ImageImageImageImage

D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Re: D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related 

Post#241 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Skin wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Skin wrote:I don't know their cap situations but that doesn't sound right.

Boston would need to have AL Horford to opt out to have any cap space.

Think DLo has 3-4 teams who could make it happen : Utah, Indy Orlando Suns Brooklyn and I have them in that order of likeliest to least.

Utah has 14M in Cap Space after renouncing Rubio, Thabo, Ekpe and 2 other bums. They could create more by waiving Favors 16.9M 0$0 non guaranteed and Korver's $7.4 only $3.4M guarenteed deal. Would get them to 34M of open space.

Indy - Has some solid cap hits 20M Thad young, 15M Cory Joseph, 14.8M Tyreke Evans, Bogdanovic 13.6M and Darren Collison 13M. Pick 2 or 3 and renounce and you've got the 28-30M room for DLo.

Orlando- Would have to renounce Vuc + TRoss + Martin + Grant to get to 17M, then could waive and stretch Moz to get to 27M.

Suns - Would need Tyler Johnson to decline 19.2 M player option, renounce Oubre, Bender, Daniels, Holmes and Crawford.

Brooklyn- Grab Kyrie and re sign DLo... seems extremely unlikely.

That's an awesome summary!

But by doing a S&T w/BRK, couldn't BOS go over their cap to sign him using his Bird Rights? Both Kyrie and DLo would get the most they could get in that scenario.

$27M doesn't sound like enough for us to compete for him. As much as people say players look for playing time, winning, fit... they still choose money over all when coming out of their rookie deals.

I hope Utah ends up with Conley... they have been linked. DLo w/Dipo could either be like Lillard/McCollum or be a total misfit. Suns are probably drafting a PG, plus they will be using a big chunk of change on Oubre. Don't count out Brooklyn.

If CHI drafts Garland or White, I would check on the availability of Kris Dunn.

DLo would have to agree to a S&T and if anything why would Brooklyn do this knowing they can sign Kyrie outright and possibly keep Dlo? Like you said Brooklyn somewhat holds the cards here until Dlo signs an offer sheet.

I agree that 27M isn't enough this year but it could start at 27 and work it's way up? DLo is only 23 so it's not like the higher money later on would hurt in terms of age.

I could see Utah ending up with Conley on draft night, Indy is the interesting fit here and maybe Clippers that's a HUGE maybe? . When does Dipo plan to be back? Dlo could run the show for a year if Dipo still needs time. A Dipo Dlo backcourt would be solid and fun to watch for sure.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,532

Post#242 » by 3ddman23 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:56 pm

I see no serious way we can get dlo. Sure if we have a fire sale or let players walk then maybe. But then we have a gutted team and that point what would be the point of him even coming. I would love him on this team but I dont think its realistic what so ever.
GO MAGIC
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#243 » by spinedoc » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:02 pm

12 pages on this pipe dream? He's not choosing us, same goes for Kyrie and Kemba. Rozier is doable, but we'll probably have to overpay as well. Nope, second tier guys, or third, before they are great or draft before they're even good. We have to scout and develop as the league's perpetual bridesmaid. I'm very jaded as a destination for top talent anymore. The Tmac/Hill days are long gone.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#244 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:03 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I hope DLo stays here, I think the only way he's gone is if Nets get 2 max guys or if they S&T him. If we don't get the 2nd star player than I can't see the Nets not matching any offer for him. What would you guys trade if Nets agreed to a S&T?
Vucevic

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Nah Nets don't value high volume shooting and scoring centers. I'm really intrigued with Bamba and Isaac but doubt you guys give up on them this early.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#245 » by NotACat » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I hope DLo stays here, I think the only way he's gone is if Nets get 2 max guys or if they S&T him. If we don't get the 2nd star player than I can't see the Nets not matching any offer for him. What would you guys trade if Nets agreed to a S&T?
Vucevic

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Nah Nets don't value high volume shooting and scoring centers. I'm really intrigued with Bamba and Isaac but doubt you guys give up on them this early.

Yea, there's no chance we give up Bamba or Isaac. And Vuc is really efficient for his volume, I think he could be even better along Kyrie in an Al Horford type role.
Black Lives Matter
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#246 » by Nyce_1 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,650

Post#247 » by j-ragg » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:37 pm

Skin wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
Skin wrote:That's sounds like very slim odds.

I think PHX would be content at PG if they drafted one and DLo would be looking elsewhere...

Honestly, I think Boston might end up replacing Kyrie with DLo in some form of S&T between them.

I think it would hard cap both teams, don’t see any way it happens. I think Boston runs it back with Rozier (maybe on the qo?) and hopes to recreate that playoff run they had over a full season when the young guys were going off.

I don't know their cap situations but that doesn't sound right.

Lol I just know when you receive a player in a s&t you’re hard capped so you can’t go above the apron to spend money. Which is at I think 129 million. So no exceptions or creative ways to add pieces. I just feel like I remember reading teams avoid it if they can.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#248 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:47 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Soo teams better have Cap Space and have DLo sign that offer sheet Day 1
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,273

Post#249 » by Bensational » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:22 am

If you're D'Lo, would you want to play with Kyrie? Given the way he handled everything in Boston, I'm not sure I would want him to be the leader of a team I just carried to the playoffs, with a lot less help than Kyrie had. And Kyrie always had issues with the young bucks, too, which makes me wonder if D'Lo would be regarded similarly.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#250 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:45 am

He's not worth the price tag or the hassle of having to renounce all of our guys. It'd be a mistake to stretch Mozgov for that as well.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#251 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:11 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:He's not worth the price tag or the hassle of having to renounce all of our guys. It'd be a mistake to stretch Mozgov for that as well.
I understand the argument that he's not worth having to renounce our key FAs, but stretching Moz is a no brainer if it'll afford us a upgrade in the backcourt.

I would pay him AGs same salary. Maybe a little more. Wish we had clean cap space to make the move and run it back with the same squad.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#252 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:19 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:He's not worth the price tag or the hassle of having to renounce all of our guys. It'd be a mistake to stretch Mozgov for that as well.
I understand the argument that he's not worth having to renounce our key FAs, but stretching Moz is a no brainer if it'll afford us a upgrade in the backcourt.

I would pay him AGs same salary. Maybe a little more. Wish we had clean cap space to make the move and run it back with the same squad.

It's not no brainer. Over 4 years you will have to pay Mozgov if you streach him now ($16M split in 4-4-4-4 ).
As exp. deal he is more valuable in potential trade as salary dump than as streached , just to chase clouds.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#253 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:17 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:

It's not no brainer. Over 4 years you will have to pay Mozgov if you streach him now ($16M split in 4-4-4-4 ).
As exp. deal he is more valuable in potential trade as salary dump than as streached , just to chase clouds.

It's actually 3 years.

When a talented guard like that is available as an UFA, it is a no brainer. Doesnt happen often so if he shows interest, you jump at the chance and easily stretch Mozgov to make it happen.

If you're so worried about trading Mozgov, think of it as trading him for cap space to sign a young, up and coming guard.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#254 » by MoMM » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:27 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:

You cant trade a stretched contract.

As for doing it to sign DLo, I'd do it if we can re-sign Vuc, TRoss and sign DLo, if it's just about signing him, but having to renounce the other ones, I wouldn't do it.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 572

Post#255 » by MasterGMer » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Can we sign DLo and resign Vuc and Ross the same time technically?

I think trading for Jure Holiday might be an easier route
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#256 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:53 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:I understand the argument that he's not worth having to renounce our key FAs, but stretching Moz is a no brainer if it'll afford us a upgrade in the backcourt.

It's actually 3 years.

When a talented guard like that is available as an UFA, it is a no brainer. Doesnt happen often so if he shows interest, you jump at the chance and easily stretch Mozgov to make it happen.

If you're so worried about trading Mozgov, think of it as trading him for cap space to sign a young, up and coming guard.

Moz's value as an expiring is null if he continues to sit in a suit on the bench...
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#257 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:55 pm

MasterGMer wrote:Can we sign DLo and resign Vuc and Ross the same time technically?

I think trading for Jure Holiday might be an easier route
maybe. We have 4 non-core big contracts to play with. Fournier, Mozgov, cap holds of Ross & Vuc. We'd have to shed 3 of the 4 to get DLo (not counting shedding AG, DJ). So, if we dump EF, stretch TM, and renounce...Ross, then yes, we can re-sign Vuc and sign DLo. If we renounce Ross & Vuc, stretch Mozgov, then we can only sign DLo; not being able to re-sign Ross or Vuc (doubt they accept minimum deal).

Seeing how much we'd have to give up, highly highly unlikely we go after DLo. Now, if Kings offer Vuc max, and Ross has eyes for LA, then decision is made for us. Talk to DLo, if he's interested, stretch Mozgov and sign him. We take a step back with the losses but we get a really good guard to grow with our core.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#258 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:57 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

It's actually 3 years.

Moz's value as an expiring is null if he continues to sit in a suit on the bench...

Not really, some teams might value fact that trade for him will mean $17M in cap space freed next summer :dontknow:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#259 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
It's actually 3 years.

Not really, some teams might value fact that trade for him will mean $17M in cap space freed next summer :dontknow:

with a poor FA class we'll be lucky to get a 2nd rounder and x overpaid but at least plays player. I wouldn't be shocked if he just finishes the year out in orlando

Moz & Biyombo were likely the 2 worst C contracts and we've been so lucky to have both of them on our team :lol: :lol:
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#260 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Vuc has been a good Magician, but he turns 29 soon and has earned us just 5 playoff games and only 1 win in his career here. We know what he is.

Anyone who looks at our current young core and where this franchise stands yet chooses to oppose the idea of renouncing Vuc and signing Russell should be kicked in the face and dragged through the streets of O-town.

Return to Orlando Magic