ImageImageImage

Fire Danny Ainge

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

giambijuice
Pro Prospect
And1: 151

Re: Fire Danny Ainge 

Post#41 » by giambijuice » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:41 am

Slimreaper703 wrote:
giambijuice wrote:it wasn't that AD didn't want to play here....lebron's boyfriend didn't want AD playing here. the nba has been fixed ever since stern became commissioner.

AD's dad said some pretty negative things over how IT situation got handled .

by AD's dad you mean lebron's boyfriend !
jcappy
Sixth Man
And1: 515

Post#42 » by jcappy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am

Danny should receive a lot of credit for raising AD's trade value--thus making LA pay at least a fair price in this trade (those first round picks may drive the cost even much higher). No other team seemed to be in the mix at all. Why not blame Denver, or the Knicks, who decided to sit it out.
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
~ Muhammad Ali
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,589

Post#43 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 am

Whether you want Danny fired or not, you cant say he hasnt **** up the last two summers.

If you cant admit that, then theres not a single reason to be in this thread.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#44 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:43 am

Spin Move wrote:Umm we have been pretty good most of the time Danny Ainge has been here, and we had a ton of talent on last years team (probably too much) Calling to fire danny for not trading for a player who did not want to play here and would cause problems does not make a lot of sense to me. We are a playoff team who could be 1 move away from a championship team depending on how this offseason goes. If Brown and Tatum and GH all improve we are a 50 win team. Be patient.

False narrative.

If anything we've been ok most the time. Minus a 3 year run starting in 07.
giambijuice
Pro Prospect

Post#45 » by giambijuice » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:43 am

The Corey's wrote:Whether you want Danny fired or not, you cant say he hasnt **** up the last two summers.

cuckoo !!
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#46 » by GoGreen » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:43 am

Green89 wrote:
KGboss wrote:Lmfao

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As is everyone at Ainge right now.

Read on Twitter

Nick Wright? Cmon. These people don't have a genuine bone in their body. If you take what they say seriously you're gonna have a bad time.

The spurs didn't want young players or picks, right? So how were we gonna trade for kawhi?

The Pacers didn't want to wait around, and pulled the trigger on oladipo, right? It was looked at as,a garbage decision by Indy at that time.

Can't speak on Jimmy Butler.

I do think you have a gripe about him waiting out for AD instead of pulling the trigger on other smaller moves. Danny has ticked me off over the years, but there's only so much you can do with certain situations.

I'm grateful we have a competent gm, but if we could get someone better? I wouldn't be opposed to it.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#47 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:43 am

giambijuice wrote:
The Corey's wrote:Whether you want Danny fired or not, you cant say he hasnt **** up the last two summers.

cuckoo !!

I love what you're bringing to the board mate, keep it up!
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#48 » by Green89 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 am

From Himmelsbach article tonight. Same old ****.

"According to a league source, the Celtics will continue to explore ways to potentially use some of those picks in deals for other current players, but that nothing was imminent."
giambijuice
Pro Prospect

Post#49 » by giambijuice » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:45 am

Slimreaper703 wrote:
giambijuice wrote:it wasn't that AD didn't want to play here....lebron's boyfriend didn't want AD playing here. the nba has been fixed ever since stern became commissioner.

AD's dad said some pretty negative things over how IT situation got handled .

wait ...i thought cleveland's owner said they won the trade.
giambijuice
Pro Prospect

Post#50 » by giambijuice » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:46 am

The Corey's wrote:
giambijuice wrote:

cuckoo !!

I love what you're bringing to the board mate, keep it up!

mate ??
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#51 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:46 am

Green89 wrote:From Himmelsbach article tonight. Same old ****.

"According to a league source, the Celtics will continue to explore ways to potentially use some of those picks in deals for other current players, but that nothing was imminent."

Exact quote was used yesterday with Irving leaving and potential Davis deal.
Green89
RealGM

Post#52 » by Green89 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:47 am

GoGreen wrote:
Green89 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Nick Wright? Cmon. These people don't have a genuine bone in their body. If you take what they say seriously you're gonna have a bad time.

The spurs didn't want young players or picks, right? So how were we gonna trade for kawhi?

The Pacers didn't want to wait around, and pulled the trigger on oladipo, right? It was looked at as,a garbage decision by Indy at that time.

I do think you have a gripe about him waiting out for AD instead of pulling the trigger on other smaller moves. Danny has ticked me off over the years, but there's only so much you can do with certain situations.

I'm grateful we have a competent gm, but if we could get someone better? I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Recent articles pointed toward Jaylen being coveted by the Spurs but Danny didn't want to deal him.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#53 » by KGboss » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:47 am

Only deal I'd say is the one for Kawhi and that's ONLY WITH HINDSIGHT considering what happened in Toronto.

At the time the guy was baggage I really didnt want

Green89
RealGM

Post#54 » by Green89 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:49 am

The Corey's wrote:
Green89 wrote:From Himmelsbach article tonight. Same old ****.

Exact quote was used yesterday with Irving leaving and potential Davis deal.

We weren't happy about it when we heard this time and time again, because we kept waiting for Danny to eventually score a big fish. Now, it's just unacceptable. I'd love to know when the next top 10 player will be on the block, and when he does, I doubt we still have anything to get him. Even if we did, Danny would hold something out of the deal and blow it.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#55 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:52 am

Quotes for truth
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#56 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:54 am

KGboss wrote:

Only deal I'd say is the one for Kawhi and that's ONLY WITH HINDSIGHT considering what happened in Toronto.

At the time the guy was baggage I really didnt want

Honestly I cant remember if I was on board or not but I know I would of given up brown for Leonard in a heart beat had i known that's what it would of taken.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#57 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:57 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:What if i said that Danny and others wanted to do the deal but others didnt want to leverage their future on an unknown, considering Kyrie is about to leave?

Do tell. I’d imagine it’s been stressful times for our leadership!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Green89
RealGM

Post#58 » by Green89 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:57 am

Theee All NBA 1st team players of the last three years have been available in trades: PG13, AD, and Kawhi. Danny could have gotten any one of them, instead we get none. Who's next for Danny to blow the deal on? Harden?
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#59 » by GoGreen » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:00 am

Green89 wrote:
GoGreen wrote:
Green89 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Recent articles pointed toward Jaylen being coveted by the Spurs but Danny didn't want to deal him.

Well I got my articles saying this and you got your articles saying that so who knows.

Regardless, it seemed pretty clear AD didn't wanna come here. Plus, we would have had to give up everything to beat that offer. If he left? Forget it. We would have been screwed for years.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#60 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:02 am

Ainge had a royal flush and checked on the river

Return to Boston Celtics