ImageImageImageImageImage

Sure sounds like KD is leaving

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Re: Sure sounds like KD is leaving 

Post#861 » by DaHef » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46 am

wco81 wrote:So if Woj is correct, sounds like KD is looking at 4 teams, Warriors, Clippers, Knicks and Nets

Does he want a set of pitch meetings again, like last time?

Does he want the other stars to grovel, like they did before? After playing with them for 3 years, he's going to make them audition again?

Warriors don't have Jerry West to close. They still have the best basketball case. He isn't going to win rings on those other teams with Kyrie.

Now Kawhi would be different if the Clippers got him. But I thought he wanted to carry a team to championships by himself.

If the Warriors can offer the most money, then why, if the rumors are true, is KD interested in changing teams? Does he dislike the Warriors? Or maybe just 1 Warrior (Green). Or is it an ego thing about wanting to be the man? Is there a solid reason out there floating around as to why KD would want to leave if money isn't the issue?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#862 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:26 am

DaHef wrote:If the Warriors can offer the most money, then why, if the rumors are true, is KD interested in changing teams? Does he dislike the Warriors? Or maybe just 1 Warrior (Green). Or is it an ego thing about wanting to be the man? Is there a solid reason out there floating around as to why KD would want to leave if money isn't the issue?

According to Celebrity Net Worth, Durant's current net worth is $170 million. He has a 10 year deal with Nike that could reach $300 million and includes a $50 million retirement package. He has a wide variety of business interests. Any number of things may decide it for him, maybe he wants to live somewhere else, maybe he has other priorities. No one knows what matters most to him, but there's a good chance it's not the money.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#863 » by killmongrel » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:46 am

xdrta+ wrote:
DaHef wrote:If the Warriors can offer the most money, then why, if the rumors are true, is KD interested in changing teams? Does he dislike the Warriors? Or maybe just 1 Warrior (Green). Or is it an ego thing about wanting to be the man? Is there a solid reason out there floating around as to why KD would want to leave if money isn't the issue?

According to Celebrity Net Worth, Durant's current net worth is $170 million. He has a 10 year deal with Nike that could reach $300 million and includes a $50 million retirement package. He has a wide variety of business interests. Any number of things may decide it for him, maybe he wants to live somewhere else, maybe he has other priorities. No one knows what matters most to him, but there's a good chance it's not the money.

I personally can't wait to just know his decision. If he stays, Ill be happy. If he leaves, I'm going to wish him all the success in the world that doesn't involve beating the Warriors. All in all, I'm just excited to see how the Warriors regroup for either scenario.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#864 » by wco81 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:53 am

If he wants to own an NBA franchise, he's going to have to maximize his money.

As lucrative as that Nike deal is, probably second only to Lebron's deal among active NBA players, it's nothing compared to what Jordan gets from Nike, all these decades after retiring.

Yeah he'd have to rack up rings to raise his profile, sell more shoes. But with MJ and Lebron already out there and soon probably Zion, he's got a ceiling on shoe money.

So maybe the other thing is to get into TV and movies production, see if they make the next blockbuster show.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#865 » by Quazza » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:56 am

killmongrel wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

I personally can't wait to just know his decision. If he stays, Ill be happy. If he leaves, I'm going to wish him all the success in the world that doesn't involve beating the Warriors.

exactly how I feel
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#866 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:14 pm

wco81 wrote:If he wants to own an NBA franchise, he's going to have to maximize his money.

As lucrative as that Nike deal is, probably second only to Lebron's deal among active NBA players, it's nothing compared to what Jordan gets from Nike, all these decades after retiring.

Yeah he'd have to rack up rings to raise his profile, sell more shoes. But with MJ and Lebron already out there and soon probably Zion, he's got a ceiling on shoe money.

So maybe the other thing is to get into TV and movies production, see if they make the next blockbuster show.
Let's say KD opted into his $~31M.

Could the Knicks sign Kyrie and Jimmy Butler and trade their other remaining pieces to GSW for KD?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#867 » by GswStorm3 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Quazza wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

I personally can't wait to just know his decision. If he stays, Ill be happy. If he leaves, I'm going to wish him all the success in the world that doesn't involve beating the Warriors.

exactly how I feel

I'm sick of all the speculation so I'm glad this is almost over.
wco81
RealGM

Post#868 » by wco81 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:54 pm

It's from Bucher so huge grain of salt but he claims to have heard that KD isn't happy with the Warriors about the injury, with talk of him feeling "misled" about the severity of the first injury, resulting in him getting the very serious second injury.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#869 » by Money_ » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:00 pm

wco81 wrote:It's from Bucher so huge grain of salt but he claims to have heard that KD isn't happy with the Warriors about the injury, with talk of him feeling "misled" about the severity of the first injury, resulting in him getting the very serious second injury.

I saw that too. First thing I said is "it's Bucher" as well... so it must be fluff
It's all just stirring the pot until free agency.

Cannot wait for all of this speculation to be over.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#870 » by BW32 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:01 pm

wco81 wrote:It's from Bucher so huge grain of salt but he claims to have heard that KD isn't happy with the Warriors about the injury, with talk of him feeling "misled" about the severity of the first injury, resulting in him getting the very serious second injury.

I'm pretty sure I saw that clip, he starts with saying something along the lines of no one knows what KD is thinking only to say he "believes" that KD felt misled. Basically standar Ric Bicher journalistic quality.
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#871 » by Jay 20 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:03 pm

Nobody forced him to play and he’s allowed to get a second opinion. He should have done his due diligence but my guess is he wanted to play and the Warriors wanted him to play and both said ok play it is.
wco81
RealGM

Post#872 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:16 pm

More and more pundits sounding certain that KD will leave, only question being if he will try to get a 5-year deal and a sign and trade.

Presumably he’s gotten indications teams will max him out despite the injury, which led him to opt out earlier this week.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#873 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:44 pm

KDs own doctor cleared him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#874 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Haynes, Bucher and Kawakami have some weird agenda against the Warriors. I know Haynes is Lebron’s PR guy so he’s just trying to spread discord to break up the Warriors and Kawakami’s always been a hater, but I don’t know what Bucher’s problem is.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#875 » by Jay 20 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:44 pm

The more I think about it the more I believe he is taking that 5 year $221 million contract. Now whether that means he actually stays with the Warriors or decides he wants traded that remains to be seen I guess.

With the uncertainty of an Achilles injury, he will probably want to get as much money as he possibly can because who knows? It is possible he never returns to the best version of himself. So all this waiting may be for nothing. He is going to sign with the Warriors and then there will be 6 more months of the wait and see game.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#876 » by Money_ » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:54 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Haynes, Bucher and Kawakami have some weird agenda against the Warriors. I know Haynes is Lebron’s PR guy so he’s just trying to spread discord to break up the Warriors and Kawakami’s always been a hater, but I don’t know what Bucher’s problem is.

Bucher got snubbed by the new ownership. Remember he was the sideline guy, had a radio show etc...
But he has always dabbled in non verified speculation.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#877 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Money_ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:Haynes, Bucher and Kawakami have some weird agenda against the Warriors. I know Haynes is Lebron’s PR guy so he’s just trying to spread discord to break up the Warriors and Kawakami’s always been a hater, but I don’t know what Bucher’s problem is.

Bucher got snubbed by the new ownership. Remember he was the sideline guy, had a radio show etc...

He was so awkward as the sideline guy even he should understand his firing.

He had a show on NBA radio after he got **** by 95.7 and that didn't last long either. Nobody would go on his show except BJ Armstrong, and all BJ would talk about is how NBA execs/owners (The Man) are screwing over all his clients :lol:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
DaHef
Pro Prospect

Post#878 » by DaHef » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:34 pm

Money_ wrote:

Can you imagine if reporting without naming or even just having credible resources was banned? These "newsfeeds" would have blank pages.
DaHef
Pro Prospect

Post#879 » by DaHef » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:36 pm

eminence wrote:Worlds biggest TPE?

What is the effect on the team giving the TPE? Is there any kind of cap hit or trade restrictions?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#880 » by xdrta+ » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:24 pm

DaHef wrote:
eminence wrote:Worlds biggest TPE?

What is the effect on the team giving the TPE? Is there any kind of cap hit or trade restrictions?

A trade exception is like a one year credit (they expire in one year) that over the cap teams can use to take back more salary than they send out. They can't be used to sign FAs, only for existing contracts from other teams. They could be used in a sign and trade, though. There's a few minor restrictions that probably wouldn't apply to the Warriors--they can't be combined with other exceptions, they can't be added to salaries to so they would match for a trade, that sort of thing.

A recent example is the Wizards, who used a trade exception to absorb the $4M+ salaries of the 3 players the Lakers are sending them, without having to send out any salary.

Return to Golden State Warriors