ImageImage

Media Thread - Nehm with new podcast - page 11

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Re: Media Thread 

Post#81 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:14 am

Serious question: Who is the most prominent media member or social media influencer who isn't 100% all in on Khris Middleton? Does such a person exist?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#82 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:02 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:Serious question: Who is the most prominent media member or social media influencer who isn't 100% all in on Khris Middleton? Does such a person exist?

Bill Simmons and Russillo talked about this last week. Said Middleton would never be worth the contract he’s getting. Debated whether Bucks were locking in a team that couldn’t win a title, ala what Cleveland did, in an attempt to keep LeBron.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#83 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:20 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:Serious question: Who is the most prominent media member or social media influencer who isn't 100% all in on Khris Middleton? Does such a person exist?

Bill Simmons and Russillo talked about this last week. Said Middleton would never be worth the contract he’s getting. Debated whether Bucks were locking in a team that couldn’t win a title, ala what Cleveland did, in an attempt to keep LeBron.
That's a national guy though. I haven't had the heart to listen to any of my good friends' podcasts since the playoffs ended, but when I occasionally check in on Twitter, the PR campaign is in full swing. What are the chances that 10/10 of them are thrilled to max Khris?

No disrespect to you, but are you the biggest name on Twitter who is a moderate skeptic? And if so, is that statistically possible? I can find more Wisconsin Aaron Rodgers skeptics than Khris Middleton doubters, and KHRIS MIDDLETON SUCKS.

Draymond is somewhere between, what?... the 5th and 20th best defensive player of all time? I guarantee 1 out of 4 of a similar sample of Warriors beat writers and podcasters are ready to move on. The fix is in.

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#84 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:33 am

The Bucks PR team is elite. Kremlin elite. Once you’re under their satellite there’s no going back.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,721

Post#85 » by emunney » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:36 am

I still don't think Khris is staying.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#86 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 2:10 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:No disrespect to you, but are you the biggest name on Twitter who is a moderate skeptic? And if so, is that statistically possible?

Was funny last week because all I asked Bucks twitter to do was get creative and come up with other options. I didn’t even say “don’t re-sign him”. I just thought it would be great to get creative like Cronus did today talking about creating cap space to absorb Gallo for an asset if the Clips want more cap space. See what we can come up with.

One of the challenges we’ve always had in this market is there is no strong journalistic presence that goes hard at questioning these things. Ironically I’d have to feel that Marc Lasry is sitting in his jet the past two weeks wondering about whether it makes sense to max out Middleton. Despite his bad front office instincts in the past years, now is actually the time when you need a guy like him to count cards and consider an unorthodox move.

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,943

Post#87 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:39 am

Marv Albert has always been very good, and still has flashes but nowadays he's basically a drinking game with his obvious mistake calls. "Bledsoe...for three" - long 2, 4 feet inside the arch.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#88 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:50 pm

We’re going to have at least six Bucks-bombs this offseason (Middleton, Brogdon, Lopez, Hill, Mirotic, Snell/Ersan trade), potentially the hiring of a new assistant(s) and an announcement of a new G-League coach. What are the chances a local guy breaks one of them?
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#89 » by MrHoneycutt » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:We’re going to have at least six Bucks-bombs this offseason (Middleton, Brogdon, Lopez, Hill, Mirotic, Snell/Ersan trade), potentially the hiring of a new assistant(s) and an announcement of a new G-League coach. What are the chances a local guy breaks one of them?

One, possibly two: G-League coach for sure, and possibly who they hire for assistant.

It's always been so depressing to read newspapers in other NBA cities and take in just how freely their media critiques the team in their reporting on ownership, team direction, et. al. Herb might be gone (and I thank him for helping to keep the team here), but it seems the pact to keep any negativity out of the local media is still going strong.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,338

Post#90 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:29 pm

It's tough when agents prefer to leak things to national guys. But the local guys need to step up. Valesquez retweeted Stein about the Bucks trying to dump Snell/Ersan but that's been it. It was a local Dallas guy who reported the Mavs think Middleton is staying put and are moving on from him.

I get not wanting to report every rumor, God knows there are tons of them. But how about some in depth cap analysis and the pros and cons of keeping each of our free agents. That work has been done here on this board and it's a great resource. Cap holds, etc...
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,669

Post#91 » by chonestown » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:30 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:We’re going to have at least six Bucks-bombs this offseason (Middleton, Brogdon, Lopez, Hill, Mirotic, Snell/Ersan trade), potentially the hiring of a new assistant(s) and an announcement of a new G-League coach. What are the chances a local guy breaks one of them?

High, but I consider Woeful local. Gery is a bitter, weird dude without a country, but he doesn't rely on press releases to find news.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#92 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:41 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:It’s just hard for me to believe that no one in Milwaukee knew this. Is there an edict that they’re not allowed to break news? No one in that dynamic benefits from having some random Dallas dude break Bucks news.

The only guys that are breaking deals are ones that have direct lines to agents.

Don't think Bucks beat guys have reached that level yet of NBA connections.

I really like all three of those guys. First rate people. But they spend too much time tweeting with each other about what sort of food they are eating at the moment. World Wide Windhorst finds time to eat and spend all day talking with league people and agents as well. 8-)

Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#93 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Exactly. There’s plenty of opportunity for anyone in that industry to get to know agents. When was like 19 I picked up the phone and called Andrew Bogut’s agent (David Bauman) just because I was curious how Bogut felt playing against his ancestral Croatia in the Olympics. We ended up having a decent conversation. Not knowing agents is one thing, but sitting on info they have because it’s in the Bucks best interest is what sucks. Like, The MJS would rather issue a press release from the Bucks than break anything the organization doesn’t want out. It takes a bit of courage to break something.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#94 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:44 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Exactly. There’s plenty of opportunity for anyone in industry that to get to know agents. When was like 19 I picked up the phone and called Andrew Bogut’s agent (David Bauman) just because I was curious how Bogut felt playing against his ancestral Croatia in the Olympics. We ended up having a decent conversation. Not knowing agents is one thing, but sitting on info they have because it’s in the Bucks best interest is what sucks. Like, The MJS would rather issue a press release from the Bucks than break anything the organization doesn’t want out. It takes a bit of courage to break something.

I don't disagree.

I did the same thing with Toni Kukoc's agent back in the day to find out if he was coming back to the Bucks.

Just think about how the Bucks PR have handled local media in the past. It hasn't changed much.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,338

Post#95 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:17 pm

It's a two way street. Agents use media connections to "leak" things that help their clients. In return the agents occasionally feed them some real info. And as I said before it's more productive for agents to do that with national media. But I don't think our local guys even try. It's easier to just retweet the national guys.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#96 » by trwi7 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:24 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote: When was like 19 I picked up the phone and called Andrew Bogut’s agent (David Bauman) just because I was curious how Bogut felt playing against his ancestral Croatia in the Olympics.

I can't think of anything more Chuck Diesel than this.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#97 » by crkone » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:33 pm

I think Kane should be the one to grab the Gery crown. He could make a living on sources.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,588

Post#98 » by blazza18 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:33 pm

I noticed Kane has a piece on Bucks dot com. Good get by him.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#99 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:41 pm

blazza18 wrote:I noticed Kane has a piece on Bucks dot com. Good get by him.

Good for him, kinda exemplifies all my frustration with Bucks media. They all act like Bucks.com employees and some of them literally are.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#100 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:04 am

blazza18 wrote:I noticed Kane has a piece on Bucks dot com. Good get by him.

Soprano family wants to keep Furio close. So he gets his own garbage route.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks