ImageImageImageImage

Off-season trade ideas

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Off-season trade ideas 

Post#1 » by Airgordon00 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Post any trade ideas that you like!

A trade I’d be interested in is:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yyezfggp

Magic in: Zach Lavine

Spurs in: Evan Fournier, 16th pick and 38th pick.

Bulls in: Demar Derozan.

Magic get a young guard who can put the ball in the basket and who could improve on the defensive end with Coach Cliff’s guidance.

Spurs get a respectable replacement for Demar and save some money to use somewhere else. They get some decent picks to help them build towards the future but still can remain competitive.

Bulls get a all star guard who can help their young core grow.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,590

Re: Off-season trade ideas 

Post#2 » by Skybox » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Magic would, Bulls wouldn't...DD has been great but older, more expensive, less athletic version of Lavine, without any range
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#3 » by Max Power » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:22 am

Lavine certainly helps the Magic’s backcourt scoring. Defense is certainly somewhere he could improve. Maybe being on a better team would take Levine to the next level of player. I certainly am in favor of moving on from Fournier at this point.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Airgordon00
Junior

Post#4 » by Airgordon00 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:00 pm

Max Power wrote:Lavine certainly helps the Magic’s backcourt scoring. Defense is certainly somewhere he could improve. Maybe being on a better team would take Levine to the next level of player. I certainly am in favor of moving on from Fournier at this point.

Yeah I am definitely in favor of seeing Fournier traded this offseason. I would like to see Isaac and Gordon get more offensive usage this year. I have a really good feeling Isaac is going to break out this year.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#5 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 pm

I'm totally looking to sell Fournier to a western conference team right now whose cap screwed for another 1st this year.

OKC- Adams + 21 for Fournier? Adams would be a 2 year C who can start and work minutes with Bamba & Birch. Magic get a mid 1st and can take whoever drops and are in a great spot to fill a backup 4 need or SF role. Cam Johnson, Claxton, Williams, Porter JR taking Thybuelle wouldn't be the worst.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#6 » by tiderulz » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:13 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:I'm totally looking to sell Fournier to a western conference team right now whose cap screwed for another 1st this year.

OKC- Adams + 21 for Fournier? Adams would be a 2 year C who can start and work minutes with Bamba & Birch. Magic get a mid 1st and can take whoever drops and are in a great spot to fill a backup 4 need or SF role. Cam Johnson, Claxton, Williams, Porter JR taking Thybuelle wouldn't be the worst.

you do realize that Fournier makes $34mil over the next 2 years, Adams makes $52mil over those 2 years?
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#7 » by j-ragg » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:27 pm

I've been on the Devin Booker wagon for a while but I'd try and see if he'd be available.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:30 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:I'm totally looking to sell Fournier to a western conference team right now whose cap screwed for another 1st this year.

you do realize that Fournier makes $34mil over the next 2 years, Adams makes $52mil over those 2 years?

Thinking big picture somewhat and spit-balling. Don't want Vuc back at 20+ over 4 years. FA C list isn't really exciting for what we realistically could get. Adams could fill starting role for 2 years while Bamba gets ready and Adams is definitely serviceable. 21st pick could also allow us to take more bench depth for shooting/valuable rookie contract.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,153

Post#9 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Inb4 the baguette bois start arguing about how much better Fournier is than Lavine
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:Inb4 the baguette bois start arguing about how much better Fournier is than Lavine

OMFG shut it down.... thread's over this wins -> baguette bois :lol: :lol: :lol:
Airgordon00
Junior

Post#11 » by Airgordon00 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:14 am

If the pelicans call and offer #4 pick for Mo Bamba? Do you pull the trigger? Obviously we would have to be assured vooch is coming back. But if that’s the case would you do it?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#12 » by NotACat » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:15 am

Airgordon00 wrote:If the pelicans call and offer #4 pick for Mo Bamba? Do you pull the trigger? Obviously we would have to be assured vooch is coming back. But if that’s the case would you do it?

I would say no, I think Bamba is a better prospect than anyone available after 2
Black Lives Matter
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#13 » by tiderulz » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:52 am

NotACat wrote:
Airgordon00 wrote:If the pelicans call and offer #4 pick for Mo Bamba? Do you pull the trigger? Obviously we would have to be assured vooch is coming back. But if that’s the case would you do it?

I would say no, I think Bamba is a better prospect than anyone available after 2

and i say yes. You need wing players to win in the NBA. we need to upgrade ours desperately. dont need a center to win.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#14 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:57 am

Hell Yes. To me, Bamba hasn't shown any elite abilities. I say roll the dice on someone else.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Catledge
Starter
And1: 833

Post#15 » by Catledge » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:00 am

If we could get Lavine for Fournier + 16, I would definitely do that. I would be willing to add a second FRP or multiple SRPs, but I don't think I would give up any of BIG.

As an alternative, I would offer a similar package for Jrue Holiday.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#16 » by zaymon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:26 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:

Hell Yes. To me, Bamba hasn't shown any elite abilities. I say roll the dice on someone else.

I would propably say yes and draft Culver unless Weltman see great change since injury than i would rather go with Mo. Culver is a perfect fit for us.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#17 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:35 am

Lakers getting Davis just shows how in NBA city/ destination/ franchise name still has more value than being runned "the right way".
Lakers easly have top 3 worst front office, yet they sit with Lebron and Davis mostly because they are in LA
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#18 » by Bensational » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:53 am

I'm probably in the minority, but I would take that deal. I'd rather take a shot on Garland or Coby White, and then use the 16 on one of the bigs (like Goga? Or Bol Bol? etc). Or we could dip back into the pot of wings and take a NAW/Langford/Herro/etc perimeter partner for them.

I love Bamba, but I'd prefer to invest in some prospects who have skills upfront and advanced scoring instincts, and particularly those skills in a perimeter playmaker. I'm sure there will be other bigs with freak physical profiles we can gamble on with other picks. But the front court should be of low priority to us when we're looking for a potential franchise player.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#19 » by j-ragg » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:42 pm

I'd trade Bamba for 4 whether Vuc left or stayed. Nothing against Bamba, a prospect like Garland would do wonders for this team more than a rim protector that can potentially stretch the floor.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#20 » by MoMM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:05 pm

I'd trade Bamba for #4 in a heartbreak.

Return to Orlando Magic