ImageImageImage

Stillwater's monster draft thread (consolidated)

Moderator: ijspeelman

Since these threads have been combined who you got at 5

Culver
43%
Sekou
4%
Hunter
14%
Hayes
4%
Porter K
7%
Garland
7%
Bitdatze
4%
White
No votes
Bol
7%
other
11%

Total votes: 28

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Stillwater's monster draft thread (consolidated) 

Post#321 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:31 pm

Final big board 6-17-19
1 Zion WIlliamson
2 Ja Morant
3 RJ Barrett
4 Sekou Doumbouya
5 Darius Garland
6 Jarrett Culver
7 Coby White
8 DeAndre Hunter
9 Bol Bol
10 Jaxson Hayes
11 Kevin Porter Jr.
12 Nassir Little
13 Goga Bitadze
14 Romeo Langford
15 Brandon Clarke
16 Chuma Okeke
17 NAW
18 N Claxton
19 Rui Hachimura
20 Herro
21 Kabengele
22 Nowell
23 Washington
24 Samanic
25 Okpala
26 Fernando
27 Brazdeikis
28 Windler
29 Jerome
30 Edwards
31 G Williams
32 Weatherspoon
33 Cam Johnson
34 Bazley
35 Dort
36 Jeffries
37 Bone
38 Keldon Johnson
39 Gafford
40 Thybulle
41 Terrence Davis
42 Reddish
43 Schofield
44 Lecque
45 Roby
46 THT
47 Guy
48 Jontay
49 Zoosman
50 Oni
51 Hernandez
52 Wigington
53 McDaniels
54 Paschall
55 Franks
56 Poole
57 M Louzada Silva
58 Reid
59 Bowman
60 Fall
-----Bubble and 2-way contract probable's if undrafted:
Mokaka
Battle
VJ King
Justin Robinson
A Hinton
D Sirvydis
Z Norvell
Bryce Brown
Smailagic
Holman
Bey
Coffey
Dawkins
Wooten
Shittu
Mann
Hoard
Waters
Cheatham
Cook
Harper
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#322 » by Revenged25 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:56 pm

Wow, you are really low on Reddish... his potential alone shoudl have him higher than that.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#323 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:08 pm

Revenged25 wrote:Wow, you are really low on Reddish... his potential alone shoudl have him higher than that.

Yep and I know he is a lottery lock, but until it is proven that his struggles were 99% based on his core muscle issue( which could also reoccur and create future problems etc) Than I have a difficult time believing he will live up to his HS ranking and if overpicked could very possibly be a complete bust.
I do think he could become a solid pro, but right now it's just way to risky to put him ahead of many others.
Richfield
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#324 » by Richfield » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:52 am

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:Wow, you are really low on Reddish... his potential alone shoudl have him higher than that.

Yep and I know he is a lottery lock, but until it is proven that his struggles were 99% based on his core muscle issue( which could also reoccur and create future problems etc) Than I have a difficult time believing he will live up to his HS ranking and if overpicked could very possibly be a complete bust.
I do think he could become a solid pro, but right now it's just way to risky to put him ahead of many others.

Why the flip flop on Reddish?

Less than a month ago you were trying to convince us, or maybe yourself, that the core muscle thing actually boosted his value because something to the effect of imagine how good he really is when healthy.

You don't feel that way anymore?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#325 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:31 am

Richfield wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Why the flip flop on Reddish?

Less than a month ago you were trying to convince us, or maybe yourself, that the core muscle thing actually boosted his value because something to the effect of imagine how good he really is when healthy.

You don't feel that way anymore?

If that is all it was, then maybe he will turn it around and I do think there is a chance for that to happen, but the more I looked into it, I don't believe that could be enough of a reason until I see results and so I do not rank him that high now going into the draft even though somebody will probably gamble on it being the issue and may or may not get a steal and may or may not get a bust.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#326 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:11 pm

If Cavs do trade down for 10 and 17 + 2nds for 5th than they are high on someone who will be there.https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/605022/
I have no idea what they would do at 26 in this scenario but I'm guessing they would trade it for a couple high 2nds
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#327 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#328 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:02 am

seems like cavs will consider Culver the bpa at 5 regardless of who goes 4th but after that it could be Garland,could be White but im leaning towards neither being the player that wears a Cavs jersey even if thats the pick at 5.
i can see them having irrational love for reddish and possibly langford.
i hope they instead are high on k porter or sekou.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#329 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:34 am

Hunter is the guy I want. It's really, really hard to find even a good SF.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Richfield
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#330 » by Richfield » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:38 am

Not that it means anything, but FWIW the NBA TV mock draft aired tonight.

Former GM Billy King made the pick.

Cavs select PG Coby White UNC

He also chimed that White and Sexton can play together.

Katz then added that Beilein loves a scoring lead guard, and that he would love that selection.
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,622

Post#331 » by Threezus » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:52 am

Whats the value on JR smith is he an asset or a negative right now for the Cavs in a trade?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#332 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:30 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Hunter is the guy I want. It's really, really hard to find even a good SF.

i dont see him as a starting 3 . he can play it, but i think he will struggle without an elite floor general whereas at the 4 could potentially be very good as is.
unless altman believes Hunter has much more to his game (doubtful) than he has shown ,i think hes a hawk.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#333 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:33 pm

Richfield wrote:Not that it means anything, but FWIW the NBA TV mock draft aired tonight.

Former GM Billy King made the pick.

Cavs select PG Coby White UNC

He also chimed that White and Sexton can play together.

Katz then added that Beilein loves a scoring lead guard, and that he would love that selection.

yeah means nothing really...
who do you want at 5?
i think whoever they get is going to suck for awhile and the draft was over when they lost out on the top 3.
pretty easy to get bitter about it all
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#334 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Hunter is the guy I want. It's really, really hard to find even a good SF.

i dont see him as a starting 3 . he can play it, but i think he will struggle without an elite floor general whereas at the 4 could potentially be very good as is.
unless altman believes Hunter has much more to his game (doubtful) than he has shown ,i think hes a hawk.
I don't agree with that at all. Especially the part about needing a floor general to play the three. If it's true at 3, it will be even more true at the 4.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#335 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:31 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

I don't agree with that at all. Especially the part about needing a floor general to play the three. If it's true at 3, it will be even more true at the 4.

maybe we will find out but I can't get past the fact he is such a bad ball handler with basically zero shake
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#336 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:26 pm

So with Michigan being heavy into sports psychology for nearly a decade I was reading some and I bet it will play even more of a factor than in the past for the Cavs with Beilein on board. Could weigh heavy into their selection.
There are some companies since last years draft that provide AIQ (Athletic Intelligence Quotient) testing which apparently does not have written questions to answer like a traditional IQ test, but offers a more dynamic assessment — using 10 sub-tests that involve visual spatial processing, reaction time, decision-making and learning efficiency.
I think there is a very strong chance the Cavs are one of the orgs that would use something like this in their pre draft assessments
and here is a link if you want to know more:https://www.premiersportpsychology.com/assessments/athletic-intelligence-quotient/
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#337 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:43 pm

This one has no trades besides the one's already reported.
Assume trades will happen during the draft, probably more than usual.
Cavs ruin my summer taking Cam who better prove me wrong, then make me somewhat happy taking a reliable high IQ role player in Williams at 26https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/606948/.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#338 » by Stillwater » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 pm

imo there are 4 prospects nobody expects at 5 that the Cavs and Beilein could love at 7 or later and if cannot trade down for more assets might just take one at 5. Those prospects are not Reddish or Garland or Hunter or Culver. If you guessed Coby White,Sekou , Okeke or Grant Williams you win
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#339 » by Stillwater » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:15 pm

Not sold it's true but I am getting vibes from the street that Love to the Pels for the 4th is possible.
Would be very interesting if they could pull that off esp if Barrett doesn't go 3rd . Cavs could walk away with Barrett and Hunter at 4 and 5.
Could also flip 5 for 8/10 take Sekou and Hayes etc
Odds are really slim Barrett falls though so do they move Love for a chance at Garland? I doubt it unless they do flip the pick for more draft assets later or future where Pels get their stretch 4 which is the price they are asking for the 4th which seems ironic
No sooner do I post this I see this notification:
http://amicohoops.net/pelicans-seeking-veteran-stretch-four-for-fourth-overall-pick/
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#340 » by Stillwater » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:45 pm

This mock Cavs walk away with 4th from the Pels for Love taking back Hill and fillers then swap 26 for 16 eating a yr of Mozgov for Smiths deal + a future 2nd from ORL.
Hunter
White
Grant Williams
is a rock solid high floor draft and White has quite a bit of upside as a versatile combo guard paired with Sexton.
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/609858/

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers