ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,634

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1941 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:28 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
The Corey's wrote:I'll do a complete 360 on my fire ainge take if he can unload Hayward and Horford.

It's doing Hayward dirty but who cares, whatever Danny and Brad sold him 2 summers ago was a crock of **** anyway.

We’ve just had bad luck - Kyrie, Utah Hayward and Horford two years ago would have been great, and we would have been in different transactions if they were all healthy.

Hayward’s injury, Kyrie bailing and Horford aging, Baynes getting hurt this year, Rich Paul’s power play, after we did everything right and were in a perfect position to get Davis.. it’s just more of that voodoo **** we had with Len Bias, Reggie Lewis, the ML Carr tank draft, the Pitino hiring..

On the bright side - Smart is trending upward as a shooter - we hit on Brown and Tatum with our picks - Rob Williams dropped to 27 - Ojeleye was a great find - Morris, if we keep him, had a career year and is a great stretch 3.5.

If were talking about smarts shooting getting better then were really ****.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#1942 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:30 am

The Corey's wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
The Corey's wrote:I'll do a complete 360 on my fire ainge take if he can unload Hayward and Horford.

It's doing Hayward dirty but who cares, whatever Danny and Brad sold him 2 summers ago was a crock of **** anyway.

We’ve just had bad luck - Kyrie, Utah Hayward and Horford two years ago would have been great, and we would have been in different transactions if they were all healthy.

Hayward’s injury, Kyrie bailing and Horford aging, Baynes getting hurt this year, Rich Paul’s power play, after we did everything right and were in a perfect position to get Davis.. it’s just more of that voodoo **** we had with Len Bias, Reggie Lewis, the ML Carr tank draft, the Pitino hiring..

On the bright side - Smart is trending upward as a shooter - we hit on Brown and Tatum with our picks - Rob Williams dropped to 27 - Ojeleye was a great find - Morris, if we keep him, had a career year and is a great stretch 3.5.

If were talking about smarts shooting getting better then were really ****.

Newsflash: we're already f****d
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
nickgammon
Pro Prospect
And1: 873

Post#1943 » by nickgammon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:30 am

If Horford restructures his deal and we S&T Terry, can’t we just absorb Beal into the cap? Obviously the Celtics can attach a bunch of picks to make it worth it for the Wiz. Maybe 2 picks from this year, the Memphis pick, 1 future unprotected one.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,109

Post#1944 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:41 am

Actually..they sold him on exactly what we have right now..when he signed up our best players were Isaiah and Horford. Lol

Funny thing is when we got Hayward people were so **** excited..now we have pretty much the same **** we had at that point and everybody is freaking out. Ya'll wild :lol:
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,993

Post#1945 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:49 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

Actually..they sold him on exactly what we have right now..when he signed up our best players were Isaiah and Horford. Lol

Funny thing is when we got Hayward people were so **** excited..now we have pretty much the same **** we had at that point and everybody is freaking out. Ya'll wild :lol:

Nah we lost Crowder since then! (Jk great point)

Look, who on this roster is sad about Kyrie leaving? Or AD the paper tiger not coming in to wow is with his stats and in-game trips back to the locker room to get the last bump or bruise checked out?

And why in hell are we looking for a point guard when we have Smart? I mean that. I’m not sad if that guy has to be on the court for us.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,634

Post#1946 » by The Corey's » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:51 am

31to6 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

Look, who on this roster is sad about Kyrie leaving? Or AD the paper tiger not coming in to wow is with his stats and in-game trips back to the locker room to get the last bump or bruise checked out?

And why in hell are we looking for a point guard when we have Smart? I mean that. I’m not sad if that guy has to be on the court for us.

I'm not sad about losing him. I'm sad about not milking a first rounder or two out of him. Or switching him up for some young talent.

Danny really REALLY missed the ball on this one. It can not be understated.
winsomme2
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#1947 » by winsomme2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:56 am

Can we talk about KD for a second?

I don't think he really wants to play in NYC for the Knicks. That organization is a total crapshoot.

I also think he was treated enough as an outsider in GS that he might not want to be there long term.

I guess he could go to the Clippers, but why not Boston?
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#1948 » by Green89 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:01 am

I am not so sure Beal or Conley or anyone else will be enough to make Horford stay. There's no deal right now that can give him great odds of making the Finals. I think Horford leaves.
31to6
RealGM

Post#1949 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:08 am

The Corey's wrote:
31to6 wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

I'm not sad about losing him. I'm sad about not milking a first rounder or two out of him. Or switching him up for some young talent.

Danny really REALLY missed the ball on this one. It can not be understated.

No argument from me there whatsoever. That whole trade and situation (Gordon and Kyrie smiling at each other at their press conference) turned into a straight up L and I damn wish it hadn’t.

(Well Gordon could still get some mojo back — if he doesn’t get dealt this summer he’ll have much more of an opportunity though I suspect Danny will thin the herd with him, JT and JB)
31to6
RealGM

Post#1950 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:10 am

Green89 wrote:I am not so sure Beal or Conley or anyone else will be enough to make Horford stay. There's no deal right now that can give him great odds of making the Finals. I think Horford leaves.

This doesn’t, at all, sound like Al Horford to me.

I’m thinking he’s looking forward to the year ahead.
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,101

Post#1951 » by RickyDizzle » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:17 am

Find a sign and trade for Terry. Get a trade exception for a trade later. Start smart at the 1, sign IT as his backup for the minimum. Keep wanamaker in the fold.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,050

Post#1952 » by London2Boston » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:18 am

I won’t hold anything against Al whatever he decides. He’s given us his all and in all honesty Ainge has let him down, because we are no where near a title as things stand.

Go get that deserved ring.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#1953 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:26 am

RickyDizzle wrote:Find a sign and trade for Terry. Get a trade exception for a trade later. Start smart at the 1, sign IT as his backup for the minimum. Keep wanamaker in the fold.

:banghead: :banghead:

Wow, are we already at this point?
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#1954 » by robdog_5 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:27 am

How did Ainge let Horford down. He got a all star player Hayward and an elite playoff closer in Kyrie. That while still having good players and picks. Ainge didn't let anyone down. We got unlucky with Hayward and Kyrie turned sour. But I will also be fine if Horford wants to leave for a better situation to win. He's earned that.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,638

Post#1955 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:32 am

nickgammon wrote:If Horford restructures his deal and we S&T Terry, can’t we just absorb Beal into the cap? Obviously the Celtics can attach a bunch of picks to make it worth it for the Wiz. Maybe 2 picks from this year, the Memphis pick, 1 future unprotected one.

S&T Terry to the Wizards, you mean? Why would Rozier and Wizards want that?

I think you can renounce everyone, trade for Beal using Brown, Williams, Yabusele + picks, then sign Horford to what's left with cap space (maybe $54M for 3 years). But you'd have very little depth.

Smart / Beal / Tatum / Horford / Baynes
Hayward / Ojeleye / room exception and a bunch of vet minimums
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#1956 » by Green89 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:33 am

robdog_5 wrote:How did Ainge let Horford down. He got a all star player Hayward and an elite playoff closer in Kyrie. That while still having good players and picks. Ainge didn't let anyone down. We got unlucky with Hayward and Kyrie turned sour. But I will also be fine if Horford wants to leave for a better situation to win. He's earned that.

During the recruiting of Horford, you would have to think Ainge and crew talked about adding pieces to win a ring, and boasted about all the assets to do that.
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,101

Post#1957 » by RickyDizzle » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:33 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
RickyDizzle wrote:Find a sign and trade for Terry. Get a trade exception for a trade later. Start smart at the 1, sign IT as his backup for the minimum. Keep wanamaker in the fold.

:banghead: :banghead:

Wow, are we already at this point?

Haha I was half kidding but would really rather give him a shot at the minum than pay Rozier 13 million a year... IT was always best as a bench gunner.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,260

Post#1958 » by brackdan70 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:43 am

nickgammon wrote:If Horford restructures his deal and we S&T Terry, can’t we just absorb Beal into the cap? Obviously the Celtics can attach a bunch of picks to make it worth it for the Wiz. Maybe 2 picks from this year, the Memphis pick, 1 future unprotected one.

That Is indeed possible but a lot of ifs

Is Rozier cool with the Wiz?
Will Horford take enough of a cut to make it possible?
Will the Wiz be cool with Rozier and picks...wont they want Smart and Brown?
Sign here
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,050

Post#1959 » by London2Boston » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:47 am

robdog_5 wrote:How did Ainge let Horford down. He got a all star player Hayward and an elite playoff closer in Kyrie. That while still having good players and picks. Ainge didn't let anyone down. We got unlucky with Hayward and Kyrie turned sour. But I will also be fine if Horford wants to leave for a better situation to win. He's earned that.

He sat on his hands during the season as the whole top East sides made win now moves and became better than us and then instead of delivering a stud in the off season to make up for it, he’s about to lose one.
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#1960 » by robdog_5 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:49 am

Green89 wrote:

During the recruiting of Horford, you would have to think Ainge and crew talked about adding pieces to win a ring, and boasted about all the assets to do that.

SO adding Hayward pre-injury and trading for Kyrie moves that in theory should have helped win? I'm not sure how you can retroactively say adding Hayward was bad at the time, nor trading for Kyrie. It didn't work out but that doesn't mean they didn't make good deals.

Return to Boston Celtics