Post#61 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:45 pm

Kyle Guy coming in for two workouts.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#62 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:20 am

BoogieTime wrote:Kyle Guy coming in for two workouts.
I know he can shoot but I'm not a fan
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#63 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:24 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Sagaba Konate is one of my favorite 2nd round players. I'd be so happy if we draft him. I don't care which pick we use.... Just get him!

6'7. 5 big body with length (7'0 wingspan) that can guard multiple positions and protect the rim better than 95% of the players in this draft. He is what you want in a big these days.

I like him. I would want to make sure his medicals are clear but he seems like a good fit for us. Like a guy that could become a Montrezl Harrell type for us. Can't have too many of them haha. Has to be telling though that we have worked out 96 guys in the 2nd rd range and haven't had him in yet. But who knows.

I saw one pundit put it out there that Vlade is thinking about moving up to the 20s...

You hear anything like that?
I haven't heard of the Kings moving into the 20's but if they did I would target one of Grant Williams, Bruno Fernando, or Thybulle.

Carsen Edwards another guy I'd look at in the 2nd. His game reminds me of Derrick Rose. He's on the shorter end 6'0 but is stocky with strength and an impressive 6'6 wingspan.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#64 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:58 am

City of Trees wrote:

He got heart and decent athleticism too. Won’t be no Stauskas crowd begging him to shoot. Not an upside pick, particularly if he can’t physically develop (he light), but I can see him hanging around the league if he does
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#65 » by kalenclayton » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:50 am

JohnWillow wrote:To be honest looking at our next three years draft situation we have combined 2 first round (our own) and freaking 8 second round pick.

Now I want them to move up to take Okeke.

Edit: I would hope to not use next years second round picks because in next years draft high school players will be available right? Then there will be a lot of interesing names.

2022 is supposed to be the double draft.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#66 » by codydaze » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:51 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

He got heart and decent athleticism too. Won’t be no Stauskas crowd begging him to shoot. Not an upside pick, particularly if he can’t physically develop (he light), but I can see him hanging around the league if he does

I would love if there was some way for us to get Ty Jerome. He's the better player of the two in my opinion. Gives me Manu vibes but I don't see him slipping to the second round.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#67 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:47 pm

City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Sagaba Konate is one of my favorite 2nd round players. I'd be so happy if we draft him. I don't care which pick we use.... Just get him!

6'7. 5 big body with length (7'0 wingspan) that can guard multiple positions and protect the rim better than 95% of the players in this draft. He is what you want in a big these days.

I like him. I would want to make sure his medicals are clear but he seems like a good fit for us. Like a guy that could become a Montrezl Harrell type for us. Can't have too many of them haha. Has to be telling though that we have worked out 96 guys in the 2nd rd range and haven't had him in yet. But who knows.

I saw one pundit put it out there that Vlade is thinking about moving up to the 20s...

You hear anything like that?
I haven't heard of the Kings moving into the 20's but if they did I would target one of Grant Williams, Bruno Fernando, or Thybulle.

Carsen Edwards another guy I'd look at in the 2nd. His game reminds me of Derrick Rose. He's on the shorter end 6'0 but is stocky with strength and an impressive 6'6 wingspan.

ALl of those first mentioned are good options, but i veto (like that means anything) Edwards because we have small PGs already. We need size in the backcourt.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#68 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Someone like Beverly instead? Because if that's the case you should look at the size difference between the two. Both are basically the same height with same wingspan. Edwards does have 15-20 lbs on Bev coming out of high school tho
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#69 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:31 pm

City of Trees wrote:Someone like Beverly instead? Because if that's the case you should look at the size difference between the two. Both are basically the same height with same wingspan. Edwards does have 15-20 lbs on Bev coming out of high school tho

I see your point. I have never been one of the people that wanted Bev this off season.

I guess I'm just being overly picky. I just don't see the point in adding another 6'0 PG when we have Ferrell and Mason on the roster for around the same price. Is Edwards really gonna beat them out for a spot year one of challenge for mins over them. They are all smaller, pitbull, score first guards that are neutral on defense verses better/bigger pgs and are mismatched when switching on a wing.

I'd like to either sign or draft a combo guard to, at least, have some options and competition for Bogi. It would really make our second lineup that much better if we had a 6'3-6'5 guy coming off the bench to spell Fox and play WITH Bogi as well. It's a lot to ask in a realistic world but why ASK for less.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#70 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Someone like Beverly instead? Because if that's the case you should look at the size difference between the two. Both are basically the same height with same wingspan. Edwards does have 15-20 lbs on Bev coming out of high school tho

I see your point. I have never been one of the people that wanted Bev this off season.

I guess I'm just being overly picky. I just don't see the point in adding another 6'0 PG when we have Ferrell and Mason on the roster for around the same price. Is Edwards really gonna beat them out for a spot year one of challenge for mins over them. They are all smaller, pitbull, score first guards that are neutral on defense verses better/bigger pgs and are mismatched when switching on a wing.

I'd like to either sign or draft a combo guard to, at least, have some options and competition for Bogi. It would really make our second lineup that much better if we had a 6'3-6'5 guy coming off the bench to spell Fox and play WITH Bogi as well. It's a lot to ask in a realistic world but why ASK for less.
Ideally you're right but I haven't found any talented size in the 2nd.

Ty Jerome is your best shot but he will probably be long gone.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#71 » by City of Trees » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:11 pm

Here is using you 2nd for some size

Read on Twitter
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#72 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 pm

City of Trees wrote:Here is using you 2nd for some size

Read on Twitter

I was in the middle of writing a post talking about the guys we have worked out when I saw this and scrambled to check him out haha...

Not great stats but the traits are their and he is only 20 and had groin issue all year. Is that enough excuses.

I'd take a flier on him with #47.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#73 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:46 pm

City of Trees wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

Ideally you're right but I haven't found any talented size in the 2nd.

Ty Jerome is your best shot but he will probably be long gone.

Of the 96 guys we worked out, I counted 19 guys that fit the bill. This was a dumb and quick exercise though. The criteria was 6'3-6'5 with over 18mins a game (to make sure they were among the best players on their teams) and 3ast a game (to somewhat fit the combo guard mold). Very flawed I know. I could have missed a guy that was 6'2 and had a great wingspan or 6'6 and ran the offense or included someone that had 4 ast a game but it was because they were the primary option. I just wanted to get a gauge.

Jon Axel Gudmundsson
Jalen Pickett
Andrew Nembhard
Ethan Thompson
Amir Hinton
Nick Weiler-Babb
Josh Perkins
Jon Elmore
Justin Simon
Jordan Bone
Terence Davis
John Konchar
Marcquise Reed
Frank Howard
Josh Reaves
Jeremiah Martin
Jalen Adams
Quinndary Weatherspoon
Jaylen Hands

I'll do some more digging on them later but there has to be some talent there somewhere.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#74 » by SmellingColors » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:08 am

Why do we all care about this so much? Right?
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#75 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:33 pm

SmellingColors wrote:Why do we all care about this so much? Right?

There actually is some decent talent in the 2nd round this year. Judging by the Kings workout schedule, they appear not to have noticed quite a few options and instead worked out mostly SL invites. :lol:
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#76 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:14 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:

There actually is some decent talent in the 2nd round this year. Judging by the Kings workout schedule, they appear not to have noticed quite a few options and instead worked out mostly SL invites. :lol:

I think that got their look at most of the guys that are somewhat locks to be drafted in the combine. The workouts are us looking at everyone else as well. Just a thought.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#77 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:11 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

I think that got their look at most of the guys that are somewhat locks to be drafted in the combine. The workouts are us looking at everyone else as well. Just a thought.

My thought is year after year they pretty much draft who they bring in. Maybe this year will be different. Who knows.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#78 » by benchmobbin02 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:55 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

My thought is year after year they pretty much draft who they bring in. Maybe this year will be different. Who knows.

Yup, we never know. Could be that with new blood in the front office from the last two drafts, we are doing things a little bit different or learning from things we did in the past that we could have been more efficient at.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#79 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:53 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

Then I expect my man Isaiah Roby to be called, if he isn’t picked by someone else first hopefully (I’ll be on the clock for that). Guy at 47, Fall at 60. That’s if we go by workouts
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#80 » by City of Trees » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:37 pm

VladFather wants his draft victory cigar
Read on Twitter

Return to Sacramento Kings