ImageImageImage

2019 NBA draft

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Re: 2019 NBA draft 

Post#1981 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:20 am

"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1982 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:02 pm

Jakeopp wrote:
return2glory wrote:I just hope Danny is getting better help from his scouting staff this type around.

Kind of over him getting undersized PF’s and athletic combo guards that can’t shoot and have a bad understanding of the game. And no draft and stash.

Let’s get some impact players from day 1. Let’s find a guy like Van Fleet or Siakam or one Euro what is actually a real good player.

Not going to get my hopes up very much. Mostly expecting to draft the next Fab Melo and James Young. Ainge has been pretty trash at drafting outside the early lottery.

This is why I laugh when people say they want us to draft high upside players— 95 times out of 100 they end up like Young or Melo and those same fans blast Ainge for being a bad drafter.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1983 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:04 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
threrf23 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Who are these guys? Any future MVPs about to join the Cs?

Lecque will win the dunk contest next season as long as he is eligible. Bazley is a 6'10 wing with upside who is under the radar since he skipped college (but he is said to be raw and he de-committed from both Ohio State and Syracuse and I watched an interview that didn't impress me as he just talked about cookie cutter **** like playing positional - eta positionless - basketball). Others are PGs. On paper Clemons made me think back to Marcus Thornton. Jordan Bone is a "freak athlete" and set a school record at Tennessee for A/TO ratio. Waters is a purportedly smart 5'11 guy who has put up good numbers for LSU the past two seasons.

ETA - Harper was basically the leader of a highly likeable Auburn team. He's a stud and a team first guy, but 5'11 and I'm not sure where his PG skills are and I don't think he's a formidable scorer like IT.

Lecque and Bazley look like surprise picks at 20/22 with potential stash agreements or early second round picks if we traded back with Philly.

Bazley likely could go at 22, Lecque is not a first round talent. If anything, this makes me think were looking to trade one of our picks for a couple second rounders.

Return to Boston Celtics