ImageImageImageImage

OT- Official Gaming Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Re: OT- Official Gaming Thread 

Post#421 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:17 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:That Nintendo Direct was amazing. So much good **** coming out on the Switch.

I know we probably won’t get it for atleast another 1.5-2 years but that botw sequel teaser was the highlight of the weekend for me. Nintendo is straight up listening to their fans in every way this generation and it’s been amazing.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,609

Post#422 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:20 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:That Nintendo Direct was amazing. So much good **** coming out on the Switch.

I know we probably won’t get it for atleast another 1.5-2 years but that botw sequel teaser was the highlight of the weekend for me. Nintendo is straight up listening to their fans in every way this generation and it’s been amazing.

Same for me as well. I was losing my mind when that teaser came up from outta nowhere. I am also a huge Mana fan and for them to not only release a full collection of them on the Switch which includes the cult classic Seiken Densetsu 3 finally coming to the US but for them to actually remake said game from the ground up (now named Trials of Mana) has me speechless.

That's not even including the announcement of Hero from the Dragon Quest games and the highly requested Banjo-Kazooie making it into Smash as playable characters. Very excited about what Nintendo has cooking up heading into next year.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#423 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:24 pm

I'm just glad we finally have a release date for the FFVII remake (even though it seems they're blowing it out to be a series with the first game being only the Midgar stuff).
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#424 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:I'm just glad we finally have a release date for the FFVII remake (even though it seems they're blowing it out to be a series with the first game being only the Midgar stuff).

The game play looked great to me and the graphics speak for themselves but yeah this game is definitely going to acquire to either be broken into multiple discs (I think the Midgar stuff alone is supposed to be on two discs as they really want to expand that part of the story more) or be released as future episodic DLC like they tried to do with Final Fantasy XV which ended up really hurting that game unfortunately and ultimately caused Square to cancel the DLC project altogether.

I'm nervous on what the end result will be with this game lol.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#425 » by UCFJayBird » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Has anyone checked on Trover Saves the Universe? I'm a huge Rick & Morty fan so I had to buy it (pretty cheap PS4 game). The game is absurdly hilarious, to the point that it's obnoxiously overkill at times. Pretty much the entire game is Justin Roiland doing his classic rambling style where he's just talking nonsense. In the video below Justin just kind of shows off a small aspect of the game where you can literally just sit back and listen to the NPC's talk crap forever, lol.

Mule Tears
Starter
And1: 216

Post#426 » by Mule Tears » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:01 pm

Just joined the party.

Any Rocket League players?
The Future Has Arrived: Paolo Banchero is coming to Orlando!
bargnanimvp
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,362

Post#427 » by bargnanimvp » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:37 pm

all i play now is football manager 19, i have 409 hours played in a couple of months now. My life is football manager. At this point I'm more qualified than fat frank to take over the chelsea job.....
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#428 » by FFBlitzace » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:04 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Had to bump this thread back up and catch up with everyone on the gaming front. The holidays were busy so I did not have the time to post in this thread as I would have liked.

Firing off quick things in my mind:

* Kingdom Hearts 3 has been amazing so far. If anyone else has been playing it or has beaten it, please do not spoil the story for anyone who has not played it yet.

* Smash Bros. Ultimate is so addictive! I try to practice as much as I can to get my skills respectable. Friend code is 3148-9953-7982 for anyone that wants to add me.

* Apex Legends has been a welcomed surprise by Respawn. Battle Royal shooter with excellent controls.

* Resident Evil 2 is amazing as well. Such a beautiful remake of a great game.

I love the Kingdom Hearts gameplay, but I absolutely loathe how far up its own ass the story is. I haven't bought the game yet, but there's a very real chance I just skip all the scenes when I do play it. I really couldn't care less what happens in the story. That being said, I expect to like the game.

Despite being my namesake, I'm just now playing Final Fantasy XV. I was very skeptical of it all along, and I waited until I could get the Royal Edition for 19.99. I like the game but I definitely don't love it.

Since this post, I've played quite a few things.

I finished FFXV and got the platinum trophy. Wasn't very difficult, just time consuming. I had all the DLCs from the Royal Edition (except Episode Ardyn, which released later) and played those, but didn't get all the trophies. They don't count towards platinum, I was kinda done with the game by this point, and some of them would have been annoying anyway. I played Comrades for awhile and was able to solo most of the content, but eventually you hit a wall and you can't really progress anymore without friends to play with or massive grinding. Screw it.

Played Rise of the Tomb Raider. I liked it, didn't love it. Will get Shadow of the Tomb Raider soon, as it will be 19.99 in no time. Didn't platinum this game since it would take too much work for a game I wasn't nearly passionate enough about. The ps4 version includes the DLCs, but they were kind of whatever. Croft Manor was ok, but I quit Lara's Nightmare after my first death. Thought it was pretty stupid and didn't feel like trying again.

Played Shenmue II. Or rather, I finally picked it back up and finished it. I started it after playing the first one right when the collection released, but then put it down. Missed 3 or 4 trophies, but honestly I didn't really like the game very much, so I didn't do a 2nd playthrough to get them. Maybe it's just nostalgia that makes me like the 1st one more, but there were a lot of things about the 2nd that really annoyed me. It adds some significant quality of life improvements, like auto waiting for scheduled events. But the QTEs (the more complicated ones introduced in this game) are pure garbage, and even though grinding money at a specific point in the game that requires it isn't actually that hard with save scumming the gambling games, it's still tedious and not fun whatsoever.

Played South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Stick of Truth was great, and I think this one was better. Got screwed out of the platinum by a glitched trophy. I did everything it required, but apparently sometimes it just doesn't pop. And the nature of the trophy is that it would require playing all the way through again from scratch, and I don't want to. Hey, i know in my head that I got it.

Played .Hack//G.U. Last Recode. Never played those on ps2, so I wanted to check this out. It was alright. Almost got the platinum, just missing a few grindable trophies, but I didn't feel like it. I was burnt out by that point and didn't want to spend the additional 5-ish hours I estimate it would take.

Played the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Never played Spyro as a kid, but I always wanted to. Got the platinum for all 3 games, which was pretty simple to do.

And finally, Kingdom Hearts 3. 29.99 was good enough for me, so I got it and played it. 85% trophy completion. I'd like to platinum it, I really would, but I just don't feel like it. I think the Flantastic 7 minigames are terrible, and I'd need to go back and redo all 7 of them to get the Excellent rating. I'd also need to get all the treasures in the Frozen Slider minigame, which probably wouldn't be hard after consulting a guide, but I just hate that minigame. Nobody can make me play it again.

I'm looking at Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Nier Automata Game of the Yorha Edition, and Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition as games to play next, depending on when they hit my price point for them.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#429 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:02 pm

I've recently gone back to beat Far Cry Primal which was a fun and easy platinum.

Also pre-ordered and destroyed/platinumed Days Gone. That was a fantastic game that legitimately got scary at times when dealing with hordes. It's currently my Game of the Year on a pretty weak year in gaming. Still have DMC5 in the backlog I need to get to. But I still haven't beaten DMC3/4 yet.

Also got back into The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, pre-ordered that game years ago and never really got around to playing it. Now that I have a switch and bought Breath of the Wild, I've decided to go back and beat that before starting BotW. It's a great game but I can't stand the motion controls which is why I didn't finish it in the first place.

For the PS4, I'm getting back into Fallout 4 which I never finished. Can't wait to get back into that world.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#430 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:52 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:I've recently gone back to beat Far Cry Primal which was a fun and easy platinum.

Also pre-ordered and destroyed/platinumed Days Gone. That was a fantastic game that legitimately got scary at times when dealing with hordes. It's currently my Game of the Year on a pretty weak year in gaming. Still have DMC5 in the backlog I need to get to. But I still haven't beaten DMC3/4 yet.

Also got back into The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, pre-ordered that game years ago and never really got around to playing it. Now that I have a switch and bought Breath of the Wild, I've decided to go back and beat that before starting BotW. It's a great game but I can't stand the motion controls which is why I didn't finish it in the first place.

For the PS4, I'm getting back into Fallout 4 which I never finished. Can't wait to get back into that world.

Days Gone is actually good? It got negative reviews even though the premise of the game looked really fun to me. May have to buy this down the line.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#431 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:I've recently gone back to beat Far Cry Primal which was a fun and easy platinum.

Days Gone is actually good? It got negative reviews even though the premise of the game looked really fun to me. May have to buy this down the line.

It's the best game I played so far this year. Again, it's been a really weak year for gaming with the new consoles coming out, but I personally loved it. The story was mediocre and the acting was a bit weird at times, but it was a very enjoyable game, imo. It clearly tried to be a Red Dead kinda game, but with zombies. Red Dead was an obvious masterpiece while this one isn't, but it's a fun 70 hour game.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,940

Post#432 » by Ducklett » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:20 pm

So, where do my good Magic forums friends stand on the Pokémon Sword and Shield cutting Pokemon and lots of stuff to get it out the door on time?
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#433 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:35 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:

It's the best game I played so far this year. Again, it's been a really weak year for gaming with the new consoles coming out, but I personally loved it. The story was mediocre and the acting was a bit weird at times, but it was a very enjoyable game, imo. It clearly tried to be a Red Dead kinda game, but with zombies. Red Dead was an obvious masterpiece while this one isn't, but it's a fun 70 hour game.

Yeah all of the premier stuff is dropping next year. As for Days Gone, gonna wait until the holidays to scoop that up as I have too many games backlogged that I need to play. As far as best game this year, definitely would suggest you to play Resident Evil 2 and/or DMC5 which you did say you have already. Both games are must play to me.
The Real Dalic
RealGM

Post#434 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:41 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:

Yeah all of the premier stuff is dropping next year. As for Days Gone, gonna wait until the holidays to scoop that up as I have too many games backlogged that I need to play. As far as best game this year, definitely would suggest you to play Resident Evil 2 and/or DMC5 which you did say you have already. Both games are must play to me.

Love the Resident Evil franchise and definitely will pick that up soon. Looks amazing.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#435 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:40 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:It's the best game I played so far this year. Again, it's been a really weak year for gaming with the new consoles coming out, but I personally loved it. The story was mediocre and the acting was a bit weird at times, but it was a very enjoyable game, imo. It clearly tried to be a Red Dead kinda game, but with zombies. Red Dead was an obvious masterpiece while this one isn't, but it's a fun 70 hour game.

Love the Resident Evil franchise and definitely will pick that up soon. Looks amazing.

Looks amazing and plays amazing. Resident Evil 2 for me is the best game I have played this year when it comes to a AAA title. Capcom did such an amazing job with this game and I love their new engine that they have been using since RE7 which is another great game in the franchise. You will love RE2. It is an example how a classic game should be remade.
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#436 » by paperboymafia » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:45 pm

bargnanimvp wrote:all i play now is football manager 19, i have 409 hours played in a couple of months now. My life is football manager. At this point I'm more qualified than fat frank to take over the chelsea job.....

FM is a TRAP. I'm at 450 for this years edition. Damn it, it's so good though.
Mule Tears
Starter
And1: 216

Post#437 » by Mule Tears » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:34 pm

Kingdom Hearts 3. That's it.
The Future Has Arrived: Paolo Banchero is coming to Orlando!
AddiFB
Veteran
And1: 2,459

Post#438 » by AddiFB » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Super Mario Maker 2 is out tomorrow. Have you seen the insane levels people were making and others actually (rarely) finished? :lol:
- Orlando Magic fan since 1991 -
Flannerz
Pro Prospect
And1: 499

Post#439 » by Flannerz » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:40 pm

paperboymafia wrote:
bargnanimvp wrote:all i play now is football manager 19, i have 409 hours played in a couple of months now. My life is football manager. At this point I'm more qualified than fat frank to take over the chelsea job.....

FM is a TRAP. I'm at 450 for this years edition. Damn it, it's so good though.

I haven't played it for a few years. I still play CM01/02 though!
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#440 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:42 pm

BUmp as this been burried deep at 17th page :D

So what you guys play nowadays?

Return to Orlando Magic