Davis to the Lakers for Ball, Ingram, Hart & 2019 4th OV plus 2 1st rd picks

Moderator: bwgood77

pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Re: Davis to the Lakers for Ball, Ingram, Hart & 2019 4th OV plus 2 1st rd picks 

Post#21 » by pelifan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:48 am

bwgood77 wrote:
pelifan wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:I can see the Bulls trading their pick for Ball.

Pelicans would then have pick 1, pick 4 and pick 7 :o

we're rich

It's interesting reading this and given the defensive guys you will have in Jrue, Ball and Zion, that he would want to add a shooter but questions Garland because of his defense. Seems that backcourt is one that could handle it. I could see a team like ours hesitating because of that.

I think I like Hunter the most for fit on the Pelicans....just a versatile defender but great shooter next to him....could even go 4/5 in small ball at times.

Read on Twitter

I mean you gotta go BPA.

By history of similar height, age, style, college, production that guy would be Culver
By what I've seen on tape that'd be Hunter
By the direction the game is going and visual pop that'd be Garland

really hard choice. I think they all fit fine longterm. But Culver is probably the worst fit. In any case, I hope they dont trade out.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Re: Davis to the Lakers for Ball, Ingram, Hart & 2019 4th OV plus 2 1st rd picks 

Post#22 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:59 am

pelifan wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
pelifan wrote:
we're rich

It's interesting reading this and given the defensive guys you will have in Jrue, Ball and Zion, that he would want to add a shooter but questions Garland because of his defense. Seems that backcourt is one that could handle it. I could see a team like ours hesitating because of that.

I think I like Hunter the most for fit on the Pelicans....just a versatile defender but great shooter next to him....could even go 4/5 in small ball at times.

Read on Twitter

I mean you gotta go BPA.

By history of similar height, age, style, college, production that guy would be Culver
By what I've seen on tape that'd be Hunter
By the direction the game is going and visual pop that'd be Garland

really hard choice. I think they all fit fine longterm. But Culver is probably the worst fit. In any case, I hope they dont trade out.

Well yeah, BPA is always easy for people to say, but unless it's obvious it's in the eye of the beholder. Plus, you have one and done guys against multiple year guys...where were Hunter and Culver ranked after their first years? Not high. Not that it should matter.

I think it is all so close that it comes down to fit. Now if you did want to trade Lonzo and/or Ingram for sharp shooters, Culver seems like the perfect back court guy with Jrue. That tweet goes on with more discussion like trading down and adding Goga Bitadze as a pick/pop floor spacing option with Zion and also he mentions trading Jrue to the Bulls for Porter and 7 and taking White there....I guess after taking Culver at 4...so you'd have Culver, White and Ball rotating in the back court, or in sall ball Culver could play 3.
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#23 » by zuju » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:22 am

Lakers fan here with peace.

Congratulations for acquiring Ingram and Ball, 2 future all star, and a high lottery pick.
Before this trade, I strongly believed that Lakers can challenge the West for the top 4 seed next season as I foresee Ingram and Ball continue to make progress and become healthier next season. I like them a lot. Think they will be all star very soon (maybe as soon as next season?). Really hope they can return as lakers later in their career.
Adding Ingram and Ball with Jrue and Zion makes you a playoff contending team and Pelicans will be one of the funniest team to watch.
To me, its actually a Pau type of trade all over again. Lakers got the "Present" (Pau) and Grizzles got the "Future" (Marc). Now, the future of Pelicans is much brighter than the Grizzles at that time. Pels may be able to contend in next 3 years if everything goes right!

Of course I still root for the Lakers, I will support the Pelicans as well from now on.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#24 » by Crives » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:15 am

Any truth to this?
Read on Twitter
?s=21
delanka
Veteran
And1: 16,314

Post#25 » by delanka » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 am

hello my people
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#26 » by karkinos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Crives wrote:Any truth to this?
Read on Twitter
?s=21

doesn't make sense imo
can always draft a backup pg in the 2nd round. already have starters in jrue and zo.
new orleans needs a more pure deep threat to pair with zo.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#27 » by Dr_Heat » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:17 pm

See my sig
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Jody Smokz
Starter
And1: 1,388

Post#28 » by Jody Smokz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Gulf Coast Lakers fan here that gets to a few Pels games and a strong believer in this young core. NO is gonna be great and fun as hell to watch. AD is an all timer but I was invested heavy in this core and still aint excited about the trade.

I hope this team makes the playoffs and proves the sect of LA fans that were believers right.

Gentry is the best coach they've had and Zion/BI/Jrue/Zo are about to lock teams down and run them out the gym.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,124

Post#29 » by GopherIt! » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:01 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:
Spoiler:
right now:

ball/hart
jrue
ingram
randle?
zion
plus #4

thats not shabby i gess amirite peli?

Spoiler:
peli?

Hey there. Heat fan here. I feel Like we’re like your cousins on the board. Congrats on the haul!

I’m thinking it’s more likely that someone like DeAndre Hunter gets taken at 4 and you sign a center like Brook Lopez or DeAndre Jordan (depending on if they want to go inside or out). You could also trade for Hassan for cheap on an expiring (wink wink)

The real question is: what happens with Lonzo?

Jrue
Ingram
Hunter
Zion
Lopez/Jordan/Whiteside

Is a very nice team with hart as a 6th man. Lonzo could probably net yet another 1st

Side note i could also see you moving 4 to Atlanta for 8 and 10 and getting some real depth.

hello

greeting heat fam and thank you for your support!

there are so many options its hard to say what the FO will do.

we look forward to more interactions with you on this board in the future.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,124

Post#30 » by GopherIt! » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:08 pm

I like Garland the most. trade ball for 6 draft culver or hunter.

pg: Garland / Jrue / hart
sg: Jrue /Ingram /hart
sf: Ingram / hunter
pf: zion
c: dill pickle
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: 2019 free agency 

Post#31 » by HeatIn5 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Crazy way to look at it:

Read on Twitter

Craziest part is Bronny Jr is in 9th grade. Imagine if this goes full circle and he doesn't play with Bronny because of this deal?
Read on Twitter
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#32 » by HeatIn5 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:54 pm

delanka wrote:hello my people

https://gfycat.com/carelessloathsomehornedviper

heat fans in here right now

Read on Twitter
Fedor
Senior
And1: 332

Post#33 » by Fedor » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Ill be watching more pelican games next year.
Zo- you guys are gonna love him
Ingram- he will infuriate you but when his shot is falling from the mid range its a wrap
Hart- hustle, strong base and can shoot the 3 when hes healthy. Hes still prone to dumb fouls

Thanks for AD m8s.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,930

Post#34 » by zimpy27 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:00 pm

Pels don't want pick 4, can't imagine they want to trade Ball for pick 6.
It's better for them to stagger draft picks. You have more than 2 great players in a draft and it can create problems with taxes down the track.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#35 » by dean456 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:12 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
pelifan wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:I can see the Bulls trading their pick for Ball.

Pelicans would then have pick 1, pick 4 and pick 7 :o

we're rich

I'm happy for you guys getting Zion and a nice haul with picks. Now just do me a favor and find a way to crush the Flakers for us k.....
:wink:

Also, you guys( IF you trade Ball to Chicago for the 7th pick) should then move the 4th pick, 7th, a future laker first/ and Ingram to Washington for Beal.

That would give you much better shooting as well. :nod:

:lol: :crazy:
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Re: 2019 free agency 

Post#36 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 am

JustiseForMiami wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:Crazy way to look at it:

Read on Twitter

Craziest part is Bronny Jr is in 9th grade. Imagine if this goes full circle and he doesn't play with Bronny because of this deal?

That would be sooooo delicious
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
tv24lakers
Junior
And1: 96

Post#37 » by tv24lakers » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:56 am

zuju wrote:Lakers fan here with peace.

Congratulations for acquiring Ingram and Ball, 2 future all star, and a high lottery pick.
Before this trade, I strongly believed that Lakers can challenge the West for the top 4 seed next season as I foresee Ingram and Ball continue to make progress and become healthier next season. I like them a lot. Think they will be all star very soon (maybe as soon as next season?). Really hope they can return as lakers later in their career.
Adding Ingram and Ball with Jrue and Zion makes you a playoff contending team and Pelicans will be one of the funniest team to watch.
To me, its actually a Pau type of trade all over again. Lakers got the "Present" (Pau) and Grizzles got the "Future" (Marc). Now, the future of Pelicans is much brighter than the Grizzles at that time. Pels may be able to contend in next 3 years everything goes right!

Of course I still root for the Lakers, I will support the Pelicans as well from now hon.

As you would expect by the chosen handle, I’m a Laker fan. As I still root for Julius Randle, I will be cheering for Zo and BI as their careers continue to blossom. I wish the Pelicans nothing but the best.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#38 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 am

Also been a Pels fan since I was still in my dad's nut
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,441

Post#39 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:06 am

dean456 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
pelifan wrote:
we're rich

I'm happy for you guys getting Zion and a nice haul with picks. Now just do me a favor and find a way to crush the Flakers for us k.....
:wink:

Also, you guys( IF you trade Ball to Chicago for the 7th pick) should then move the 4th pick, 7th, a future laker first/ and Ingram to Washington for Beal.

That would give you much better shooting as well. :nod:

:lol: :crazy:

Just what aspect of what i said do you find so unrealistic? Just curious..... :D
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#40 » by Illuminaire » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:44 am

Garland is the right pick at #4. His worst case scenario is Lou Williams. His upside is Dame. That's a fantastic spectrum to be on.

The kid has amazing court sense, both for scoring and for smart passing. He can get anywhere he wants to with his handle, and he has a fast release with deep range. His one weakness is defense, but he's not tiny - he's 6'3 with a reasonable frame. It's not much of a weakness.

Garland's range and playmaking is also a delicious combination with Zion's skillset and athleticism. It's easy to imagine those two and Jrue forming an absolutely killer core of a team.

Regarding Ball, I'd lean towards trading him. While I like Lonzo, his free throw shooting is terrifyingly bad, which really throws a shadow over the hopes that he'll ever become a good long range shooter... and it would be painfully bad roster construction to have a big minute starting guard who can't shoot. That will completely destroy the spacing for Zion. It might not seem so bad during the regular season, but down the line in the playoffs? It wouldn't work. So let's sell high.

I'm not as keen on flipping him for the 6/7 pick in this draft, though. None of the guys going there excite me. Culver just isn't that efficient and struggled against elite college defenders. Hunter's 'activity' stats are strangely weak for a hustle defender, and I don't trust him to be more than a roleplayer in the NBA. Coby White isn't currently good at basketball, yet he looks like a savant compared to Reddish. So while I advocate moving Ball, I'm not sure what the right package is for him.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans