Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Re: The Official D'Angelo Russell Thread II 

Post#1601 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:18 pm

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

dlo's popularity is starting to grow...he needs to somehow become allstar starter nxt yr. get his own signature shoes.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#1602 » by JKiddy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 pm

I do not let DLO go.

I pair him with Kyrie if we get Kyrie.

We evaluate how they look this summer and into the winter.

I hope we can bring some solid FAs but I believe we should keep most of the core from last year so we move forward. I do not see us blowing it up entirely. It wouldn't make sense.

If we lose 3-5 guys and bring in 3-5 guys while building around LeVert, DLO, Allen, Harris, E Davis, Kurocs I think that is the right move unless we get a big big big fish!
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1603 » by kamaze » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:15 am

JKiddy wrote:I do not let DLO go.

I hope we can bring some solid FAs but I believe we should keep most of the core from last year so we move forward. I do not see us blowing it up entirely. It wouldn't make sense.

If we lose 3-5 guys and bring in 3-5 guys while building around LeVert, DLO, Allen, Harris, E Davis, Kurocs I think that is the right move unless we get a big big big fish!

I agree they added Prince now they need a power forward and another center to go along with big jay and Ed Davis. I'm thinking they can get that center in the draft.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1604 » by moonpie » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:45 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
moonpie
General Manager

Post#1605 » by moonpie » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Read on Twitter
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1606 » by Paradise » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:23 am

“*** Them Kids” - D’angelo

Read on Twitter
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1607 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:32 am

Paradise wrote:“*** Them Kids” - D’angelo

Read on Twitter

i wish he does that more in real nba games and not take advantage of lil kids like that lol.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1608 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:36 am

kamaze wrote:
JKiddy wrote:I do not let DLO go.

I agree they added Prince now they need a power forward and another center to go along with big jay and Ed Davis. I'm thinking they can get that center in the draft.

kyrie and dlo backourt would work..they just build that chemistry and trust and make plays for each other rather than just playing their own individual games when they're out there together on the court.
moonpie
General Manager

Post#1609 » by moonpie » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:21 pm

Read on Twitter
NetSymptom
Junior
And1: 115

Post#1610 » by NetSymptom » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:29 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
Paradise wrote:“*** Them Kids” - D’angelo

Read on Twitter

i wish he does that more in real nba games and not take advantage of lil kids like that lol.

Is it me, or do those kids look like the have the same size legs as DLO?
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1611 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:15 am

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

hope one day he can become as good as irving. right now irving is the better player, no doubt. keep working hard, dlo.
moonpie
General Manager

Post#1612 » by moonpie » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1613 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:56 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

hope one day he can become as good as irving. right now irving is the better player, no doubt. keep working hard, dlo.

I’m glad that while you pull for DLo, you still recognize his limitations and how other players at the same position are better.

The other site has become so toxic over this DLo situation.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#1614 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:16 pm

It's a bit hilarious(well to me) how strongly people have turned around about DLo. For almost half the season many Nets fans(especially on the other site) were very low on Russell and preferred Din.

In fact it was only till Din got hurt that Russell started to thrive and really solidify himself as a potential All Star. Now only a fe months later fans are staunchly against upgrading to Kyrie?

I love DLo but I recognize how much better Kyrie is. While Russell has potential, he still has a looonnggg way to go before he can get to All NBA level. Yes, he's only 23 but I don't see how he's going to get more explosive, increase hi FT rate and get the the basket more. His best bet is to reduce his turnovers(very possible) and become an elite 3pt shooter and playmaker. That's going to take at least 2 more seasons imo.

If we can get a prime Kyrie + KD, this is a no brainier and all Nets fans should be onboard even if it feels dirty to let go of Dlo.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#1615 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:40 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:It's a bit hilarious(well to me) how strongly people have turned around about DLo. For almost half the season many Nets fans(especially on the other site) were very low on Russell and preferred Din.

In fact it was only till Din got hurt that Russell started to thrive and really solidify himself as a potential All Star. Now only a fe months later fans are staunchly against upgrading to Kyrie?

I love DLo but I recognize how much better Kyrie is. While Russell has potential, he still has a looonnggg way to go before he can get to All NBA level. Yes, he's only 23 but I don't see how he's going to get more explosive, increase hi FT rate and get the the basket more. His best bet is to reduce his turnovers(very possible) and become an elite 3pt shooter and playmaker. That's going to take at least 2 more seasons imo.

If we can get a prime Kyrie + KD, this is a no brainier and all Nets fans should be onboard even if it feels dirty to let go of Dlo.

Yeah, I don’t get it either.

Plus, Look at how many players have improved with us from rookies to guys over 30. People love DLo because he had a 3 month stretch of improved play. Why can’t Kyrie take another step with Kenny, build up his body to remain healthy, and be a contender for the league’s top PG? He’s already a devastating closer and explosive scorer. I think it’s possible and much easier for him to add floor general qualities to his repertoire than it would be for Russell to add Kyrie’s elite penetrating, finishing, and scoring efficiency.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1616 » by kamaze » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:46 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:It's a bit hilarious(well to me) how strongly people have turned around about DLo. For almost half the season many Nets fans(especially on the other site) were very low on Russell and preferred Din.

You got it wrong didn't want Dinwiddie to start just that Dinwiddie was the more efficient player. Kyrie's a better individual talent but he had problems in Cleveland and Boston, you'd be naive to think it'll be any different here.

I'd rather keep what they have.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,831

Post#1617 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:22 pm

I will still be a fan of D'Angelo Russell's for life. I wish him the best success possible, he's a good dude.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,393

Post#1618 » by NapoleonII » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Suns are pretty desperate to get in on a Sign and Trade:

What do you guys need from them?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,831

Post#1619 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:15 pm

NapoleonII wrote:Suns are pretty desperate to get in on a Sign and Trade:

A protected 1st is a good start
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#1620 » by Keith Van Horn » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:33 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:Suns are pretty desperate to get in on a Sign and Trade:

A protected 1st is a good start

If we do a ST does any of Russell's salary work against us or is it all unloaded to Phoenix?

I'd take a top 5 protected first. Damn I wish they would've traded us #6 this past year and we could've taken Culver.

Return to Brooklyn Nets