ImageImageImage

What's plan B, C, D now?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

FutureIsGreen
Junior
And1: 236

Re: What's plan B, C, D now? 

Post#41 » by FutureIsGreen » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:21 am

Boston
Contends anyway
Dumbasses. Lol
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#42 » by Green89 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:21 am

Opening day roster:

IT
Smart
Hayward
Tatum
Baynes

Brown as 6th man. Horford is gone to a championship contender.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,683

Post#43 » by California Gold » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:25 am

Trade for Harden.
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,153

Post#44 » by chakdaddy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:28 am

JR Hawks wrote:
chakdaddy wrote:Lavishly re-sign guys if their attitudes are ok..as long as they expire the same time as Hayward.

I'm optimistic we'll be able to shed Hayward's contract. Need to shoot for big cap space next year.

Impatient and foolish move to spend assets in order to get cap space a year early.
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach

Post#45 » by chakdaddy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 am

One thing:

I'm really upset that the Lakers are handed a superteam once again like clockwork.

But other than jealousy, and the bad pattern of rejection by Kyrie and AD themselves, this doesn't really affect us that much more than any other non trade..
celticgreenie
Junior
And1: 269

Post#46 » by celticgreenie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 am

Trade for Beal to keep Tatum around. Both st. Louis guys.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,852

Post#47 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:33 am

Writebloc wrote:Any way that Ainge works a sign and trade deal with D'Angelo Russell in Brooklyn with Kyrie going there? Kemba looks to be signing with LA? Plausible?

Unlikely.
And DLo is the worse oncourt version of Kyrie (w/o the offcourt drama). Phoenix has interest in DLo.

Kemba's open to returning to Charlotte. Not sure how AD to Lakers changes that. Knicks would be going after him too.

Glad to see you make an appearance, man!
FutureIsGreen
Junior
And1: 236

Post#48 » by FutureIsGreen » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:34 am

Build
Champion
Despite
Everything.
JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 892

Post#49 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:35 am

King Of The 4th wrote:I'll take just about any plan that doesn't end in me having to watch 82+ games of Rozier manning the PG position.

I think we all know that's exactly what's going to happen. Brad and Rozier are like sons to Danny.
JR Hawks
Starter

Post#50 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:37 am

chakdaddy wrote:One thing:

I'm really upset that the Lakers are handed a superteam once again like clockwork.

But other than jealousy, and the bad pattern of rejection by Kyrie and AD themselves, this doesn't really affect us that much more than any other non trade..

Probably results in the Lakers having more championships than the Celtics if you care about that.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,680

Post#51 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am

Let horford walk. Sign Rozier. Tank and rebuild.
*Insert witty signature here.*
JR Hawks
Starter

Post#52 » by JR Hawks » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:43 am

chakdaddy wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
chakdaddy wrote:Lavishly re-sign guys if their attitudes are ok..as long as they expire the same time as Hayward.

I'm optimistic we'll be able to shed Hayward's contract. Need to shoot for big cap space next year.

Impatient and foolish move to spend assets in order to get cap space a year early.

I think we might be able to get rid of him without giving up assets. His contract isn't that long and someone might be willing to trade an expiring for him if it looks like they can contend. Some teams are actually willing to take risks to win.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,852

Post#53 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:46 am

Horford still chilling with the camels in Dubai. We wait for what comes out of his talk with Danny. Al is the next decision point. Opt in deadline is 18th.
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by chakdaddy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:52 am

JR Hawks wrote:

Probably results in the Lakers having more championships than the Celtics if you care about that.

Well yeah, that's why I'm really upset and jealous. They can't go 3 years without a windfall. 9 years without a title is bizarre for them, somehow their last dozen gifts didn't pay off yet.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#55 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:00 am

Gomes3PC wrote:
King Of The 4th wrote:I'll take just about any plan that doesn't end in me having to watch 82+ games of Rozier manning the PG position.

I may become a Pelicans fan next year if I have to watch Rozier dribble aimlessly for 16 seconds of every possession.

Does it count if Rozier is your 6th man off the bench.

Smart
Brown
Tatum
Hayward
Baynes

Rozier, TimeLord, Semi, maybe Theis but what's the point, 3 meaningless firsts in a horrible draft.

Seems like a reasonable guess at the rotation next year.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#56 » by celticfan42487 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:01 am

JR Hawks wrote:

I think we all know that's exactly what's going to happen. Brad and Rozier are like sons to Danny.

Reload said *paraphrasing here, you can search his posts to find the exact wording* the Celtics love Rozier and Rozier loves the Celtics. And he was a fantastic team mate this season, Stevens loves him.

Pending an absurd free agency offer it seems highly likely Rozier is coming back to this team.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#57 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:05 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Writebloc wrote:Any way that Ainge works a sign and trade deal with D'Angelo Russell in Brooklyn with Kyrie going there? Kemba looks to be signing with LA? Plausible?

Unlikely.
And DLo is the worse oncourt version of Kyrie (w/o the offcourt drama). Phoenix has interest in DLo.

Kemba's open to returning to Charlotte. Not sure how AD to Lakers changes that. Knicks would be going after him too.

Glad to see you make an appearance, man!

LA is Kawhi or bust as far as their long term prospects - he’s the only free agent who could make them a prolonged contender alongside Davis and Lebron.

I don’t think Russell is a lesser Kyrie - they’re very different players, Russell has upside.

Kyrie is special in two ways - he can get anywhere he wants with his dribble and he can create space for his shot anywhere. But he’s not a great distributor or playmaker, he doesn’t create looks for his teammates except indirectly, he doesn’t draw fouls, and he doesn’t defend.

Don’t know how this was calculated:

Read on Twitter

Russell is blossoming as a very good shooter and playmaker, decent one on one, a mediocre defender and apparently has no low post game - or finishing ability at the rim. He turns the ball over a little too much and he doesn’t draw fouls either, but -

Kyrie looks like a finished product who’s perfected a couple of things and doesn’t seem driven to enlarge his game. Russell is still developing and already brings some of what Kyrie does as a scorer, plus a passing game - 6’5” and can see over defenders - much much better court vision. And because he’s still developing, and taller and longer, there’s a chance he can still improve in areas where Kyrie can’t. If he gets better at drawing fouls and attacking the rim, and/or at defending, he’ll be better than Kyrie.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#58 » by GoGreen » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:06 am

Christ I'm shocked at the negativity.

I'm just happy this is over. For whatever reason, Davis wanted to be a Laker, so there you go. Our young guys looked good in 2018, in 2019 not so much. Maybe they return to form. Maybe Hay takes a step forward. Maybe we trade for someone? Idk. I doubt this team is going to suck out loud. NBA is hard man. Just how it is. Can't get too wrapped up in it.
Slartibartfast
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 10,060

Post#59 » by Slartibartfast » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:07 am

Keep Horford, see if Hayward is going to get better and wait/hope for a star to demand a trade. If no one shakes loose by the deadline and Hayward doesn't look like his old self, then detonate.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#60 » by GoGreen » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:09 am

chakdaddy wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:

Well yeah, that's why I'm really upset and jealous. They can't go 3 years without a windfall. 9 years without a title is bizarre for them, somehow their last dozen gifts didn't pay off yet.

Yea those Minneapolis titles don't count afaic. Who else counts those in professional sports? A title won in another city? Nah.

Return to Boston Celtics