Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,808

Re: Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread 

Post#101 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:50 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote: Contrary to Begley’s claim, they won’t renounce DLo for Kyrie only.

They might if Kyrie says I'm not coming to share with Russell. Which knowing Kyrie is a real possibility.

I’m pretty sure that if Kyrie gave that sort of ultimatum, Marks would cut off talks. He’s not going to allow Kyrie to dictate moves, exhibit power and undermine culture before he’s signed.

Marks would sell out for Kawhi or a healthy KD. Not for Kyrie.

yeah im not at all buying that Marks would choose Russell over Kyrie. In fact I feel really confident he wouldn't.

It's all theoretical at the moment, but Russell simply isn't good enough to just say nah to a player like Kyrie. Especially since it would effect how future free agents view them.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#102 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:36 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
They might if Kyrie says I'm not coming to share with Russell. Which knowing Kyrie is a real possibility.

I’m pretty sure that if Kyrie gave that sort of ultimatum, Marks would cut off talks. He’s not going to allow Kyrie to dictate moves, exhibit power and undermine culture before he’s signed.

yeah im not at all buying that Marks would choose Russell over Kyrie. In fact I feel really confident he wouldn't.

It's all theoretical at the moment, but Russell simply isn't good enough to just say nah to a player like Kyrie. Especially since it would effect how future free agents view them.

But Kyrie is not good enough to allow to dictate roster decisions. It’s a moot point, because I doubt Kyrie would insist on pushing DLo out without a 2nd star willing to come.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#103 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Both guys are essentially 30% or more usage rate type players. That’s just real hard to integrate, and I’m not really sure that Kyrie would work to make that happen with a DLo vs a Durant or even a Tobias or Butler.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#104 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I’m pretty sure that if Kyrie gave that sort of ultimatum, Marks would cut off talks. He’s not going to allow Kyrie to dictate moves, exhibit power and undermine culture before he’s signed.

Both guys are essentially 30% or more usage rate type players. That’s just real hard to integrate, and I’m not really sure that Kyrie would work to make that happen with a DLo vs a Durant or even a Tobias or Butler.

Hands off Philly's questionable max and Butler.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,087

Post#105 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#106 » by Trader_Joe » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Sounding more and more like Irving is still going to Brooklyn and Russell is gone regardless. Also, sounds like KD could still be a possibility as well.

Also in there is Pacers rumored interest in D.Lo. per Begley who first reported that D.Lo is likely gone.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2019/6/16/18680976/are-kyrie-irving-nets-close-to-a-done-deal-and-is-russell-gone
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,534

Post#107 » by codydaze » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Doesn't look like we'll be throwing money at Vuc, I'm holding out hope we go after Dedmon.

Read on Twitter
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,896

Post#108 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:37 pm

Irving alone isn't going to begin that Nets team anywhere. They should stay the course with DLo unless inking Irving greatly increases their chance at KD.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#109 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:39 pm

Read on Twitter

I don't have an athletic subscription to read the full article but still an interesting tidbit.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#110 » by pacers33granger » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:40 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Irving alone isn't going to begin that Nets team anywhere. They should stay the course with DLo unless inking Irving greatly increases their chance at KD.

A maxed Russell is a questionable deal and may not have much, if any, positive value on the trade market. If he doesn't work with Kyrie (which is not farfetched in the least), then they've just saddled themselves with a contract that may be tough to move.

I personally still think they should keep Russell but the argument against it if Kyrie is coming makes sense.
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Post#111 » by Jon1798 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Jazz with Conley are going to be very tough to handle if that’s what happens.

I have zero feeling what Vuc’s market is going to look like.
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#112 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Conley to Utah makes so much sense and looks great on paper.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#113 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:16 pm

Jon1798 wrote:Jazz with Conley are going to be very tough to handle if that’s what happens.

Vuc could hit on a team that misses on 1st 2nd options and decides to throw $ rather then spend on 2-3 guys for depth. Big Money to Vuc screams of desperate GM trying to save his job/show improvement/get into playoffs.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:26 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Jon1798 wrote:Jazz with Conley are going to be very tough to handle if that’s what happens.

Vuc could hit on a team that misses on 1st 2nd options and decides to throw $ rather then spend on 2-3 guys for depth. Big Money to Vuc screams of desperate GM trying to save his job/show improvement/get into playoffs.

I have no issue with a team throwing huge money at Vuc, if it’s for one or two years. A huge 4 year offer is probably what you’re describing; a GM trying to save his job.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#115 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

I have no issue with a team throwing huge money at Vuc, if it’s for one or two years. A huge 4 year offer is probably what you’re describing; a GM trying to save his job.

I don't see Vuc taking a 1or2 year deal unless it's from a contender. This is the dudes 1st chance to get paid and with all these teams having $$ someone is bound to offer something like 4 year 90-100M.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:41 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

I don't see Vuc taking a 1or2 year deal unless it's from a contender. This is the dudes 1st chance to get paid and with all these teams having $$ someone is bound to offer something like 4 year 90-100M.

I agree in theory. I just think that a huge one or two year offer may be close to what he'd make over 3 or even 4 years. I think teams would be willing to pay him more for a shorter term, to a large extent. Say, he could make 2/40 instead of 3/45.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:44 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I agree in theory. I just think that a huge one or two year offer may be close to what he'd make over 3 or even 4 years. I think teams would be willing to pay him more for a shorter term, to a large extent. Say, he could make 2/40 instead of 3/45.

That's where it would depend on who that 2/40 is coming from. Would he feel like he would finish those 2 years at said team or be traded if that 1st year doesn't work out.

Would 2 year 40 from Orlando be as attractive as 3 year 45 from any other team. If Bamba makes strides you're back on the block? Really wonder if Vuc would try to finesse a no trade clause into a contract with Orlando
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:55 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

That's where it would depend on who that 2/40 is coming from. Would he feel like he would finish those 2 years at said team or be traded if that 1st year doesn't work out.

Would 2 year 40 from Orlando be as attractive as 3 year 45 from any other team. If Bamba makes strides you're back on the block? Really wonder if Vuc would try to finesse a no trade clause into a contract with Orlando

I think the 2/$40m would make more sense, as I imagine he'd bet pretty solidly on himself that he could make more than $5m in the first year of his next deal.

As for finessing a no-trade, I imagine Orlando would only offer that if they got a heckuva sweetheart deal themselves, and Vuc agreed to like a 4/32m or something.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#119 » by tiderulz » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:58 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

gotta beleive the ORlando one is. He could make only $10mil the next year and make more than that 3yr deal
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#120 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Trades and Transactions