ImageImageImageImage

D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Re: D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related 

Post#221 » by j-ragg » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Eh. Not sure how much it changes. I think Kyrie was only going to maybe not go to Brooklyn if the Knicks traded for AD. He wants to be in NY, I think it's just a matter of which situation is better. Which is almsot always not the Knicks.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#222 » by MoMM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Bensational wrote:
Audi wrote:
Bensational wrote:AD traded. The big dominoes are starting to fall.

The Pels should try to clear some space to make a run at D'Lo. He seems like a perfect fit for that team.

Eh.

Ball
Jrue
Ingram
Zion
Randle

Seems legit already, tbh.

D'Lo/Ball
Jrue/Hart
Ingram
Zion
Randle

+ Garland/White/Culver/Hunter

Part of me would love that they're basically the Lakers rebuild through the draft if this happened, sans Kuzma

That backcourt would be strong. D'Lo would be a massive upgrade over Lonzo, and a perfect compliment to Zion's game. The front court would be interesting, with two bulldozing offensive bigs with similar squat and bulky frames. Then Ingram, the long and lanky SF who does a bit of it all on both ends of the court.

They're all very good/great passers and capable/good individual playmakers, too. Plenty of poor shot choices in there, too, between Randle and Russell. But if it worked...?

I'd try to trade Ball to Phoenix as soon as possible and keep Payton as backup PG.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#223 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:01 pm

I think DLo ends up in Indy or Phx.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,102

Post#224 » by Magic#1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:I think DLo ends up in Indy or Phx.

If Phoenix offers him max money, I would have a very hard time turning that down if I'm him. He'd still get the ball a ton but wouldn't have the pressure to be "the guy" and wouldn't get all the blame if they falter. Booker, Ayton, D-Lo and their other pieces could develop into something really friggin' good. I'm hopeful we got a shot, but there are probably more intriguing opportunities for him elsewhere unless he really wants to be the undisputed No. 1 option and "the guy."
AshBlackstone
Senior
And1: 221

Post#225 » by AshBlackstone » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:57 am

He will get a ton of offers. Our chances of landing him are small.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#226 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 am

I hope DLo stays here, I think the only way he's gone is if Nets get 2 max guys or if they S&T him. If we don't get the 2nd star player than I can't see the Nets not matching any offer for him. What would you guys trade if Nets agreed to a S&T?
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#227 » by Skin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 am

Papi_swav wrote:I hope DLo stays here, I think the only way he's gone is if Nets get 2 max guys or if they S&T him. If we don't get the 2nd star player than I can't see the Nets not matching any offer for him. What would you guys trade if Nets agreed to a S&T?

Evan Fournier sound good? Fultz?

Isaac, Gordon and Bamba are probably not realistic.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#228 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:02 am

Skin wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I hope DLo stays here, I think the only way he's gone is if Nets get 2 max guys or if they S&T him. If we don't get the 2nd star player than I can't see the Nets not matching any offer for him. What would you guys trade if Nets agreed to a S&T?

Would really really love a DLo for Gordon swap but yea might not be realistic. I highly doubt Nets use their cap space on Fournier or Fultz... this will be tough. Personally I would rather keep DLo to go with Kyrie.
Skin
RealGM

Post#229 » by Skin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:07 am

Magic#1 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:I think DLo ends up in Indy or Phx.

If Phoenix offers him max money, I would have a very hard time turning that down if I'm him. He'd still get the ball a ton but wouldn't have the pressure to be "the guy" and wouldn't get all the blame if they falter. Booker, Ayton, D-Lo and their other pieces could develop into something really friggin' good. I'm hopeful we got a shot, but there are probably more intriguing opportunities for him elsewhere unless he really wants to be the undisputed No. 1 option and "the guy."

With the draft coming before FA can Phx really make the gamble and pass on Garland or White in the draft with the intention of chasing DLo?

I have doubts about that. So if they draft a PG, DLo won't be a target for them and he probably won't want to go there.

Indy is probably a spot but I don't think the duo of DLo and Dipo are a good fit.

Orlando is his best spot if he leaves NJ... but I still don't think he finds his way here.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#230 » by Skin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:09 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Skin wrote:

Would really really love a DLo for Gordon swap but yea might not be realistic. I highly doubt Nets use their cap space on Fournier or Fultz... this will be tough. Personally I would rather keep DLo to go with Kyrie.

Yeah I think it's the Nets plans to keep both.

I don't recall the last time there was a S&T involving a RFA and the outgoing team got a great return.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,890

Post#231 » by drsd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:47 am

Skin wrote:With the draft coming before FA can Phx really make the gamble and pass on Garland or White in the draft with the intention of chasing DLo?

Just draft one, and trade their rights if Russell were to be signed.

Skin
RealGM

Post#232 » by Skin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 pm

drsd wrote:
Skin wrote:With the draft coming before FA can Phx really make the gamble and pass on Garland or White in the draft with the intention of chasing DLo?

That's sounds like very slim odds.

I think PHX would be content at PG if they drafted one and DLo would be looking elsewhere...

Honestly, I think Boston might end up replacing Kyrie with DLo in some form of S&T between them.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#233 » by j-ragg » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Skin wrote:
drsd wrote:

I think PHX would be content at PG if they drafted one and DLo would be looking elsewhere...

Honestly, I think Boston might end up replacing Kyrie with DLo in some form of S&T between them.

I think it would hard cap both teams, don’t see any way it happens. I think Boston runs it back with Rozier (maybe on the qo?) and hopes to recreate that playoff run they had over a full season when the young guys were going off.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,890

Post#234 » by drsd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Skin wrote:Honestly, I think Boston might end up replacing Kyrie with DLo in some form of S&T between them.

Russell replacing Irving might make the Celts a longer-term dominant force in the East.

If I were to care about Boston, this possibility would excite me.

Skin
RealGM

Post#235 » by Skin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:57 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Skin wrote:
drsd wrote:

I think it would hard cap both teams, don’t see any way it happens. I think Boston runs it back with Rozier (maybe on the qo?) and hopes to recreate that playoff run they had over a full season when the young guys were going off.

I don't know their cap situations but that doesn't sound right.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#236 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 pm

Skin wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
Skin wrote:That's sounds like very slim odds.

Boston would need to have AL Horford to opt out to have any cap space.

Think DLo has 3-4 teams who could make it happen : Utah, Indy Orlando Suns Brooklyn and I have them in that order of likeliest to least.

Utah has 14M in Cap Space after renouncing Rubio, Thabo, Ekpe and 2 other bums. They could create more by waiving Favors 16.9M 0$0 non guaranteed and Korver's $7.4 only $3.4M guarenteed deal. Would get them to 34M of open space.

Indy - Has some solid cap hits 20M Thad young, 15M Cory Joseph, 14.8M Tyreke Evans, Bogdanovic 13.6M and Darren Collison 13M. Pick 2 or 3 and renounce and you've got the 28-30M room for DLo.

Orlando- Would have to renounce Vuc + TRoss + Martin + Grant to get to 17M, then could waive and stretch Moz to get to 27M.

Suns - Would need Tyler Johnson to decline 19.2 M player option, renounce Oubre, Bender, Daniels, Holmes and Crawford.

Brooklyn- Grab Kyrie and re sign DLo... seems extremely unlikely.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#237 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Brooklyn related news... unreal what they've been able to do over the last 3 years.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#238 » by magicman112 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:43 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Brooklyn related news... unreal what they've been able to do over the last 3 years.

Yes they've come a long way from gambling their future on older vets until now being in position to get some star players.
Skin
RealGM

Post#239 » by Skin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:46 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Skin wrote:
j-ragg wrote:I think it would hard cap both teams, don’t see any way it happens. I think Boston runs it back with Rozier (maybe on the qo?) and hopes to recreate that playoff run they had over a full season when the young guys were going off.

Boston would need to have AL Horford to opt out to have any cap space.

Think DLo has 3-4 teams who could make it happen : Utah, Indy Orlando Suns Brooklyn and I have them in that order of likeliest to least.

Utah has 14M in Cap Space after renouncing Rubio, Thabo, Ekpe and 2 other bums. They could create more by waiving Favors 16.9M 0$0 non guaranteed and Korver's $7.4 only $3.4M guarenteed deal. Would get them to 34M of open space.

Indy - Has some solid cap hits 20M Thad young, 15M Cory Joseph, 14.8M Tyreke Evans, Bogdanovic 13.6M and Darren Collison 13M. Pick 2 or 3 and renounce and you've got the 28-30M room for DLo.

Orlando- Would have to renounce Vuc + TRoss + Martin + Grant to get to 17M, then could waive and stretch Moz to get to 27M.

Suns - Would need Tyler Johnson to decline 19.2 M player option, renounce Oubre, Bender, Daniels, Holmes and Crawford.

Brooklyn- Grab Kyrie and re sign DLo... seems extremely unlikely.

That's an awesome summary!

But by doing a S&T w/BRK, couldn't BOS go over their cap to sign him using his Bird Rights? Both Kyrie and DLo would get the most they could get in that scenario.

$27M doesn't sound like enough for us to compete for him. As much as people say players look for playing time, winning, fit... they still choose money over all when coming out of their rookie deals.

I hope Utah ends up with Conley... they have been linked. DLo w/Dipo could either be like Lillard/McCollum or be a total misfit. Suns are probably drafting a PG, plus they will be using a big chunk of change on Oubre. Don't count out Brooklyn.

If CHI drafts Garland or White, I would check on the availability of Kris Dunn.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,680

Post#240 » by basketballRob » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:48 pm

Vucevic

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Orlando Magic