ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raps in 6ix. NBA Champs

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Re: PG: Raps in 6ix. NBA Champs 

Post#1861 » by LLJ » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:33 pm

Kyle's entire playoff run is a Jenny Craig ad...

Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,406

Post#1862 » by Wargreymon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:39 pm

JonasVFTW wrote:So the elephant in the room. What was the drama Kawhi was referencing in his interview with Kyle. I know we should respect the fact they want it private, but my inner nosy neighbor needs to know.

Thoughts?

The ongoing injury issues with Kawhi or Kyle?

Issue with another teammate? Maybe Delon or JV? Maybe Delon wanted more PT and was making a stink?

Why would kawhi even bring it up in that forum if they wanted it quiet?

Come to think of it I think Danny made reference to that same issue on his podcast where Kyle needed an intervention or something.
Around the 42 minute mark:
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#1863 » by Bankai » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:45 pm

Sounds to me that Kyle Lowry was really pissed about Derozan being traded and that some of the guys had to counsel him constantly and eventually over time, Lowry started to come around. Winning with a real Superstar really does cure everything.

Also ALOT of things challenged this team outside the Court with Family Members dying, injuries on the Team piling up early on, OG's appendectomy, Masai getting hated for trading Derozan, "Kawhi Stay or He Go?", it was a crazy Season.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,161

Post#1864 » by djsunyc » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:45 pm

JonasVFTW wrote:So the elephant in the room. What was the drama Kawhi was referencing in his interview with Kyle. I know we should respect the fact they want it private, but my inner nosy neighbor needs to know.

Thoughts?

Issue with another teammate? Maybe Delon or JV? Maybe Delon wanted more PT and was making a stink?

could be alot of things but my guess is the family related deaths and the toll it took on the team.

nurse's mom, norm's grandfather, mccaw's brother, og's pops
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#1865 » by Patman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:13 pm

djsunyc wrote:

Thoughts?

could be alot of things but my guess is the family related deaths and the toll it took on the team.

There was also that strange period where Lowry spent like two straight weeks in Philly and was not with the team. He was nursing injuries, but there seemed to be something more going on.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,342

Post#1866 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:16 pm

LLJ wrote:Kyle's entire playoff run is a Jenny Craig ad...

i noticed this too

he lost major weight
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,432

Post#1867 » by mtcan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Thoughts?

Fred alluded to guys thinking they should be playing more. He referenced Norm as an example. This happens on a deep team...when you see a guy like McCaw playing over you, as the guy who's been around longer...probably not happy about it.
djsunyc
RealGM

Post#1868 » by djsunyc » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:31 pm

Patman wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Thoughts?

There was also that strange period where Lowry spent like two straight weeks in Philly and was not with the team. He was nursing injuries, but there seemed to be something more going on.

i dont remember this - do you have a link?
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#1869 » by Patman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:40 pm

djsunyc wrote:
Patman wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Our pathetic news media didn't make a story out of it, but there was a stretch where Kyle missed 4 games, played in Philly, and then missed another 5 games: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lowryky01/gamelog/2019 (Games 31 to 41)

He was not with the team for most of that stretch. My opinion, Kyle told the team that if Kawhi can take time off to load manage, he should be able to do it too.
TANKNATION
Analyst
And1: 11,049

Post#1870 » by TANKNATION » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:42 pm

Norman powell, serge ibaka (they need a Center) and a first for jrue holiday?

Lowry
Holiday (he prefers SG)
Kawhi (if he re-signs)
Siakam
Gasol

FVV
Green (said he wants to come back)
OG
Boucher
:crazy:
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1871 » by Matty » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:05 pm

TANKNATION wrote:Norman powell, serge ibaka (they need a Center) and a first for jrue holiday?

Lowry
Holiday (he prefers SG)
Kawhi (if he re-signs)
Siakam
Gasol

FVV
Green (said he wants to come back)
OG
Boucher

LOL why fix something that's not broken?

The 8 man rotation plus OG coming back is better and far more equipped to deal with the Lakers than bringing in Holiday and losing depth in the process. Gasol will be 35 next year and you want a more mobile big man defending AD. Boucher has zero NBA RG experience let alone playoffs and you want him in that fire?

With GS out the way we are still the best team in the league even if Kemba goes to the Lakers.
djsunyc
RealGM

Post#1872 » by djsunyc » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:09 pm

Patman wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Patman wrote:

Our pathetic news media didn't make a story out of it, but there was a stretch where Kyle missed 4 games, played in Philly, and then missed another 5 games: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/lowryky01/gamelog/2019 (Games 31 to 41)

He was not with the team for most of that stretch. My opinion, Kyle told the team that if Kawhi can take time off to load manage, he should be able to do it too.

thanks. this may be what led to ujiri's sit down with him.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#1873 » by lobosloboslobos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm

djsunyc wrote:
Patman wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

thanks. this may be what led to ujiri's sit down with him.

interesting. i really felt like something was different about kyle in these playoffs. mostly it felt like he had really been influenced by Kawhi. he wasn't complaining to the refs. he wasn't playing hero ball. he wasn't losing control because he wanted to win so bad like he sometimes used to do when things got tight. he seemed to really absorb the whole 'calm, cool, collected, confident' mentality that Kawhi projects so hard and it was a huge factor in Kyle being such an effective leader this year. I just assumed it was from being close to kawhi all year but maybe there was actually more to it than that.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,934

Post#1874 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:12 pm

mtcan wrote:

Thoughts?

Fred alluded to guys thinking they should be playing more. He referenced Norm as an example. This happens on a deep team...when you see a guy like McCaw playing over you, as the guy who's been around longer...probably not happy about it.

Yeah, I think something around Norm-Delon-McCaw makes some sense. At once point Norm was benched. Can't remember what game but it was mid-season and it seemed kind of strange to me that he wasn't put in the rotation. Then we were losing, he got his number called and started killing it. Paul Jones said that Delon asked to be traded for more opportunity, although he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would start anything. McCaw we really don't know about but I felt like a lot of his minutes were unearned.
Bankai
RealGM

Post#1875 » by Bankai » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:22 pm

Lin does a Championship Podcast with Nigahiga while in Vegas, I like to hear players break it down after Game 5:
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#1876 » by MavCarter » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Bankai wrote:Lin does a Championship Podcast with Nigahiga while in Vegas, I like to hear players break it down after Game 5:

Lin doing podcasts instead of partying in vegas. ive never related to anyone more
#Enjoytheride
Uncle Dennis
General Manager
And1: 12,096

Post#1877 » by Uncle Dennis » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:51 pm

Patman wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Thoughts?

Then the news that Masai inquired about trading Kyle (for Conley?). I feel like Kyle was still pretty pissed until around February.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,347

Post#1878 » by MadDogSHWA » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Paper cup you da real MVP!!!

Magloire: Box and 1!!!
Marc Jackson: That is old school
JVG: No. I've never seen that before
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
Bankai
RealGM

Post#1879 » by Bankai » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:04 pm

MavCarter wrote:
Bankai wrote:Lin does a Championship Podcast with Nigahiga while in Vegas, I like to hear players break it down after Game 5:

Lin doing podcasts instead of partying in vegas. ive never related to anyone more

I liked the part where he says that he still got hate for not playing when the Raptors won the Title. And he had to sit back and tell himself that he did deserve his Ring because he was involved and contributed to the Team the whole time even if he didnt play. And at some point you need to stop taking other people's words to heart, good or bad. The whole Team deserves their Rings 100%.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#1880 » by Anatomize » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:08 pm

It’s not about role players wanting more playing time, that would be a run of the mill issue as far as NBA teams.

You guys are all forgetting to mention Kyle sat down infront of the whole world and did a petty non needed interview with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols where he aired dirty laundry publicly citing a strained relationship with our front office and was acting pouty. I still remember this point in the season because immediately after that we started losing games more frequently after an amazingly hot start to the season. Kyle had a bad brain fart there after coming out gangbusters to start the year.

I think it’s far more likely the issue surrounded him.

Return to Toronto Raptors