Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,806

Re: Random Rumor and General Offseason Discussion Thread 

Post#121 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Could NO be in the mix for Vucevic? Whats their cap space look like? I feel like he could be a nice compliment to Zion for a few years.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#122 » by stitches » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:33 pm

No idea how reliable this guy is but:

Read on Twitter
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#123 » by BullyKing » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:38 pm

stitches wrote:No idea how reliable this guy is but:

Read on Twitter

Well that would be an awful trade for Cleveland.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Post#124 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:00 pm

BullyKing wrote:

Read on Twitter

Hard to say. If they see the same tier of guys from 5-10, then trading down to get 17 is a nice concession. I would imagine they'd also try and dump a Brandon Knight or Dellavedova in the swap so that they could clear some space to use the JR contract to it's full potential in a trade, too. Maybe 5/Delly/Henson for 10/17/Len? Clears about $15m in luxury tax breathing room immediately and still gets a playable 3rd center in Len.

I don't see how a Love deal works, though.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#125 » by kg01 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter

IIUC, this guy is incredible .. as in, not credible at all. :)
king01 :king:
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#126 » by NotACat » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:03 pm

Read on Twitter

I wouldn't trust anything from someone who isn't verified or isn't a local beat writer
Black Lives Matter
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#127 » by BullyKing » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:03 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Read on Twitter

Hard to say. If they see the same tier of guys from 5-10, then trading down to get 17 is a nice concession. I would imagine they'd also try and dump a Brandon Knight or Dellavedova in the swap so that they could clear some space to use the JR contract to it's full potential in a trade, too. Maybe 5/Delly/Henson for 10/17/Len? Clears about $15m in luxury tax breathing room immediately and still gets a playable 3rd center in Len.

If the Cavs scouting department literally has no preference between the guys from 5 through 10 then they need an entirely new scouting department.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
stitches
RealGM

Post#128 » by stitches » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:11 pm

Read on Twitter
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#129 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:13 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

If the Cavs scouting department literally has no preference between the guys from 5 through 10 then they need an entirely new scouting department.

Disagree completely. If you view the caliber of player as pretty flat from 5-10, then this makes complete sense. They're still not really at a level of talent to have any "must draft" or "must not draft" positions. If they could see Coby White, DeAndre Hunter, Jarret Culver, Garland, Reddish, Sekou, Hayes, Goga, and Clarke all being huge additions on the same relative tier to their roster, then trading down and picking up 17 is a no brainer. And, with this draft class, I could see a lot of teams viewing that group of players as relatively flat. Hell, the mock drafts around the interwebs have them all jumbled up, too.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#130 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:18 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

Nos. 10 & 17 for 5 is an old offer that was rebuffed by the Cavs last week. I've never heard of this guy but the idea that the Cavs would just throw in Kevin Love is contrary to everything the Cavs have publicly stated. Perhaps some of that is posturing but I don't know how you go from listing all the reasons you want Kevin Love on the floor with young players to just giving him away.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#131 » by BullyKing » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Disagree completely. If you view the caliber of player as pretty flat from 5-10, then this makes complete sense. They're still not really at a level of talent to have any "must draft" or "must not draft" positions. If they could see Coby White, DeAndre Hunter, Jarret Culver, Garland, Reddish, Sekou, Hayes, Goga, and Clarke all being huge additions on the same relative tier to their roster, then trading down and picking up 17 is a no brainer. And, with this draft class, I could see a lot of teams viewing that group of players as relatively flat. Hell, the mock drafts around the interwebs have them all jumbled up, too.

If you are really unable to find any separation between ANY of six different prospects at the top of the draft then you're not scouting closely enough or you don't care enough to voice any actual opinion. There is no conceivable way that all six of these guys grade out completely equally as players and as fits.
NYSixersFan wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#132 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:30 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:39 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

If you are really unable to find any separation between ANY of six different prospects at the top of the draft then you're not scouting closely enough or you don't care enough to voice any actual opinion. There is no conceivable way that all six of these guys grade out completely equally as players and as fits.

I mean, you can always arbitrarily rank guys, but if they grade out pretty darned close, like the difference between the ten spots is just so minute, then they’re essentially the same tier. Pluses and minuses on them all, but when it comes down to it, it’s pretty close to flat. And it would only make sense to trade back, get value, and still get one of the guys you like really, really well, and have two players on 4 year contracts for equal to the cost of the one.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#134 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:40 pm

BullyKing wrote:If you are really unable to find any separation between ANY of six different prospects at the top of the draft then you're not scouting closely enough or you don't care enough to voice any actual opinion. There is no conceivable way that all six of these guys grade out completely equally as players and as fits.

I'm with you on this. There comes a point where value matters, but giving up pick 10 in this draft to keep 4 or 5 guys from coming off the board in front of you doesn't feel like too high a price. Especially not in light of how many picks the Hawks would still have to take fliers on guys.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#135 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:40 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not at all mean spirited, and I’m probably with you 100%, but this has gotta be a ton of fun for you. It would be for me, watching all this and just sipping my cup of tea off to the side. :wink:
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#136 » by BullyKing » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I mean, you can always arbitrarily rank guys, but if they grade out pretty darned close, like the difference between the ten spots is just so minute, then they’re essentially the same tier. Pluses and minuses on them all, but when it comes down to it, it’s pretty close to flat. And it would only make sense to trade back, get value, and still get one of the guys you like really, really well, and have two players on 4 year contracts for equal to the cost of the one.

Sure, theoretically all players could be so close to each other that it doesn't make a difference. But I don't think that is actually true in reality. But I also don't believe this report as a more credible reporter said that the Pelicans were considering the Hawks offer of 8 + 10 for 4, which indicates the Hawks made that offer. I can't imagine 8 + 10 might not be enough for 4 (given that the Pels haven't accepted) but 10 + 17 is enough for 5.
NYSixersFan wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not at all mean spirited, and I’m probably with you 100%, but this has gotta be a ton of fun for you. It would be for me, watching all this and just sipping my cup of tea off to the side. :wink:

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#138 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:05 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Lakers fans enjoying this too.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,346

Post#139 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:Lakers fans enjoying this too.

Lakers fans just added AD to Lebron. They should be enjoying everything right now. Incredible not just how many stars the Lakers have had, but how many times they've been able to stack 2 or more together.

I think about Dallas and we had Dirk. Then the next best Maverick as a Maverick was probably Mark Aguirre? When I compare that to the Lakers riches its just incredible the disparity in top end talent. The Mavericks in their entire history have one player whose Dallas tenure makes them a HoFer.

We need you Luka. :D
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
stitches
RealGM

Post#140 » by stitches » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:23 pm

Again - no idea how reliable this guy is:

Read on Twitter

Return to Trades and Transactions