ImageImageImageImage

D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Re: D'Lo Watch: All things D'Lo related 

Post#301 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Audi wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Kobe easy shot 1k/day. If I remember accurately, Ray Allen would MAKE 1000 3s for a workout.

U underestimate how hard these guys practice to perfect their shots.

Try to shoot 100 FTs ( let alone threes) to see how sore you will be after.
Now imagine repeating 10 more times.

It's complete overkill that leads to overtrain, that happends to be counter-productive to improvment, muscle gain and actually leads to fatigue that increeses injury risk.
i belive Kobe was hard worker but i also think most of stories about pro athletes are overblown over time.

Is it possible to shoot 1000 shots? Sure, will it really improve you somehow? Not really, after some time your arms will hurt and your body will seak ways how to cheat and it will be complete waste of time and even harmful.

First thing you learn from pro coaches is that "giving 100% every pratcice" is nothing but nice thing to say to sell merch and sport drinks, not thing that people actually do.

"Kobe is hardest worker out there"

yet in middle of summer guy got literally fat, during his active basketball career. So there goes whole "every day kill yourself "theory

*both pics taken 58 days before training camp during his active nba career *

I know lot of athletes want to tell you how hard they worked and that's why they succeed ( and they did ) but in reality, most of elite athletes have simply natural born gift that it's impossible to match. That's why you have kids like Siakam that start to play basketball at age of 17 and by the age of 23 are elite nba players, yet you have kids who play since age of 6 and get any good.

Jay-Z played pro ball? :lol:

:rofl:

i f--ed up URLs from google :lol:

( but to be fair second pic is after he retired)

Wall also got fat last offseason, Z Bo has been fat whole career, Felton is meme because of it.... It happends. But they all "work extra hard every day, no time off, 365 days a year"... Sure...
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,152

Post#302 » by swarlesbarkley » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:01 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I would bet everything that not a single basketball player E V E R shot 1000 shots in one day, let alone every day.

It's such a stupid " look, i'm hardcore guy" crap that it's pointless to even argue.
Kobe easy shot 1k/day. If I remember accurately, Ray Allen would MAKE 1000 3s for a workout.

U underestimate how hard these guys practice to perfect their shots.

I'm 34 in average shape and I put up 200+ 3s when I'm just shooting by myself. No pain or discomfort at all. I believe these guys put up 1000+ in a day with trainers getting their board and tossing it right back to them.

Read on Twitter

Sekou put up 15 in about 45 seconds here. Not hard to think of a guy shooting like this for a couple hours with a few breaks.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#303 » by ezzzp » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:14 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:@gswchris: Woj says that if Nets don't land another star with Kyrie that they'll just keep D'Angelo Russell instead. Brooklyn isn't sold on Kyrie's ability to run a team alone.

Read on Twitter

Make the Nets put their money where their mouth is. If anybody wants him they need to sign him 6:00 on the dot and put Brooklyn on the clock.

Restricted free agents can sign another team's offer sheet on June 30th at 6pm. BUT the 48 hour time clock for their current team to match that offer sheet doesn't begin until after the moratorium period ends (midnight July 5th). By that time Brooklyn will know if they have two max guys coming or not. So there really is no pressure on them, other than making them pay max - something they'd be prepared to do anyhow.

To present a max offer sheet at 6:00pm June 30th, the team would also have to have the cap space to do so.

So for the Magic, they would have to renounce Ross and Vucevic + stretch Mozgov before free agency. Meaning they'd sacrifice their options with Vuc/Ross + would commit to having Moz on books longterm thus impacting future $ flexibility. They would have to do that without knowing if D'Lo even accepts their offer sheet - as he can only sign one.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#304 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:31 pm

ezzzp wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:@gswchris: Woj says that if Nets don't land another star with Kyrie that they'll just keep D'Angelo Russell instead. Brooklyn isn't sold on Kyrie's ability to run a team alone.

Read on Twitter

Make the Nets put their money where their mouth is. If anybody wants him they need to sign him 6:00 on the dot and put Brooklyn on the clock.

Restricted free agents can sign another team's offer sheet on June 30th at 6pm. BUT the 48 hour time clock for their current team to match that offer sheet doesn't begin until after the moratorium period ends (midnight July 5th). By that time Brooklyn will know if they have two max guys coming or not. So there really is no pressure on them, other than making them pay max - something they'd be prepared to do anyhow.

To present a max offer sheet at 6:00pm June 30th, the team would also have to have the cap space to do so.

So for the Magic, they would have to renounce Ross and Vucevic + stretch Mozgov before free agency. Meaning they'd sacrifice their options with Vuc/Ross + would commit to having Moz on books longterm thus impacting future $ flexibility. They would have to do that without knowing if D'Lo even accepts their offer sheet - as he can only sign one.
I hope to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I dont think anyone is expecting to chase DLo as long as he's restricted. The basis of everything I'm excited about is if Nets renounce him. At that point, Orl can do all they need to, to make a run at him.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#305 » by ezzzp » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:54 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:Make the Nets put their money where their mouth is. If anybody wants him they need to sign him 6:00 on the dot and put Brooklyn on the clock.

I hope to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I dont think anyone is expecting to chase DLo as long as he's restricted. The basis of everything I'm excited about is if Nets renounce him. At that point, Orl can do all they need to, to make a run at him.

The Nets won't renounce him (make him unrestricted) until they officially need to.

Since they can't officially sign their two new max guys until after the moratorium ends on July 5th, they would be taking an unnecessary risk by prematurely renouncing Russell before the other deals can become official.

They can get verbal commitments from those new max guys, but as with the D'Andre Jordan incident, its not official and a lot can change fast.

From D'Lo's pov he probably wants to see the lay of the land before signing an offer sheet. A lot of rosters change quickly during the moratorium week, its to his advantage to see the full range of choices. Its possible that he would be nervous about missing out on max money so he just takes first one to secure the money.
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#306 » by Nyce_1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 pm

ezzzp wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
ezzzp wrote:

The Nets won't renounce him (make him unrestricted) until they officially need to.

Since they can't officially sign their two new max guys until after the moratorium ends on July 5th, they would be taking an unnecessary risk by prematurely renouncing Russell before the other deals can become official.

They can get verbal commitments from those new max guys, but as with the D'Andre Jordan incident, its not official and a lot can change fast.

From D'Lo's pov he probably wants to see the lay of the land before signing an offer sheet. A lot of rosters change quickly during the moratorium week, its to his advantage to see the full range of choices. Its possible that he would be nervous about missing out on max money so he just takes first one to secure the money.
And that's no problem with me. If everyone uses their cap by the time DLo is available, we may be able to get a good deal.

We'll see how it plays out.
ezzzp
Head Coach

Post#307 » by ezzzp » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:14 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:

And that's no problem with me. If everyone uses their cap by the time DLo is available, we may be able to get a good deal.

We'll see how it plays out.

Yep, there is a glimmer of hope.

Its good that Utah is off the table. Unfortunately now Boston has entered the fray if they prefer him over Rozier...and now there are rumblings that Clippers like him paired with Shai and Knicks have him on their radar if their top options fall through.

Its going to be a crazy week.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,430

Post#308 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:25 am

I'm a DLO fan but hesitant to give the max for him.

I do rather give Russell a max contract over Vuc though.

I really dont want to stretch Mozgov.

One thing I am not sure about, will there really be a big market for him? What team that has cap space and needs a PG? Seems limited to me.
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#309 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:43 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Audi wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

It's complete overkill that leads to overtrain, that happends to be counter-productive to improvment, muscle gain and actually leads to fatigue that increeses injury risk.
i belive Kobe was hard worker but i also think most of stories about pro athletes are overblown over time.

Is it possible to shoot 1000 shots? Sure, will it really improve you somehow? Not really, after some time your arms will hurt and your body will seak ways how to cheat and it will be complete waste of time and even harmful.

First thing you learn from pro coaches is that "giving 100% every pratcice" is nothing but nice thing to say to sell merch and sport drinks, not thing that people actually do.

"Kobe is hardest worker out there"

yet in middle of summer guy got literally fat, during his active basketball career. So there goes whole "every day kill yourself "theory

*both pics taken 58 days before training camp during his active nba career *

I know lot of athletes want to tell you how hard they worked and that's why they succeed ( and they did ) but in reality, most of elite athletes have simply natural born gift that it's impossible to match. That's why you have kids like Siakam that start to play basketball at age of 17 and by the age of 23 are elite nba players, yet you have kids who play since age of 6 and get any good.

Wall also got fat last offseason, Z Bo has been fat whole career, Felton is meme because of it.... It happends. But they all "work extra hard every day, no time off, 365 days a year"... Sure...
how are you going to lump Kobe's work ethic with ZBo, Felton, Wall? That's one of the worst cherry picking to support an argument I've ever seen. Let alone you using a RETIRED photo of him to support your POV. hahahahahaha

clown.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#310 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Audi wrote:

how are you going to lump Kobe's work ethic with ZBo, Felton, Wall? That's one of the worst cherry picking to support an argument I've ever seen. Let alone you using a RETIRED photo of him to support your POV. hahahahahaha

clown.

First photo is from 2014 summer, he was still active player.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#311 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:46 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Spoiler:
Nyce_1 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

clown.
First photo is from 2014 summer, he was still active player.
Oh, the summer he was rehabbing from a fractured knee?

Back to the original point:
The Kobe Bryant workout routine features a hefty mix of track work, basketball skills and weightlifting. His off-season workout has been called the 666 program because he spends 2 hours running, 2 hours on basketball, and 2 hours weightlifting (for a total of 6 hours a day, six times a week, for six months).

Basketball Skills
The Kobe Bryan workout routine spends 2 hours a day on basketball skills. When asked how many shots he takes a day, his answer is that he makes (not takes) 700-1000 shots a day. His shooting drills involve taking shots from 5 designated areas around the court. He makes 10 shots at each location, before moving onto the next one. He usually starts with mid-range shots, before moving back to the three point line. From there, he works on turnaround shots, post-up shots, footwork, pivot jabs, and layups at the end.

Ray Allen, ON A GAME DAY! What do you think he'd do in the offseason?
4 P.M.
Arrives at TD Banknorth Garden three hours before tip-off. Runs through rigorous shooting drills, simulating every possible shot he could take in the game. He launches about 200 shots in an hour and on a good day will convert 170.

It's not crazy for players, who are serious about their craft and being the best in the game, to shoot 1k shots in a workout.

Return to Orlando Magic