cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#621 » by cdubbz » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
There's a good chance Livingston steps out after this year is over.

And Livingston and Klay spend time at small forward as well, so I'm sure the Warriors would find plenty of time for Rose as a bench scorer we haven't really had.

Has Livingston said anything about retiring after the season? Don’t see why he would not play out his contract.

I would love Rose on this team but it would be a surprise for him to consider us.

Reasons to consider us:

Winning adds to his legacy. And he would literally play 25-30 minutes for us off the bench. We need a guy who can score and initiate for us off that bench, but he'd play plenty of minutes with starters as well.

He'd have to come cheap and its a long shot, but I'd talk to him right away and try to sell him on it. Sometimes being wanted by a respected franchise and the chance at winning big can make dudes think.

Would love it if he did. Rose never seemed like a guy who cared about legacy. He’s said it’s not about the money before, but I’m sure he can squeeze out one last big check.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#622 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:31 am

cdubbz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
statsman wrote:And for playing time. Between Curry/Klay and Iguodala/Livingston, there are few available guard minutes. At least the way the rotations are for the Warriors right now.

There's a good chance Livingston steps out after this year is over.

And Livingston and Klay spend time at small forward as well, so I'm sure the Warriors would find plenty of time for Rose as a bench scorer we haven't really had.

Has Livingston said anything about retiring after the season? Don’t see why he would not play out his contract.

I would love Rose on this team but it would be a surprise for him to consider us.

I haven't heard anything about Livingston retiring this off-season..... but his contract for next season is only partially guaranteed (I think only $2M is guaranteed of the $8M total), so it's conceivable the front office could just waive him, depending on what else happens with the roster, the salary cap/luxury tax implications, and what (if anything) they could do with the savings. (I suspect they could also stretch the $2M over 3 years, though I'm not 100% sure if stretching that is permissible. If it is, they literally would only count $0.7M of his scheduled $8M salary against the cap.)
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#623 » by cdubbz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:42 am

I’ll take Tyson Chandler for the veterans minimum.he is an old man at this point but he’s be last big man off the bench.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#624 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Apr 7, 2019 9:29 pm

We should look to sign Luc Mbah A Moute (Waive some scrubs) -- Who just got waived by the Clippers. We're gonna need his defensive versatility for the post-season.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#625 » by BW32 » Sun Apr 7, 2019 11:08 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:We should look to sign Luc Mbah A Moute (Waive some scrubs) -- Who just got waived by the Clippers. We're gonna need his defensive versatility for the post-season.

You have to get waived by March 1rst to be eligible for the playoffs.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#626 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Apr 7, 2019 11:13 pm

BW32 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:We should look to sign Luc Mbah A Moute (Waive some scrubs) -- Who just got waived by the Clippers. We're gonna need his defensive versatility for the post-season.

You have to get waived by March 1rst to be eligible for the playoffs.

Nevermind, looks like he's having seasoning-ending surgery after being waived by Clippers.

https://www.slamonline.com/newswire/clippers-waive-luc-mbah-a-moute/
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#627 » by Scoots1994 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:44 pm

I'd like to bring Iguodala and Livingston back on cheap deals with a coaching deal rider for the moment they retire ... but they probably are not coming back.

Klay, KD, and Cousins is going to be up to them since the Warriors have effectively said they will offer them their maxes.

There is a LOT of money out there this year so the Warriors are probably going to struggle to add outside free agents with any kind of pedigree.

But ever the optimist here are some names I'd like on the Warriors for between a vet min and the exception:

Trevor Ariza, Thabo Sefolosha, Cory Joseph, Wes Matthews, Reggie Bullock, Austin Rivers, Rodney Hood, Ricky Rubio, Pat Beverley, Terrence Ross, Wayne Ellington, Seth Curry, Markieff Morris, JaMychal Green, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, Ed Davis, Dewayne Dedmon.

Some are in range of possible and some are going to get offered a LOT more to play elsewhere. We'll see.

Any of you have lesser known UFAs who would fit well?
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#628 » by BW32 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:19 am

Shaun is washed and openly talking about retirement, Andre is not a free agent.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#629 » by Scoots1994 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:04 am

BW32 wrote:Shaun is washed and openly talking about retirement, Andre is not a free agent.

You are right about Iguodala. Shaun is certainly limited, but I still like him and it's not like there is a long list of better players to fill out the roster.
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#630 » by Great » Fri May 24, 2019 3:56 pm

Sign Ekpe Udoh and Anthony Randolph.

It’s perfect narrative symmetry, plus cost effective shooting and rim protection.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#631 » by shazam_guy » Sat May 25, 2019 6:43 am

I swear to God I just had a minor heart attack reading that.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#632 » by ILOVEIT » Mon May 27, 2019 9:45 pm

Dream offseason assuming Durant walks...
Nikola Mirotic, Cousins, Tucker :)
Curry, Klay, Mirotic, Green, Cousins
Keep who we have but let Livingston go.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#633 » by wco81 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:01 pm

They can't bring in any new players unless they are willing to play for the minimum.
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#634 » by TinoDubs » Tue May 28, 2019 6:20 pm

wco81 wrote:They can't bring in any new players unless they are willing to play for the minimum.

Why people still didn't get this? If KD walks, we get nothing. All we have is 5M+ MLE to sign one player.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#635 » by ILOVEIT » Tue May 28, 2019 6:29 pm

TinoDubs wrote:
wco81 wrote:They can't bring in any new players unless they are willing to play for the minimum.

Why people still didn't get this? If KD walks, we get nothing. All we have is 5M+ MLE to sign one player.

Because we are in denial :)
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#636 » by Impuniti » Thu May 30, 2019 5:16 am

TinoDubs wrote:

I purposely ignore all these posts.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#637 » by Kuya » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:42 am

Vince Carterrrr
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#638 » by wco81 » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:52 pm

With Brooklyn getting Taurean Prince in a trade, they might not bother resigning RFA Hollis-Jefferson, who can't shoot a lick, 44/22 career shooter.

But he can defend and probably is a good finisher. Only 24, maybe he will be available for a minimum deal on a prove-in year for him.

Stanley Johnson, the #8 pick of his draft class (Hollis-Jefferson was #24 the same year) is also RFA and Pelicans may also cut bait on him. Again a bricklayer, 37/29 for his career.

But only 23 and he's got good size to defend and finish.

Another player who may be open to a minimum prove-it deal.

They both have length to defend and finish but neither of them are playmakers like Iggy and Livingston or particularly good ball handlers as far as I know.

Warriors may look to replace Jerebko with more athleticism but they lose shooting in that trade. Lee can flat out shoot but he doesn't have the size or physical ability of either of these guys.

I guess they will keep Evans because he's under contract but these guys are bigger and stronger, probably more athletic too and he hasn't shown he can shoot any better than either of them.

Summer of 2020, Prince himself may not be re-signed by Nets. But Prince has been a better shooter so he may get far more than minimum contract offers.
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#639 » by BW32 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:42 pm

Since we are all sharing our unrealistic pipe dreams for the TPMLE I'm gonna throw my choice in the ring: Darren Collison, the Pacers are supposedly going after DLO and the Nets are supposedly going for Kyrie so maybe we can sneak in there somehow and steal Collison?

For min salary pickups I like Garret Temple, he can take over the lengthy guard role and he could shoot decently before he landed in LA. Didn't look all that good against us on round 1 so not sure he has any hype going for him right now.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#640 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Nikola Mirotic....for the Mid-level exception. He's a big long player who can shoot.

If not him I would go for Redick. Warriors REALLY fricking need some help as a starter during the regular season and off the bench when Klay and (if he re-signs) Durant come back.

Marcus Morris would be a nice signing for a guy that might eventually be a nice good sized bench shooter.

Return to Golden State Warriors