ImageImageImage

The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON.

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: The best path for the Heat in regards to RYAN ANDERSON. 

Post#41 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:55 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:I don't understand the world I'm living in right now. It's a twilight zone. Ryan Anderson is BAD. Having a developmental player who is 20 years old is better than having a 31 year old shooter who has shot historically bad over the last few years.

Quit acting emotional.

MLE player and we still suck <<<<<<< potentially flipping Ryan anderson into a Steven Adams

I don't want Ryan anderson. I want Steven Adams.

Get on topic.

The topic was about Ryan Anderson being our starting PF and being on our roster, IIRC. Can we at least agree to back down from that?

Also, OKC is looking to move those players now to get under the tax. Not in 8 months.

I also said that I don't want Steven Adams with Bam and Kelly already on the roster. So.... I guess end of conversation?

Please please go look at Ryan Anderson's numbers.
Read on Twitter
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#42 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:I don't understand the world I'm living in right now. It's a twilight zone. Ryan Anderson is BAD. Having a developmental player who is 20 years old is better than having a 31 year old shooter who has shot historically bad over the last few years.

Quit acting emotional.

MLE player and we still suck <<<<<<< potentially flipping Ryan anderson into a Steven Adams

Get on topic.

The topic was about Ryan Anderson being our starting PF and being on our roster, IIRC. Can we at least agree to back down from that?

Also, OKC is looking to move those players now to get under the tax. Not in 8 months.

I also said that I don't want Steven Adams with Bam and Kelly already on the roster. So.... I guess end of conversation?

Are we competing for a championship? I don't care about Ryan Andersons numbers. We're a scrub team and nothing will change that right now.

I care about his expiring contract and the players I can get back from teams looking to get under the tax.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#43 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
JustiseForMiami wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
Quit acting emotional.

Get on topic.

Are we competing for a championship? I don't care about Ryan Andersons numbers. We're a scrub team and nothing will change that right now.

I care about his expiring contract and the players I can get back from teams looking to get under the tax.

oh. ok.

Read on Twitter
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,746

Post#44 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:In regards to Ryan Anderson, we have two viable choices right now.

The first, is to stretch out his contract for 3 years and take only a $5m/yr cap hit over the next 3 years. I STRONGLY ADVISE NOT TO DO THIS!!!

The second option, is to keep him. This is what I think is the best course to take. This creates a 3 scenario option for us, and we win all 3 scenarios. I think we should make him a starter and play him starters minutes, and tell coach Spo, SECRETLY, to revitalize his career for a future trade before the February deadline. He's only 31, so it could work. And you know how players do when it's their contract year. This is the final roll of the dice on Ryan Anderson.

Scenario A - If we can improve his trade value enough and trade him before the February deadline for some decent asset in return, then we did great.

Scenario B - If we fail to improve his trade value, he is still a huge expiring contract. When February rolls around and teams are already only a few months away from the 2020 off-season... Ryan's expiring contract looks tempting.

Scenario C - If all else fails, then we simply keep Ryan for the remainder of the season after the February trade deadline, and we finally get that money off our books.

We win all 3 scenarios, IMO.

Especially when you consider Whiteside just asked for a trade.... and especially if we can trade Goran Dragic to the Mavericks for a future 1st rounder in 2022 or something .. since Mike Conley just netted the Grizzlies 3 players and -2- first round picks.

DO NOT STRETCH HIS CONTRACT OUT. BE PATIENT. NO MORE POISON PILLS DUE TO IMPATIENCE.

And, IMO, this will help us to tank next year.
and tell coach Spo, SECRETLY, to revitalize his career for a future trade
you are too optimistic on the spotard to do this
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#45 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 pm

We traded for him so we could cut him and save the 6 million. His partial guarantee is only 15 of the 21 he is owed.

This won’t be a stretch but a straight waive. And it will happen.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#46 » by gom » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:11 pm

Ryan Anderson needs to be cut July 1, one second past midnight.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,608

Post#47 » by HEATVols865 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:30 pm

Are we really talking about Adams, Robertson and Schroeder? WTF? They are all garbage!!!! Cut Anderson and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,267

Post#48 » by Hoops23 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:23 am

gom wrote:Ryan Anderson needs to be cut July 1, one second past midnight.

Miami Heat still has until July 10 to decide on Ryan's contract.

Its better for the Heat to take advantage with that time, and decide. If there is a good opportunity of a trade, then do it. But I think, the big possibility is he will be waived. The decision will probably be either they stretch his contract or just simply pay the whole 15.64m he is owe the coming season. If Miami can make a deal that put them below the tax, then don't stretch his contract to have more cap space next year.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Post#49 » by RexBoyWonder » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 am

3 page thread on the Ryno, color me impressed.

I remember days of entire gamethreads barley doing so well. oh those Chalm Downs days..
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,302

Post#50 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:31 am

Looking back now, with all the teams trying to acquire expiring contracts so they can unload players to get under the tax... I wasn't so crazy after all eh.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016

Return to Miami Heat