One FC Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

One FC Thread 

Post#1 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Jun 3, 2019 12:24 am

I have not been following this very closely until recent. There was something of the stink of the era where they had knees on the ground and soccer kicks....too brutal (I'm not sure if they still have these techinques).

But I have skimmed through the past couple events and there have been some amazing fights. The mix of kickboxing, muay Thai, and MMA fight actually works.

They now have to be the top kickboxing org in the world, with more talent than Glory. And they have kickboxing/MT with 4 oz gloves.

On that note, check out what a truly world class striker like Yodsenklai can do with 4 oz gloves. He's finding angles for his hands that you have seen an MMA fighter exploit. Sliding in some crazy strikes.

Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Re: One FC Thread 

Post#2 » by CPT » Wed Jun 5, 2019 9:54 am

Kickboxing with 4 oz gloves in a cage? Sign me up.

I miss K-1. I'm sure Glory has a lot of things going for it, but it's just not on my radar. The prospect of having good MMA and kickboxing on the same card a la K-1 Dynamite could be enough to get me interested in One FC. Schiavello might be enough to keep me away though.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#3 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:35 am

Damn, 3 fights into last weekend's card (OneFC 97)...nuts so far. Liam Harrison's fight was really great. Muay Thai w/ 4 oz gloves. Harrison has been on JRE at least once, maybe twice (FWIW). The Anderson Braddock Silva fight has been bonkers so far. Kickboxing in 4 oz.

Glory's over, man. They've never had this kind of action.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#4 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:36 am

Silva's landed 15 lead lefts to the body so far. Beautiful. These guys are animals but remaining relaxed and displaying technique.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts