

Three

Including the current #4 so that means 2 future FRPs.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#635 » by karkinos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:41 am

NPZ wrote:
karkinos wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:
I'm really surprised people are giving Ball so much value. He hasn't shown much at all in his career so far. NOP should view this as just taking a flyer on him and hoping he breaks out. NOP should definitely draft Garland as their PG of the future.

if you saw what lonzo did at ucla, he makes other players better
give lonzo shooters and you'll see his true value
agree that pels should draft garland if possible

Lonzo's best stretches have been stopped by ankle injuries or calf strains. He's not suited to 45+ mpg of fast paced, ball dominant play. If you can take that pressure away from him, who knows? He might take a lot less beating on his knees/legs/ankles.

.....nobody planning to run 45+mpg
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#636 » by itsme23 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:41 am

Honestly Lakers do not deserve this.

Horribly run franchise last few years with the advantage being in a great location.
tommer
Senior
And1: 198

Post#637 » by tommer » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am

Dan Z wrote:Did anyone else see this tweet? Are there pick swaps included in the trade too?

Read on Twitter

She said pick swaps, as in plural??? So it's conceivable that it was something like:
- 2019 #4 overall
- 2021 unprotected (Lebron age 36)
- 2023 unprotected (Lebron age 38 & beyond his current contract)
- pick swap that rolls over until conveyed

If so I think that's as good a haul as NOP could have possibly gotten (other than foisting Solomon Hill) and more or less the max allowed by NBA rules, I think. That would explain why they didn't wait longer to pull the trigger.

And personally I think the whole Kuzma thing was Griffin playing Pelinka.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#638 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am

InsideInfo wrote:I feel like a lot of ppl are super quick to crown LA the next champ.. maybe I am the minority but see it that way.

We saw prime Lebron, Wade, and Bosh lose in the finals twice.

You need a solid cast or role players around and chemistry. I understand they have $40M to work with, but I’m not sure that fills our 5-6 more quality nba players...especially if they give Kemba half that money.

Not to mention Lebron is not a young man anymore and AD is frequently injured.

Solid playoff team, but I wouldn’t be so quick to punch their ticket to the finals just yet.

LeGM mantra has always been 3 superstars and FAs off the street to round up the team. He's building the same game plan in LA.

I have to say that LeGM is really a smart dude. He's like a top five talent in both playing the game of basketball and managing team operation.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,300

Post#639 » by Dr Aki » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am

BVB24 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

we'll always love you brandon for socking chris paul in his face

dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#640 » by dautjazz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 am

The Boshstrich wrote:Meh the lakers will be paper thin. Any injury to lbj or AD and they're toast

LMAO, come on man, even the Warriors became toast when they lost their best player. Name me a team who can lose a top 5 player in the NBA and still be great?
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.

Return to The General Board