ImageImageImageImageImage

Al Horford

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Re: Al Horford 

Post#21 » by jazanetti » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:41 am

City of Trees wrote:Mark Stein reports Al Horford knows there is a deal on the table for 4yr/$100M.

Im going to tell you how I know it's the Kings.

There are only a few team who have that kind of cap space. Of those teams only half need a Center:

Mavs, Hawks, Pelicans, and Kings.

Now are you ready for me to narrow the field?

Think back on today:
Harrison Barnes opts out
Kings increase cap space
Al Horford immediately opts out

Al was waiting on the dominos to fall

I think Dallas can offer him that deal. They need to pair Porzi with strong center, solid rebounder and some one who will defend against opponent's best bigman. And Cuban is ready to pay and never looks at the day after tomorrow.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#22 » by dckingsfan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:12 pm

I think that there is immense pressure to overspend in this FA period...
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,233

Post#23 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:44 pm

He would be perfect for your team but I think you have to overpay him. Many teams can give him a 2/40 deal like Knicks, Nets, Lakers etc.. I think you guys are one of the 4/100 deal that was rumored for him. Now that Barnes opted out I think you guys should give him that. His last year will be brutal but he will still be serviceable off the bench I believe. If I was you guys, I would give him a front loaded deal, 35M his first 2 years and 15 mil his last 2 years.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#24 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:08 pm

jazanetti wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Mark Stein reports Al Horford knows there is a deal on the table for 4yr/$100M.

There are only a few team who have that kind of cap space. Of those teams only half need a Center:

Think back on today:
Harrison Barnes opts out
Kings increase cap space

I think Dallas can offer him that deal. They need to pair Porzi with strong center, solid rebounder and some one who will defend against opponent's best bigman. And Cuban is ready to pay and never looks at the day after tomorrow.

Ya, I think Dallas could be a real player here. Cuban loves to spend and he makes perfect sense with Doncic/KP.

I want him, I really do. But I won't be the least bit mad if we miss him because he signs in Dallas for 4/100+
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,509

Post#25 » by codydaze » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:11 pm

Think back on today:
Harrison Barnes opts out
Kings increase cap space

To be fair here, I believe the Horford news came out before Barnes or am I mistaken?
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#26 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:11 pm

Papi_swav wrote:He would be perfect for your team but I think you have to overpay him. Many teams can give him a 2/40 deal like Knicks, Nets, Lakers etc.. I think you guys are one of the 4/100 deal that was rumored for him. Now that Barnes opted out I think you guys should give him that. His last year will be brutal but he will still be serviceable off the bench I believe. If I was you guys, I would give him a front loaded deal, 35M his first 2 years and 15 mil his last 2 years.

IIRC this is only possible when signing RFA. I may be wrong though.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#27 » by codydaze » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:13 pm

I honestly don't think pace is that much of an issue for whoever we're playing at center, I'd be thrilled to get Horford on this squad. With Bagley playing the 4 next to him, he'll be the guy getting out ahead of the pack in the break, Horford or whoever we get at the 5 to be a stretch big will be trailing behind for three, they don't need to have WCS speed. 4/100 is a hefty price to pay but I think with him and Barnes, we make the playoffs.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#28 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:38 pm

codydaze wrote:

Think back on today:
Harrison Barnes opts out
Kings increase cap space

To be fair here, I believe the Horford news came out before Barnes or am I mistaken?

I think you're right but, shortly after Barnes did Horford told the Celts to stick it.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#29 » by City of Trees » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:58 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Think back on today:
Harrison Barnes opts out
Kings increase cap space

I think you're right but, shortly after Barnes did Horford told the Celts to stick it.
Ok let me spin this.....

Horford opts out but both sides are working on a deal

Kings have lunch with Barnes and convince him to take less to make room for Horford plus bench players

Barnes opts out

Horford breaks off talks with Celtics

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#30 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Now rumors are the Mavs being the magic 100 million dollar team. I like Horford but that's a chunk of change right there. I'd rather throw max at Tobias Harris and re-sign Barnes.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#31 » by codydaze » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:17 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:Now rumors are the Mavs being the magic 100 million dollar team. I like Horford but that's a chunk of change right there. I'd rather throw max at Tobias Harris and re-sign Barnes.

I think Horford would be much better for us honestly. I think our squad would need more of what he brings rather than what Tobias brings. We need a super glue guy and Horford checks all the boxes. Especially if Barnes is going to come back, we don't need another player that will need 14-15 shots in order to be effective, we need some who can be a good playmaker and defensive anchor. Also, Horford is pretty much the mold I would envision shaping Giles to be for the future so it would be great to have him help with the development.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#32 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:34 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:Now rumors are the Mavs being the magic 100 million dollar team. I like Horford but that's a chunk of change right there. I'd rather throw max at Tobias Harris and re-sign Barnes.

Some are refuting that
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#33 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Mavs/Horford thing is being refuted by some on twitter, including, apparently Stein. So, could be still on

I thought the Mavs didn’t make sense. Doncic/POrzingis should be lining up at 4/5 or someone might be in a defense mismatch
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#34 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:54 pm

I think the Mavs/Horford stuff is just noise. It doesn’t make as much sense and at that price still leaves them an incomplete team without much money left.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#35 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:25 pm

WCS typed in a dumb tweet about knowing his own worth yesterday, and may have been let in on these plans as they happened
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#36 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:11 am

Admittedly I’m not up to date on the red tape of tampering nowadays, but is it even allowed for us to be in “contact” with Al so he knows our intentions/ball park offer prior to declining option/ending talks with Boston? I’m just going with it
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#37 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:16 am

OGSactownballer wrote:I think the Mavs/Horford stuff is just noise. It doesn’t make as much sense and at that price still leaves them an incomplete team without much money left.

I tend to agree with you. The counter argument is Luka/KP/Horford pretty much covers you at the 4/5 spot minus some spot minutes from depth guys. At the same time, I dunno how much those 3 can really share the floor together. Luka seems like a PF and probably can't guard SFs. I've also seen KP try to guard PFs and its not pretty.

They would be much smarter bringing in a two-way F next to those guys and having a true center off the bench. Ironically, Barnes seems to make more sense for them than Horford.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#38 » by KF10 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:06 pm

Horford has always been a huge plus player throughout his career. He would be the perfect player to mentor both Bagley and Giles. I wouldn’t mind giving him the $$$. He’s the best C we can obtain this summer. If we can get Middleton too....hey! A guy can dream huh??
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#39 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:I think the Mavs/Horford stuff is just noise. It doesn’t make as much sense and at that price still leaves them an incomplete team without much money left.

I tend to agree with you. The counter argument is Luka/KP/Horford pretty much covers you at the 4/5 spot minus some spot minutes from depth guys. At the same time, I dunno how much those 3 can really share the floor together. Luka seems like a PF and probably can't guard SFs. I've also seen KP try to guard PFs and its not pretty.

They would be much smarter bringing in a two-way F next to those guys and having a true center off the bench. Ironically, Barnes seems to make more sense for them than Horford.

Yeah my comment is based on that and the fact that their huge holes are 3pt shooting and perimeter defense both wing and PG.

If they throw that contract at Al with @ 29 million in cap available they are going to keep being roasted by guards like last year and it’s becomes a complete waste of their cap.

For us it makes perfect sense because Al is just the vet glue we need to mesh this team together and move it forward in development and achievement.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#40 » by codydaze » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:22 pm

I'm going to play the connect the dots game.

There were no leaks from the Kings on draft night. The only picks that were not tweeted about by Woj or Shams were each one of our picks. There was nothing from them on the 40 pick, nothing on the 55 pick and nothing on the 60 pick. The 47 pick was tweeted by Shams but was reported as the Knicks pick and that they received it from Sacramento so presumably that info came from NY, not us.

Every other team had leaks of their picks and trades with the exception of the Toronto Raptors at pick 59.

Then there's this tweet today:

Read on Twitter

So assuming our FO is air tight as far as leaks go, maybe this points to us being the one getting ready to offer that to Al? I feel like this going through all this information:

Return to Sacramento Kings