NBA draft & NCAA basketball

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Re: NBA draft & NCAA basketball 

Post#321 » by pacers33granger » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:35 pm

Wizop wrote:nbatv mock gave us Cam Johnson. he's my choice too unless someone unexpectedly drops.

Sent from my phone.

Someone will drop for whatever reason and I have a feeling Pritchard will try to get some future assets out of the pick for whoever that guy is plus maybe a late first or early second. There may be a team willing to pay a decent price for someone like Bol, Langford, etc. if they're there.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#322 » by Wizop » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:42 pm

pacers33granger wrote:Someone will drop for whatever reason and I have a feeling Pritchard will try to get some future assets out of the pick

I'm quite okay being on team trade down and I don't think anyone has to fall to get us there. guys like Grant Williams and Thybulle should be available in the 20's. perhaps Kevin Porter too. Cam Johnson also goes lower in many mocks.,
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#323 » by pacers33granger » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 pm

Wizop wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:Someone will drop for whatever reason and I have a feeling Pritchard will try to get some future assets out of the pick

I'm quite okay being on team trade down and I don't think anyone has to fall to get us there. guys like Grant Williams and Thybulle should be available in the 20's. perhaps Kevin Porter too. Cam Johnson also goes lower in many mocks.,

Yeah unless we're in love with a prospect, it makes sense to try to pick up assets for a similar caliber guy who'll sit at the end of the bench.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#324 » by Jake0890 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:26 am

Saw a report saying Tyler Herro's agent said his range is 11-18. Signs point to us taking him if he's there.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#325 » by Wizop » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:46 am

Jake0890 wrote:Saw a report saying Tyler Herro's agent said his range is 11-18. Signs point to us taking him if he's there.
I prefer a 3/4 but does Vic out 2 or 3 months change needs dramatically? can Doug and Sumner hold down the 2? CoJo?

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#326 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:36 am

Wizop wrote:
Jake0890 wrote:Saw a report saying Tyler Herro's agent said his range is 11-18. Signs point to us taking him if he's there.
I prefer a 3/4 but does Vic out 2 or 3 months change needs dramatically? can Doug and Sumner hold down the 2? CoJo?

Sent from my phone.

I don't know it changes too awful much, other than maybe a lower end kind of signing. It might prioritize a Wes Matthews with the room exception over an Anthony Tolliver, or some other lower end guy. I think you still draft BPA, and you focus your big money on the long-term holes. If we draft a 1/2/maybe 3 kind of guy like NAW, or a 2/3 like Romeo, Herro, Keldon, etc, you're kind of stabilizing some of the hole that you could theoretically get by with Doug and Sumner (and the Wes).
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#327 » by Jake0890 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:02 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Sent from my phone.

I don't know it changes too awful much, other than maybe a lower end kind of signing. It might prioritize a Wes Matthews with the room exception over an Anthony Tolliver, or some other lower end guy. I think you still draft BPA, and you focus your big money on the long-term holes. If we draft a 1/2/maybe 3 kind of guy like NAW, or a 2/3 like Romeo, Herro, Keldon, etc, you're kind of stabilizing some of the hole that you could theoretically get by with Doug and Sumner (and the Wes).

Yeah, I think it's BPA all the way here. Next question is whether or not Herro is the BPA, ha..
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,976

Post#328 » by PerkinsFor3 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:41 am

pacers33granger wrote:
Wizop wrote:nbatv mock gave us Cam Johnson. he's my choice too unless someone unexpectedly drops.

Sent from my phone.

Someone will drop for whatever reason and I have a feeling Pritchard will try to get some future assets out of the pick for whoever that guy is plus maybe a late first or early second. There may be a team willing to pay a decent price for someone like Bol, Langford, etc. if they're there.

Brandon Clarke maybe even?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#329 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:05 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:

Sent from my phone.

I think we’d keep a Clarke. He would seem to project well long term next to either of Myles or Sabonis.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,976

Post#330 » by PerkinsFor3 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:

I think we’d keep a Clarke. He would seem to project well long term next to either of Myles or Sabonis.

Yeah, mostly just mentioning the fact that he might drop quite a bit. I dont think you should trade him. Dipo, Clarke and Turner would be a nice core.

Return to Indiana Pacers