ImageImageImageImageImage

Al Horford

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Al Horford 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:43 am

How do you guys feel about him? Gets getting older but hes never really relied on his athleticism. Super skilled guy with an awesome attitude.

I think the kings should go all in this year. We will never have this much cap space again with barnes opting out.

Let's bring barnes back for something like 3/60
Give Horford 3/60.
With over 60 million open we would still have 20+ to play with and this team

Horford/Giles
Bagley/Bjelica
Barnes
Buddy/bogdan
Fox

Biggest weakness in this team would be bench scoring. Add in Terrence Ross for 15 million and bring yogi back and were winning 50 and making the playoffs!
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Re: Al Horford 

Post#2 » by blind prophet » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:06 am

I think Barnes wants a 4 year, will be at least 4/80, I'm thinking more like 4/90 and would take him at 4/90

Big Al is too old to fit our timeline. He'd be fantastic sure, but I think a single piece or multiple that we could resign long term without cap violations is the better route if possible.

If Vivek doesn't mind paying the luxury.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#3 » by dckingsfan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:10 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:How do you guys feel about him? Gets getting older but hes never really relied on his athleticism. Super skilled guy with an awesome attitude.

I think the kings should go all in this year. We will never have this much cap space again with barnes opting out.

Give Horford 3/60.

Horford/Giles
Bagley/Bjelica
Barnes
Buddy/bogdan
Fox

Biggest weakness in this team would be bench scoring. Add in Terrence Ross for 15 million and bring yogi back and were winning 50 and making the playoffs!

I like it... I have a couple of "things". Thing one - not sure Barnes is coming back. There is a dearth of FA SFs - this usually leads to bidding wars.

Thing 2 (small) - Giles is a PF right now, if Horford comes onboard, try to trade Bjelica for a SF?
Horford/Bagley
Bagley/Giles/Bjelica
(SF Hole)
Buddy/Bogdan
Fox/Ferrell

That's all I got - but yes on Horford - he is a good team defender, stretches the floor on offense so he checks the boxes. We are a young team with depth in the FC so we can afford to have him play less minutes and sit out games. But he will be 33 - guess the question is what will be at 35?

Vlade has some serious thinking to do...
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:21 am

blind prophet wrote:I think Barnes wants a 4 year, will be at least 4/80, I'm thinking more like 4/90 and would take him at 4/90

Big Al is too old to fit our timeline. He'd be fantastic sure, but I think a single piece or multiple that we could resign long term without cap violations is the better route if possible.

He is too old for our timeline, but hes a fantastic player.

We get 2 solid years from him to groom Harry. Year 3 we take his expiring and trade it with picks for another upgrade.

This team could badly use some playoff experience, I want to breed a winning culture. Horford does that better than anyone, he wins wherever he goes.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#5 » by blind prophet » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:36 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:I think Barnes wants a 4 year, will be at least 4/80, I'm thinking more like 4/90 and would take him at 4/90

He is too old for our timeline, but hes a fantastic player.

We get 2 solid years from him to groom Harry. Year 3 we take his expiring and trade it with picks for another upgrade.

This team could badly use some playoff experience, I want to breed a winning culture. Horford does that better than anyone, he wins wherever he goes.

That's a solid and valuable point however...

Let's say we got Vuc or Dedmon + others instead.

We could go over the cap on a second contract to keep them later.

That's my primary objection, cause when those rookie deals are all done we are going to be over the cap, and not get this chance again.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:40 am

Horford is an awesome fit for two years. Anything more than that is bad news.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#7 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:58 am

Too old. We’re still a few years away. I thought Ham reported we weren’t going to be interested in Vuc because he didn’t fit our pace, not sure that’s Big Al now either
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#8 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:09 am

BoogieTime wrote:Too old. We’re still a few years away. I thought Ham reported we weren’t going to be interested in Vuc because he didn’t fit our pace, not sure that’s Big Al now either
Ham said Vuc doesn't fit the pace?

Then Remove Lopez, Jordan, and Co. from our lists
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:36 am

City of Trees wrote:Horford is an awesome fit for two years. Anything more than that is bad news.

I agree 2 years is the most ideal. However, I just don't see him accepting that at this point in his career. From our standpoint he would be the biggest free agent signing we had since.. Vlade? Vlade was 30 when we got him and he smoked 2 packs a day so more like 40 lol.

I think we swallow the 3rd year in order to enjoy the first 2.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#10 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:43 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Horford is an awesome fit for two years. Anything more than that is bad news.

I agree 2 years is the most ideal. However, I just don't see him accepting that at this point in his career. From our standpoint he would be the biggest free agent signing we had since.. Vlade? Vlade was 30 when we got him and he smoked 2 packs a day so more like 40 lol.

His agent put out he is seeking a 4 year deal?

I'm not touching that.

3 years? Sure you could talk me into it.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:43 am

dckingsfan wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:How do you guys feel about him? Gets getting older but hes never really relied on his athleticism. Super skilled guy with an awesome attitude.

Give Horford 3/60.

Horford/Giles
Bagley/Bjelica
Barnes
Buddy/bogdan
Fox

I like it... I have a couple of "things". Thing one - not sure Barnes is coming back. There is a dearth of FA SFs - this usually leads to bidding wars.

Thing 2 (small) - Giles is a PF right now, if Horford comes onboard, try to trade Bjelica for a SF?
Horford/Bagley
Bagley/Giles/Bjelica
(SF Hole)
Buddy/Bogdan
Fox/Ferrell

That's all I got - but yes on Horford - he is a good team defender, stretches the floor on offense so he checks the boxes. We are a young team with depth in the FC so we can afford to have him play less minutes and sit out games. But he will be 33 - guess the question is what will be at 35?

Vlade has some serious thinking to do...

Even if you believe Giles is a PF, we have a 4 big rotation of Horford/Bagley/Giles/Bjelica. Thats a ton of versatility. and 2 of those can be on the floor together for given stretches.

I think Barnes is ours if we don't mess around. Hell lord knows we don't want to go into next year with another hole at the 3. I see Bojan as a high target on many peoples list.

Heres the teams with cap space

NY - Not a fit, they aren't ready for a Barnes
Philly - Need to resign 3 of their own guys, won't have the money after that.
Clippers - They are looking for the big fish (Kawhi)
Brooklyn - Rumored for Kyrie/KD and if they miss on one/both will target Tobias and bring Russell back.
Dallas - No for obvious reasons
ATL - Maybe? Still seems to early, and we have the advantage.
Indiana - I think they bring Bojan/Thad back.
Boston - Already have the 3 covered. Barnes would maybe be plan F for them.
Lakers - I don't see them spending the money on him.
Utah - Bigger need at the 1, already have Jingles
New Orleans - Traded for Ingram, bigger needs, too early for Barnes.
Phx - Have Warren, Jackson, Oubre.
Chicago - Porter

So I think it comes down to us, ATL, and maybe Indiana if Bojan leaves early in free agency. I think Barnes loved it here, if we don't low ball him hes back.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#12 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:06 am

City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I'm not touching that.

I thought wiretap said he would be exploring market for 3 or 4 year deal. I must have misread

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#13 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I'm not touching that.

I thought wiretap said he would be exploring market for 3 or 4 year deal. I must have misread

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app
I went back and checked Woj's tweet.

You were right.

"Horford is prepared to enter the free agency to find a three or four year deal elsewhere."

My apologies.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#14 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:27 am

Horford 4/70

Barnes at 4/65

Beverly 3/45

Playoffs.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#15 » by blind prophet » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:31 am

OGSactownballer wrote:Horford 4/70

Barnes at 4/65

Beverly 3/45

Playoffs.

Yeah Barnes opted out of 25 mil to then sign 3 more years at 45 million more? No chance in hell. Pay the piper soon.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#16 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:35 am

blind prophet wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:Horford 4/70

Barnes at 4/65

Beverly 3/45

Playoffs.

Yeah Barnes opted out of 25 mil to then sign 3 more years at 45 million more? No chance in hell. Pay the piper soon.

Yea were going to have to up that Barnes number.

We were projected 37 mil letting go of WCS and Yogi. With Barnes opting out number should be 62.

We should be able to afford upping Barnes to 4/80 and still do the other 2 signings.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#17 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:33 am

Mark Stein reports Al Horford knows there is a deal on the table for 4yr/$100M.

Im going to tell you how I know it's the Kings.

There are only a few team who have that kind of cap space. Of those teams only half need a Center:

Mavs, Hawks, Pelicans, and Kings.

Now are you ready for me to narrow the field?

Think back on today:
Harrison Barnes opts out
Kings increase cap space
Al Horford immediately opts out

Al was waiting on the dominos to fall
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#18 » by blind prophet » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:50 am

City of Trees wrote:Mark Stein reports Al Horford knows there is a deal on the table for 4yr/$100M.

There are only a few team who have that kind of cap space. Of those teams only half need a Center:

Think back on today:
Harrison Barnes opts out
Kings increase cap space

Not saying I love it.

But quite the deduction. Interesting.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#19 » by yellowknifer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:40 am

Raps fan here who has always had a soft spot for Sacramento.

I actually think Horford fits really well with your timeline. You guys are not so far away. He fits easily with most teams and he can still run the floor. Elite defender who is very heady sort of like Gasol. He will make you guys so much better. Add a couple more heady and effective vets coupled with development of your homegrown talent and the team could be pretty scary. Especially if Fox can hit that superstar level which doesn't seem impossible at all from where I sit.

Adding some heady defensive minded veterans with shooting ability can make a young team like this so much better. Especially communication on defense.

Cheers always loved this fan bases enthusiasm.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#20 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 am

City of Trees wrote:Mark Stein reports Al Horford knows there is a deal on the table for 4yr/$100M.

Think back on today:
Harrison Barnes opts out
Kings increase cap space

That’s great. Really.

I’m not mad at it if its on point. Not at all. Not the age I’d prefer, but still the best FA acquisition for a long, long while

Stein says “in excess” of 100 mil, better not be too much in excess

Return to Sacramento Kings