ImageImageImageImageImage

Al Horford

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Re: Al Horford 

Post#81 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:30 pm

Capela is about as bad a fit for this team as you can get.

Kings2016 I get your enthusiasm and excitement here for our team. Everyone wants to rush the process and compete right now.

But a lot of what you have to say sounds very much like a young fan who just wants their team to show relevance without regard to reality. As a lifelong basketball person I have to tell you a lot of what you are saying is 180 degrees from where this team is actually at. You have to understand fit and function based on what your core key players (ie - Fox; Bagley; Buddy; Harry) ate and build around that.
MA lot of what you are proposing (Vuc) are going to be far overpriced and are a horrid fit here. Others (Middleton) would be a fabulous fit but are unrealistic as not inky can their team pay them more (Zane he’s the clear number two guy there) but there are other teams that are more attractive NOW to him and his agent that can pay him just as much.
Kings2016
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#82 » by Kings2016 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:09 pm

On a sign in trade with Willie you could if you have the cap space add other payers to the deal. Its all based on available cap resources . I'm not giving a 33 year old center a 100 million dollar deal. I GUESS I WISH I OWNED THE TEAM! LOL.. those cap figure 31/29/27/25 are far more than you would pay for a 25 or 26 year old Capela 16.8/18/19.1/20.2.. and why is every opinion here when its a player other than Horford is that they wont fit with Bagley .. I think this is the biggest misconception.Good Basketball players adapt to there surroundings. Cauley-Stein fit with Bagley, Capela is much closer to Cauley-Stein as a player than Horford is. We have no idea how that would play out in either cause, there is a lot of assuming they can't play together.
Kings2016
Ballboy

Post#83 » by Kings2016 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:15 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:Capela is about as bad a fit for this team as you can get.

Kings2016 I get your enthusiasm and excitement here for our team. Everyone wants to rush the process and compete right now.

But a lot of what you have to say sounds very much like a young fan who just wants their team to show relevance without regard to reality. As a lifelong basketball person I have to tell you a lot of what you are saying is 180 degrees from where this team is actually at. You have to understand fit and function based on what your core key players (ie - Fox; Bagley; Buddy; Harry) ate and build around that.
MA lot of what you are proposing (Vuc) are going to be far overpriced and are a horrid fit here. Others (Middleton) would be a fabulous fit but are unrealistic as not inky can their team pay them more (Zane he’s the clear number two guy there) but there are other teams that are more attractive NOW to him and his agent that can pay him just as much.

OG YOUR ASSUMING YOU KNOW MY AGE. Your also making comments like you are in the Kings front office. Your not. You have no inside knowledge as to what they are gonna do. None of us know what they are gonna do. I'm giving scenarios that i would look at. I have been a Kings Fan since 85. Don't pretend to know me. You think your the only one who knows the fit of each and every freeagent that's been mentioned. Stop it. you don't. You don't have to like the scenarios i put out fine. But don't pretend to know anything about me, my age or my knowledge of the Kings and the players in the league and i will do the same for you.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#84 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:22 pm

Kings2016 wrote:On a sign in trade with Willie you could if you have the cap space add other payers to the deal. Its all based on available cap resources . I'm not giving a 33 year old center a 100 million dollar deal. I GUESS I WISH I OWNED THE TEAM! LOL.. those cap figure 31/29/27/25 are far more than you would pay for a 25 or 26 year old Capela 16.8/18/19.1/20.2.. and why is every opinion here when its a player other than Horford is that they wont fit with Bagley .. I think this is the biggest misconception.Good Basketball players adapt to there surroundings. Cauley-Stein fit with Bagley, Capela is much closer to Cauley-Stein as a player than Horford is. We have no idea how that would play out in either cause, there is a lot of assuming they can't play together.

Actually, we tried WCS next to Bagley. It was horrible. Fox was rendered useless with so many people clogging the paint. That's part of the reason Bagley was coming off the bench depsite being clearly superior to Bjelica.

Capella is not a good fit and is massively overpaid for what he is. He's about as limited a player as you can get in that he can do only one thing: roll to the rim and catch for dunk/layup and he doesn't even have good hands.

I guess what I'll ask to people who want Capella is this: what do you actually think he will bring to the table that will help us win?
Kings2016
Ballboy

Post#85 » by Kings2016 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:56 pm

Capela would bring a defensive presence, and a very capable rebounder who could run the floor a lot better than Horford at this point. That would help us win and the cap price would be less than those proposed for Horford. Why give a 33 years old 100 million? When earlier I read everyone talking about not giving money to Vucevic or Harris cause it kills cap space for the Hield, Fox, Bagley in the future.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#86 » by sacking123 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:10 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
Kings2016 wrote:On a sign in trade with Willie you could if you have the cap space add other payers to the deal. Its all based on available cap resources . I'm not giving a 33 year old center a 100 million dollar deal. I GUESS I WISH I OWNED THE TEAM! LOL.. those cap figure 31/29/27/25 are far more than you would pay for a 25 or 26 year old Capela 16.8/18/19.1/20.2.. and why is every opinion here when its a player other than Horford is that they wont fit with Bagley .. I think this is the biggest misconception.Good Basketball players adapt to there surroundings. Cauley-Stein fit with Bagley, Capela is much closer to Cauley-Stein as a player than Horford is. We have no idea how that would play out in either cause, there is a lot of assuming they can't play together.

Actually, we tried WCS next to Bagley. It was horrible. Fox was rendered useless with so many people clogging the paint. That's part of the reason Bagley was coming off the bench depsite being clearly superior to Bjelica.

Capella is not a good fit and is massively overpaid for what he is. He's about as limited a player as you can get in that he can do only one thing: roll to the rim and catch for dunk/layup and he doesn't even have good hands.

I guess what I'll ask to people who want Capella is this: what do you actually think he will bring to the table that will help us win?

The only thing I don’t agree with is Capela isn’t overlaid IMO. Not in the current NBA anyway. See what his deal looks like after this FA and it will look like a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#87 » by codydaze » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:22 pm

The biggest reason I'm more willing to overpay Horford than I would be for Vucevic or Harris is because I like what Horford brings to the table more than those guys. He's a much better facilitator from the high post and easily the best defender of the bunch. Also, Vuc and Harris really need 14+ shots a night in order to be at their most effective. Vuc was getting 17 shots a night and Harris was getting 15 shots even on that Philly squad with Embiid and Butler being volume scorers.

It's all a matter of fit, Fox/Buddy/Bagley is our main core and those are the guys you want taking the most shots, can we fit another player into the system that needs 15-17 shots a night? Would either of those two be as effective or productive when only getting 10-12 shots a night? Those are the questions you need to ask when looking at our FA options.

Obviously Capela doesn't need as many shots and wouldn't need the ball in his hands at all really but he's not a threat outside of 3 feet from the basket, offensively so you have to factor that in as well.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:41 pm

Kings2016 wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:Capela is about as bad a fit for this team as you can get.

OG YOUR ASSUMING YOU KNOW MY AGE. Your also making comments like you are in the Kings front office. Your not. You have no inside knowledge as to what they are gonna do. None of us know what they are gonna do. I'm giving scenarios that i would look at. I have been a Kings Fan since 85. Don't pretend to know me. You think your the only one who knows the fit of each and every freeagent that's been mentioned. Stop it. you don't. You don't have to like the scenarios i put out fine. But don't pretend to know anything about me, my age or my knowledge of the Kings and the players in the league and i will do the same for you.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 pm

Kings2016 wrote:

I’m calling what I see in front of my eyes by the things you are stating.

The internet never forgets.

And just to show how much you know about NBA players? Capela cannot shoot or facilitate. Vlade is looking for himself. He already has his Webber in Marvin. He has a combination of the rest in - only more talented - in the others.

If you really knew this you would realize he is reincarnating his old team.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,970

Post#90 » by dckingsfan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:30 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:...Actually, we tried WCS next to Bagley. It was horrible. Fox was rendered useless with so many people clogging the paint.

I am cherry picking here so forgive me... I think that once Fox/Bagley work out their P&R a lot of that goes away. But I do agree with you that a 5 that can stretch the D would be a more useful tool given that it is inevitable (IMO) that Fox/Bagley becomes the focal point of the offense.

And then there is the defensive side of the ball. I am not convinced that Bagley is up to the task this coming season. I think he will be eventually. So, who is the best fit on that side of the ball?

The only player that I see that is more or less a "perfect" fit would be Dedmon (I am flipflopping so again forgive me). On D I think he would be a solid compliment to Bagley being able to take the best FC player on the other team. On the offensive side he is definitely a stretch C with a low usage rate.

But I would still be happy with Vucevic. And if DeAndre Jordan became available - I could understand that with the notion that Bagley would need to be the player that would need to morph. I would also take Dieng in a trade where we also get Robert Covington.

There are sooo many options that lead us to the playoffs it gives me hope.
Kings2016
Ballboy

Post#91 » by Kings2016 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:21 am

OGSactownballer wrote:
Kings2016 wrote:

I’m calling what I see in front of my eyes by the things you are stating.

The internet never forgets.

And just to show how much you know about NBA players? Capela cannot short or facilitate. Vlade is looking for himself. He already has his Webber in Marvin. He has a combination of the rest in - only more talented - in the others.

If you really knew this you would realize he is reincarnating his old team.

Just as I said before you don’t have inside info and just because you think Vlade is looking for a player like him doesn’t mean he is.. you aren’t apart of the franchise so your assuming things and acting like your version is the only right version of things.. there are multiple options for the Kings and as I’ve said before me pointing out options doesn’t make me wrong and you right or vice versa. We are fans and the only skin we have in the game is rooting for the right move.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:43 am

Sound a lot like dozencousins.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#93 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:45 am

OGSactownballer wrote:Sound a lot like dozencousins.

I honestly kinda thought that, but I remember one thing dozencousins would do it put a space before and after his periods . Like such. Maybe he changed up? Because the tone is awfully similar
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#94 » by bleeds_purple » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:02 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:Sound a lot like dozencousins.

I honestly kinda thought that, but I remember one thing dozencousins would do it put a space before and after his periods . Like such. Maybe he changed up? Because the tone is awfully similar

Apparently he switched to ".." Hiding his tracks :lol: :lol:
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#95 » by bleeds_purple » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:09 am

dckingsfan wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:...Actually, we tried WCS next to Bagley. It was horrible. Fox was rendered useless with so many people clogging the paint.

I am cherry picking here so forgive me... I think that once Fox/Bagley work out their P&R a lot of that goes away. But I do agree with you that a 5 that can stretch the D would be a more useful tool given that it is inevitable (IMO) that Fox/Bagley becomes the focal point of the offense.

And then there is the defensive side of the ball. I am not convinced that Bagley is up to the task this coming season. I think he will be eventually. So, who is the best fit on that side of the ball?

The only player that I see that is more or less a "perfect" fit would be Dedmon (I am flipflopping so again forgive me). On D I think he would be a solid compliment to Bagley being able to take the best FC player on the other team. On the offensive side he is definitely a stretch C with a low usage rate.

But I would still be happy with Vucevic. And if DeAndre Jordan became available - I could understand that with the notion that Bagley would need to be the player that would need to morph. I would also take Dieng in a trade where we also get Robert Covington.

There are sooo many options that lead us to the playoffs it gives me hope.

Thing is, if you bring in a guy like Capella you are neutering the Fox/Bagley pick and roll to a degree. Capella is forced to stand on the baseline during this action which is a much easier rotation for the defense to make as compared to having a shooting big stand in the corner.

I agree with you on defense which is why I would like to bring in guys like Morris and Dedmon who can shore that side of the ball up without killing our spacing.

I feel like DeAndre is a big no to me. He either completely fell off or simply doesn't care anymore. Maybe coming to the Kings with all of the positive energy we had last season will make him get in shape and look more like his old self but it seems really risky.

Vuc is not a bad option but I would rather spend what appears to be 1/3 of the price on a guy like Dedmon. I truly don't believe paying a C large amounts of money is a winning move in today's environment.

Covington would be a good pickup. I'm totally down with a guy like him. But we already have Barnes who is more skilled and younger.

I have a lot of hope right now. If we assume Barnes is brought back, our positions of need are starting C, F (I really hope we can get a guy to displace Bjelica in the rotation), and backup PG. Luckily, there are many options at all of these slots. I will be very interested to see how it all pans out.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,970

Post#96 » by dckingsfan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:05 pm

I hear you... but Barnes could decide not to reup and Dedmon could also decide on elsewhere. If that happens - there are still options.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#97 » by codydaze » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:20 pm

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#98 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Will be interesting to see if there is already a mans agreement to this

I think the dots do connect, but this was before other centers that ‘might’ be more appealing possibly became available (even Vuc looks like more a possibility IMO given the landscape)
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#99 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:15 pm

2019 lol

Read on Twitter
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#100 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Thought they were down with Okafor..

Mixed emotions. I’d be down with Horford on that contract, but I prefer Capela/Vuc and don’t have a strong preference for Horford over Dedmon/Brook. So given the landscape I’m not mad yet. But will be if we end up in the cold

Return to Sacramento Kings