Time to Give Rich Paul Some Love

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,256

Re: Time to Give Rich Paul Some Love 

Post#41 » by XTC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:31 am

You can hate Rich Paul...

But if I was an NBA player, this is who I want representing me. He plays hardball but his clients almost ALWAYS get what they want (contract and situation wise)
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,763

Post#42 » by Quattro » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:32 am

thebigbird wrote:Kawhi's agent didn't get him to the team he wanted. Paul George's agent didn't get him to the team he wanted. Kyrie Irving's agent didn't get him to the team he wanted. Anthony Davis wanted to be a Laker, and Rich Paul made it happen. Give it up to him.

Kawhi went to his new team and led them to a championship. Hopefully, Lebron will land another superstar to go with Davis to give him a chance to win another one too. Make it happen Rich Paul!
NinjaSheppard
Sixth Man
And1: 1,404

Post#43 » by NinjaSheppard » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:34 am

XTC wrote:You can hate Rich Paul...

But if I was an NBA player, this is who I want representing me. He plays hardball but his clients almost ALWAYS get what they want (contract and situation wise)

He lost Nerlens Noel 60 million dollars and KCP had a 70 million dollar deal that got revoked.
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie
And1: 907

Post#44 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:34 am

Honestly why does someone as good as Davis even need an agent? No contact negotiation is needed since he will get the max. And how hard would it be for Anthony himself to tell ESPN that he wants to be traded and won’t resign with certain teams. I have respect for guys like Ray Allen that did it on their own without an agent.
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,256

Post#45 » by XTC » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:37 am

NinjaSheppard wrote:

He lost Nerlens Noel 60 million dollars and KCP had a 70 million dollar deal that got revoked.

You win some you loose some.

He got Tristan Thompson 85 million, and an old washed up JR Smith 57 million.

He also got AD on thr Lakers for a worst deal that was offered at the trade deadline.

Give props where props are due.
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,808

Post#46 » by TheGOATWill » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:39 am

Player empowerment. The old days are over.
NinjaSheppard
Sixth Man
And1: 1,404

Post#47 » by NinjaSheppard » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:47 am

XTC wrote:
NinjaSheppard wrote:

He also got AD on thr Lakers for a worst deal that was offered at the trade deadline.

No its definitely not win some lose some. Those two cases are absolute agent malpractice. You can't lose two clients that much money.

The only deals he has been able to make outside of the obvious max for max players was using LeBron James as leverage to get guys money (Tristan, JR, KCP as a small make up for losing him 10s of million.

If the media didn't have to protect him because of his main client he would be viewed as a joke.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#48 » by marcush » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:48 am

NinjaSheppard wrote:

Noel’s agent was Happy Walters at the time of the Dallas offer
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#49 » by thebigbird » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:49 am

NinjaSheppard wrote:
XTC wrote:
NinjaSheppard wrote:

No its definitely not win some lose some. Those two cases are absolute agent malpractice. You can't lose two clients that much money.

The only deals he has been able to make outside of the obvious max for max players was using LeBron James as leverage to get guys money (Tristan, JR, KCP as a small make up for losing him 10s of million.

If the media didn't have to protect him because of his main client he would be viewed as a joke.

He literally wasn't Nerlens Noel's agent at the time. Do some research first before hitting submit next time.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#50 » by logical_art » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:50 am

I'll give him and LeBron credit for ruining the NBA.

You're welcome.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#51 » by Spens1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:14 am

thebigbird wrote:
Spicy P wrote:
thebigbird wrote:Yep, basically what I was tryna say. He gets his dudes paid too. He gets so much hate, and people say he's only successful because of LeBron, but he's turning into a force to be reckoned with. He gets things done for his guys. Players around the league will notice.

How did that work out for Nerlens Noel, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Shabazz Muhammad who turned down huge multi-year contracts?

Rich Paul wasn't the reason for Nerlens Noel turning down the contract

Also KCP got paid for the last two years to be garbage (and a lot of money at that).
Vayuputra
Senior
And1: 464

Post#52 » by Vayuputra » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:59 am

Spens1 wrote:Say what you want about him, but if i was in the nba and was a player, i'd want Paul representing me since he can get you the outcomes you want.

Try that with the Spurs
Playoffs (20p / 10r / 5 / 5) : Hakeem(11), Duncan(8), Kareem(4), Shaq/DRob/Ewing/Doc (3)
Playoffs (20p / 20r / 5 / 5) : Duncan(3), Kareem/Walton/Shaq/Ewing/Barkley (1)
Playoffs (30p / 20r / 5 / 5) : Duncan(2), Barkley(1)
Kahn_2001
Starter
And1: 2,190

Post#53 » by Kahn_2001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:10 am

Can't wait to watch the Lakers crash and burn, LeBron is over due for a big time decline and uniclown is made of glass.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
credit: TurboZone
Lawyershawn
Senior
And1: 1,316

Post#54 » by Lawyershawn » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:24 am

I admire Rich Paul for being, what I consider, a true player's agent.

He came from nothing (like most players), and knows their concerns and realities. He's willing to burn all bridges for you.

If I was an NBA player, I trust Rich Paul over a wealthy elitist from familial wealth who got into an Ivy school because of that privilege.
Lower Cases & Capitals

Return to The General Board