ImageImageImage

some stuff Cavs may be doing

Moderator: ijspeelman

3 most likely events to happen before FA ?

trade up
7%
trade down
13%
stay at 5
27%
trade smith for late lottery to mid 1st 2019
13%
trade smith for future draft asset
20%
waive smith
No votes
trade someone or more than 1 other player besides Smith on draft day
7%
trade down from 26 to 2 high 2nds
No votes
stay at 26
13%
trade 26 and a pick from a smith deal to move back into lottery
No votes

Total votes: 15

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

some stuff Cavs may be doing 

Post#1 » by Stillwater » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:29 pm

what is the most likely 3 things to happen before FA
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Re: some stuff Cavs may be doing 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:20 am

Stay at 5. Take Hunter or Culver. Don't over think it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:27 am

^yeah probably the best play is just take the bpa on their board at 5 and take on a contract from mia or orl for one of 13 or 16 to gamble on a project , but if all that is offered for smith is futures i would think they could justify trading 5 for 8&10 esp if they like players projected there just as much. Atlanta prob is going to try to give up only 10/17 and in that scenario i think altman will not trade down .
I'm pretty sure with Pels shopping the 4 we are trying to get it as well.example 5 and TT for 4 and hill /filler. Cavs lock up Culver at 4 or if lucky Ny takes him and RJ falls.
substancej
Junior
And1: 490

Post#4 » by substancej » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:42 am

Trade down, try to get Lavine in a trade. Draft Reddish.

I'd be happy with Hunter though too.
Kevin Love finna get traded
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:29 pm

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:02 am

Just an FYI, that website is notoriously unreliable.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:09 am

jbk1234 wrote:Just an FYI, that website is notoriously unreliable.

yeah but that echoes a lot of what local radio has been talking and it certainly would not surprise me that CLE has interest Garland even if it's only in the event that the Pels don't trade down from 4 to a team moving up for him they take someone else and he falls in the Cavs lap where they have the opportunity to move down if they want to add more assets or add the high ceiling guard despite obvious potential defensive woes if paired with Sexton. I've heard the words come out of Altman's mouth at some point in the past about adding talent as opposed to adding for current fit as the roster is far from complete.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:00 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:Just an FYI, that website is notoriously unreliable.

yeah but that echoes a lot of what local radio has been talking and it certainly would not surprise me that CLE has interest Garland even if it's only in the event that the Pels don't trade down from 4 to a team moving up for him they take someone else and he falls in the Cavs lap where they have the opportunity to move down if they want to add more assets or add the high ceiling guard despite obvious potential defensive woes if paired with Sexton. I've heard the words come out of Altman's mouth at some point in the past about adding talent as opposed to adding for current fit as the roster is far from complete.

If Garland falls to us at No. 5, and the Cavs think he's BPA, I'm okay taking him there. But if we have to surrender assets to move up to No. 4, I'd pass. Also, we really should at least take the temperature on Sexton's trade value if we're taking Garland.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Richfield
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#9 » by Richfield » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Disclaimer i havent watched more than 3 minutes of Garland highlights and looked at his stats to compare to the person he reminds me of.

He shoots the 3 pointer way better according to his college stats. But visually, watching him reminds me of Reggie Jackson.

Hoping somebody can talk about the other things he does differently or better than Reggie Jackson.

Thanks.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:19 am

Richfield wrote:Disclaimer i havent watched more than 3 minutes of Garland highlights and looked at his stats to compare to the person he reminds me of.

He shoots the 3 pointer way better according to his college stats. But visually, watching him reminds me of Reggie Jackson.

Hoping somebody can talk about the other things he does differently or better than Reggie Jackson.

Thanks.
See that's the thing. I really don't want draft a guy who is going to be an average PG.

I can handle drafting a guy who will be an average starter at SG or SF because those positions are hard to fill. But if the Cavs aren't 100% on Garland's ceiling, stay away.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:37 pm

With no trades today :
Hunter at 5 ,Okpala at 26 seems most probable
Culver at 5 , Okeke at 26 also seems reasonable
But if they get involved in trades (Not Love) anything is possible and I would not be surprised if the Cavs walk away with Kevin Porter Jr., Sekou Doumbouya and one of Claxton,Gafford or Bol.
fyi: I think they could justify KPJ at 5 if they are getting a pick for Smith
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#12 » by Dupp » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:55 pm

Hope we don’t move back
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#13 » by Stillwater » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:46 pm

so ATL moved into position for Hunter at 4 but what if RJ doesn't go 3rd? does ATL take RJ or Hunter? come on NY take Garland you know you want to

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers