Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,954

Re: Iowa Wolves/G League talk 

Post#263 » by Klomp » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:35 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is pretty standard practice, with Iowa not having a game until Thursday. Did it last year with Patton too.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#264 » by KGdaBom » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This is pretty standard practice, with Iowa not having a game until Thursday. Did it last year with Patton too.

If Tolliver can't see the court I don't see any way KBD is ever going to see the court for us. We probably trade him and he becomes a baller for somebody else.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#265 » by Worm Guts » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:57 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

If Tolliver can't see the court I don't see any way KBD is ever going to see the court for us. We probably trade him and he becomes a baller for somebody else.

Tolliver probably won't be here next year. We have KBD on contract for 3 years, while it's still possible he never sees the court, who knows? I don't think there's much reason to have a strong opinion at this point, but I'm guessing if we think he can play he'll eventually get a shot, and if we don't, he'll probably be gone by some point next season.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#266 » by minimus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:47 pm

Lee is an interesting prospect, combo forward with deep range.
minimus
RealGM

Post#267 » by minimus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Looking forward to see KBD developing into rotation player
wolfen
Senior
And1: 216

Post#268 » by wolfen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:35 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looking forward to see KBD developing into rotation player

I think it's obvious that KBD's playing time fate this year hangs on if we're in the playoff hunt close to the trade deadline. If we're not, Taj and/or Tolly could be traded, opening time for KBD. Frankly, I don't know what my plan would be to develop him. I think he's a niche player right now, a small ball 4 player who isn't the primary backup at the 4. So how much playing time would a guy like that get anyways? I just don't see him being an effective wing in the NBA...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#269 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:10 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

The tweet is probably correct that the call-up has more to do with the longer break between games for Iowa, which doesn't play again until Sunday. We have two games before then, so it's more time with the team at the arena, allowing him to go through NBA walkthroughs and pregame warmups.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

minimus
RealGM

Post#270 » by minimus » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Jared Terrell had two strong games in gleague, I like his confidency and shooting stroke. I hope to see him more with Wolves as this season progress.
minimus
RealGM

Post#271 » by minimus » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Why Nuggets Two-Way Player Brandon Goodwin plays for Iowa? He plays very well btw
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#272 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:20 am

minimus wrote:Why Nuggets Two-Way Player Brandon Goodwin plays for Iowa? He plays very well btw

Denver doesn't have an affiliate. Actually similar to how Bazz ended up in Des Moines years ago when they weren't our affiliate.

Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#273 » by Killboard » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:08 pm

Dell Demps fired by the Pelicans. I will be pissed if they get their new GM before us.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#274 » by Klomp » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:14 am

"The big focus for us is playing. Guys only improve when they're playing. So our young guys, they know what's being expected of them.....and they're either going to be playing in the NBA or playing in the G League. That's how you get better. The reality is, we'd love to have young guys surprise us and be here on this stage helping our team win, but it's up to them...and then it's up to us in how we support them and how we develop them. That could be in the G League or in Minnesota...in games, in practices, in individual workouts. It's a major part of who we are here." -Gersson Rosas

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#275 » by Klomp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:43 am

Klomp wrote:"The big focus for us is playing. Guys only improve when they're playing. So our young guys, they know what's being expected of them.....and they're either going to be playing in the NBA or playing in the G League. That's how you get better. The reality is, we'd love to have young guys surprise us and be here on this stage helping our team win, but it's up to them...and then it's up to us in how we support them and how we develop them. That could be in the G League or in Minnesota...in games, in practices, in individual workouts. It's a major part of who we are here." -Gersson Rosas

With the G League being such a big part of the roster development here, I thought it'd be wise to post a list of players who could possibly spend time in Iowa (most of these obviously won't because they'll be fixtures in Minnesota).

Jarrett Culver
Jaylen Nowell
Josh Okogie
Keita Bates-Diop
Naz Reid
Tyrone Wallace
Jordan Bell

Players in their first, second and third seasons can be on a G League assignment at any time. Players in their fourth season or later can still be assigned to the G League with the player's consent.

minimus
RealGM

Post#276 » by minimus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:53 am

Klomp wrote:
Klomp wrote:"The big focus for us is playing. Guys only improve when they're playing. So our young guys, they know what's being expected of them.....and they're either going to be playing in the NBA or playing in the G League. That's how you get better. The reality is, we'd love to have young guys surprise us and be here on this stage helping our team win, but it's up to them...and then it's up to us in how we support them and how we develop them. That could be in the G League or in Minnesota...in games, in practices, in individual workouts. It's a major part of who we are here." -Gersson Rosas

With the G League being such a big part of the roster development here, I thought it'd be wise to post a list of players who could possibly spend time in Iowa (most of these obviously won't because they'll be fixtures in Minnesota).

Jarrett Culver
Jaylen Nowell
Josh Okogie
Keita Bates-Diop
Naz Reid
Tyrone Wallace
Jordan Bell

Players in their first, second and third seasons can be on a G League assignment at any time. Players in their fourth season or later can still be assigned to the G League with the player's consent.

I dont see Josh Okogie, Keita Bates-Diop or Jordan Bell having many g-league runs, unless they recovering from injuries. Creek is going to play in Australia, unless he is signed in NBA. I expect us to find more low profile players who we want to develop into rotation players. I expect our FO doing great work at scouting undrafted players etc. Tyrone Wallace declined multiyear min deal with LAC. I am wondering what type of contract he is expecting. Not sure if he is ok with idea of playing in gleague full time.

Jaylen Nowell
Naz Reid
Tyrone Wallace
+
Jared Terrell
SaintS
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#277 » by SaintS » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:23 am

as i understood Rosas stand at the originals of D League Huston team. Where they start to play high volume 3 point shooting game from all five position. And if we look throug the seasons we can see that they prepaired many players for the nba.

I want to say that from next year Iowa Wolves i expect this model with
1 guard 3 wings 1 big
because it's much more easier to start making what you want from day one in G league then in nba , where you have a full filled roster
minimus
RealGM

Post#278 » by minimus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:35 am

SaintS wrote:as i understood Rosas stand at the originals of D League Huston team. Where they start to play high volume 3 point shooting game from all five position. And if we look throug the seasons we can see that they prepaired many players for the nba.

I want to say that from next year Iowa Wolves i expect this model with
1 guard 3 wings 1 big
because it's much more easier to start making what you want from day one in G league then in nba , where you have a full filled roster

I would not say that high volume 3pt shooting itself is an idea behind HOU or GSW model. It is more about putting pressure on the rim and open both easy layps/dunks and 3pt opportunities. Having one big, three wings and an elite ballhandler fits this idea well, because it emphasises ball movement and constant pressure on rim with cuts, kickouts on perimeter and corner 3s..
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#279 » by old school 34 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Battle should probably be on that list because of the contract he signed with us...I believe locks him into the G-league team even if he doesn't upgrade to the other 2-way deal out there.

Brown & Martin are the other two from our current SL team I'd consider?

Nunn from the Mia team would be a nice steal for us if we could find a way to pull that off somehow....believe he signed with Mia to a similar type of deal that we have with Creek?
minimus wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Jarrett Culver
Jaylen Nowell
Josh Okogie
Keita Bates-Diop
Naz Reid
Tyrone Wallace
Jordan Bell

I dont see Josh Okogie, Keita Bates-Diop or Jordan Bell having many g-league runs, unless they recovering from injuries. Creek is going to play in Australia, unless he is signed in NBA. I expect us to find more low profile players who we want to develop into rotation players. I expect our FO doing great work at scouting undrafted players etc. Tyrone Wallace declined multiyear min deal with LAC. I am wondering what type of contract he is expecting. Not sure if he is ok with idea of playing in gleague full time.

Jaylen Nowell
Naz Reid
Tyrone Wallace
+
Jared Terrell

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#280 » by Klomp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:36 pm

old school 34 wrote:Battle should probably be on that list because of the contract he signed with us...I believe locks him into the G-league team even if he doesn't upgrade to the other 2-way deal out there.

Good catch

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves