ImageImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

BlueBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 669

Re: NBA Draft 2019 Who Should Orlando Draft with the 16th and 46th pick? 

Post#941 » by BlueBalls » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Would you trade #46 for Frank Nkiltina?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#942 » by Xatticus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:16 pm

drsd wrote:
ezzzp wrote:looks like Magic are trying to sell their 2nd round pick

If Birch gets a deal the Magic cannot/won't match, then Aron Baynes + cash considerations (say 3M) for the #46 could be an interesting idea. The Magic effectively would only pay him 2M, and the Celts get even more cap space.

Boston is trying to clear Baynes' salary. They would have to attach value for me to take that contract.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#943 » by Xatticus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:20 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
zaymon wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Yeah... for as many people that sell WeHam on being such great talent evaluators, we would be getting rid of 2nd round picks again.

Talent evaluation doesnt limit to one year. True masterminds must take into account future drafts and players. This years picks are at a all time high value, they will never be worth as much as today. Trading a pick becouse of your evaluation is smarter but harder than picking someone you dont like to please impatient fans

They literally don’t know how the draft will shake out and they are allegedly trying to sell the pick away. Yeah, and the draft “flattened out”. True masterminds.

I just don't like much of what I have seen from potential 2nd-round picks this year. I expect that we can do better with a roster spot given that Frazier's contract is already guaranteed.

I kind of like Jalen McDaniels, but he doesn't have plus length and his block rate is underwhelming. I don't think there is any chance we draft him though due to character issues.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#944 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:27 pm

BlueBalls wrote:Would you trade #46 for Frank Nkiltina?
Hell **** yes. Wanted to do it at the deadline and they almost did. Fultz & Ntilikina backcourt? Sign me up.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#945 » by MagicMatic » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:43 pm

Xatticus wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
zaymon wrote:Talent evaluation doesnt limit to one year. True masterminds must take into account future drafts and players. This years picks are at a all time high value, they will never be worth as much as today. Trading a pick becouse of your evaluation is smarter but harder than picking someone you dont like to please impatient fans

They literally don’t know how the draft will shake out and they are allegedly trying to sell the pick away. Yeah, and the draft “flattened out”. True masterminds.

I just don't like much of what I have seen from potential 2nd-round picks this year. I expect that we can do better with a roster spot given that Frazier's contract is already guaranteed.

I kind of like Jalen McDaniels, but he doesn't have plus length and his block rate is underwhelming. I don't think there is any chance we draft him though due to character issues.

There are a few guys in the second round that could potentially be valuable. Naz Reid, Obiesie, Jalen Lecque, Charles Mathews, and Kyle Guy are all guys we should be looking in the second round if they keep the pick.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#946 » by SOUL » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:24 pm

Draft is staring soon. Going to lock this and direct everybody to the draft night thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1856784
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#947 » by Knightro » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:07 am

Knightro wrote:My personal rankings by position...

Point Guards
1. Ja Morant
2. Darius Garland
3. Ty Jerome
4. Shamorie Ponds

Shooting Guards
1. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
2. Coby White
3. Romeo Langford
4. Keldon Johnson

Small Forwards
1. RJ Barrett
2. Jarrett Culver
3. Talen Horton-Tucker
4. DeAndre Hunter

Power Forwards
1. Zion Williamson
2. Grant Williams
3. Nicholas Claxton
4. Brandon Clarke

Centers
1. Goga Bitadze
2. Jaxson Hayes
3. Bol Bol
4. Bruno Fernando

Players I'm higher on than most: Nic Claxton, Talen Horton-Tucker, Ty Jerome, Goga Bitadze, Grant Williams

Players I'm lower on than most: Cam Reddish, Nassir Little, Sekou Doumbouya, Kevin Porter Jr., Rui Hachimura

THT :(

Return to Orlando Magic