ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#641 » by wco81 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:17 am

Actually they need a guy who can take the primary defensive duties.

Again, they don't want Curry to have to defend the top guards in the league.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#642 » by Kuya » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Harrison Barnes testing free agency

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#643 » by wco81 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:06 pm

Net renounced Rondae Hollis Jefferson earlier this week, who would have been RFA.

They have a lot of wings and may add more.

But some speculation that it wasn't so much lack of interest in them retaining RHJ but clearing cap space. So they still may believe they will sign Kyrie and a second max guy.

Could still be aiming to go after KD.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#644 » by GS Warriors 1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:00 am

Kuya wrote:Harrison Barnes testing free agency

My bet is that he goes back to Sacramento on a 4-year deal around $80M. They should start to get feelers on better SF's on the market(ie, Middleton), if they haven't already.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#645 » by Kuya » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:29 am

Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony on 1 year deals

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#646 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Kuya wrote:Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony on 1 year deals

Why do you always insist on putting out horrible ideas? Do you ever consider things before you post them?

Whenever I see that you have posted, I always go look, because I know I will come away shaking my head or laughing it the ideas you throw out there.

I think one time in the past you posted like a six team trade. :lol:
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#647 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:28 pm

Just saw (as I'm sure we all read it) that Warriors MIGHT be working with Durant on a "delayed" sign and trade. It all makes sense....as Durant get's an extra 57 million by signing....and then trading him to the New York Knicks....for young talent :)

In a strange way suddenly the Warriors have leverage...that extra $$$$. And let's say they only agree to do it if Knicks (super desperate) include whomever they pick at 3....:)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#648 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:54 pm

BS report.

Even if it does happen down the road, no way either side leaks that info. Just a spitballing rumor IMO.

If you want to do a sign and trade, you do it right away. You don't use the Warriors resources to rehab him, only to deal him.

If another team is willing to see the farm then they should pony up now, not a year from now. That's just stupid.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#649 » by BW32 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Mylie10 wrote:BS report.

Even if it does happen down the road, no way either side leaks that info. Just a spitballing rumor IMO.

If you want to do a sign and trade, you do it right away. You don't use the Warriors resources to rehab him, only to deal him.

If another team is willing to see the farm then they should pony up now, not a year from now. That's just stupid.

I wouldn't say it's stupid, if he goes now in any way he gets 4 years if he signs with us he gets 5. As unlikely as this scenario is it makes perfect sense for Kevin, not much for the team he would go to but it's good for KD if he wants to leave.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#650 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:42 pm

So the affect on the team would be crap. All of the media hype and speculation has been a huge drain on the team and it's fan base. Dragging this stuff out longer is total crap.

Everyone needs a decision made and then to move on either way. Dragging this scenario out another year is garbage.
Khoee wrote “
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#651 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:50 pm

Mylie10 wrote:So the affect on the team would be crap. All of the media hype and speculation has been a huge drain on the team and it's fan base. Dragging this stuff out longer is total crap.

Everyone needs a decision made and then to move on either way. Dragging this scenario out another year is garbage.

Haven't look up on it yet, but if they signed him they could get a giant cap exception because of injury and they could use it to add free agents?
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#652 » by azwfan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:32 am

Haven't seen any mention him, and maybe thats cause he'll cost too much, but what do yall think of bringing Justin Holiday back. I think i can see him starting at either SG or SF, and not screwing up too bad.

Would like a veteran big man, but i just have no clue what we can get for the tax payers MLE. JaMychal Green maybe?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#653 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:12 am

Very tough off season for the Warriors. Next season will probably be a transition year, so it could make sense to acquire a some young players to develop.
Re-signing KD would be my favorite outcome, but that would pose a lot of of problems with cap space and team depth.
Sign-and-trade is hard to set-up because we don't have much leverage, but it may be interesting for KD to get money and for the Warriors to get compensation back. KD for RJ Barrett + cap space/fillers would be great, but probably it's just too much to ask and it's not going to happen. The Knicks are not the smartest team out there though, so you never know.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#654 » by Left*My*Heart » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:53 pm

Mylie10 wrote:BS report.

I don’t think you can do an S&T on a super max deal immediately. The CBA to my understanding the player has to be on the roster for one full year from the signing before they are eligible to be traded.

I do think this is being considered by both sides. The Warriors reward Durant for his service, they get an injured player exception and next summer they get assets back in a trade. He is going to be rehabbing next season anyway and it’s my understanding he is staying in New York away from the team.

From KD’s standpoint, he gets the extra money and after rehabilitation he gets to pick his destination. I would imagine a no trade clause in his contract would protect him from being traded anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#655 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:36 pm

I could see mid-market FA SFs really want to play in SF on a one year prove it deal next year. FA is going to be very interesting.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#656 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:06 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:I could see mid-market FA SFs really want to play in SF on a one year prove it deal next year. FA is going to be very interesting.

I've been thinking along the same line, not just for SF but also for SG. Most likely the best case for Klay would be that he comes back around next year's All-Star break (obviously I'm making the assumption that he re-signs with the Warriors), so somebody who wants to work his way into a good deal for 2020 would know that he'd have a chance to start ~50 games, next to the biggest floor spacer in the world in Curry, and with great distributors in Draymond and Iguodala.

This said...... I haven't looked at the list of FA's to know that there's anybody out there that is in that situation. But academically it makes sense for both positions.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#657 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:13 pm

Mylie10 wrote:So the affect on the team would be crap. All of the media hype and speculation has been a huge drain on the team and it's fan base. Dragging this stuff out longer is total crap.

On top of this...... is it even "legal" to have a pre-agreed trade that would take place several months down the road, purely to circumvent some of the CBA timelines with respect to contract options? It seems like a 2-team variant of what the Timberwolves did with Joe Smith many years ago, centered around having a "wink wink, nudge nudge" trade rather than a "wink wink, nudge nudge" free agent re-signing.

Plus....... let's say it was agreed to, in terms of what assets would be coming back to the Warriors. What if one or more of those assets gets hurt during the first couple of months of the season. Could the Warriors call it off, or request more? Or can they tell the other team that they've got to sit out some of their players, to avoid the potential for injuries? It gets into all sorts of complications, and none of them seem kosher within the rules.

I'm calling B.S. on this report.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#658 » by watch1958 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:06 pm

I know nothing about how the cap works, but would it be possible to work some type of deal with the Nets that would end up sending Durant to Brooklyn for D'Angelo Russell? Whether S&T, or Durant exercising his one year option, so the Nets would have his Bird rights.

Nets want Durant, and seem wiling to take the down season next year. If they get Irving, keeping Russell wouldn't be important. Warriors would have a big combo guard, who can create for himself when other teams are blitzing Steph, plus he is young. Warrior core is all 30ish. Together they can be competitive for 3-4 years, but could use having a young scorer who'd probably love to go through the grind of winning 65 games in the regular season. It would also let them be competitive this year, without grinding Steph & Dray too much. Also, if they are looking for a cheap vet SF, this would let them be a lot more selective.

Then the year after next, they'd have lots of toys to play with. I remember the Jarrett Jack year, where they played a lot of Curry/Thompson/Jack together. With Russell added to Steph/Klay/Green with Iguadola or Looney or DMC or Paschall or Poole or Bell, they could throw a lot of looks at people.

But is it even allowed?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#659 » by watch1958 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:11 pm

Kuya wrote:Harrison Barnes testing free agency

He should redeem himself by coming back to the Warriors for the vet minimum.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#660 » by OptionZero » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:08 pm

watch1958 wrote:I know nothing about how the cap works, but would it be possible to work some type of deal with the Nets that would end up sending Durant to Brooklyn for D'Angelo Russell? Whether S&T, or Durant exercising his one year option, so the Nets would have his Bird rights.

Nets want Durant, and seem wiling to take the down season next year. If they get Irving, keeping Russell wouldn't be important. Warriors would have a big combo guard, who can create for himself when other teams are blitzing Steph, plus he is young. Warrior core is all 30ish. Together they can be competitive for 3-4 years, but could use having a young scorer who'd probably love to go through the grind of winning 65 games in the regular season. It would also let them be competitive this year, without grinding Steph & Dray too much. Also, if they are looking for a cheap vet SF, this would let them be a lot more selective.

Then the year after next, they'd have lots of toys to play with. I remember the Jarrett Jack year, where they played a lot of Curry/Thompson/Jack together. With Russell added to Steph/Klay/Green with Iguadola or Looney or DMC or Paschall or Poole or Bell, they could throw a lot of looks at people.

But is it even allowed?

The nets have a **** of capspace so i think that avoids alot of the BYC issues of a double sign and trade

but a better question is

Why would we want Russel? He has to agree to this, which means it has to be an amount he wants, which is gonna be $20M

GSW ain't paying $20M for a 3rd guard

Now, if BKN wants to send us Lavert and Joe Harris? SIgn me up

Return to Golden State Warriors