Kevin Porter Junior

Moderator: jbk1234

Richfield
Pro Prospect
And1: 661

Kevin Porter Junior 

Post#1 » by Richfield » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:43 am

Welcome to the Cavaliers Mr. Porter!

Cavs fans here's a new vid somebody recently posted on youtube..

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 2,571

Re: Kevin Porter Junior 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:09 pm

there is stuff out there about his childhood, it was nothing short of brutal, I think he got a pass by CLE for the immaturity issues that apparently still exist ( never would have fallen to 30 otherwise) just too much gifted iso dominant scoring ability with proto size,length,nba strengths etc.
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:59 pm

Revenged25
Bench Warmer
And1: 381

Post#5 » by Revenged25 » Yesterday 3:16 pm

Honestly with the way he's played and been progressing, he would've been worth the #5 pick.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Yesterday 5:35 pm

Revenged25 wrote:Honestly with the way he's played and been progressing, he would've been worth the #5 pick.

Based on skillset alone I had him in the top 10 most of last year partially because of Little and Reddish sucking badly, but also because the amount of information regarding KPJ's suspensions and off court issues were still unclear until late so there were times I dropped him down some. I had CLE taking him at 5 in my mock which of course was Karma at its best when they got him at 30th... I just hope somehow the version of Garland we are seeing is based on him still not being strong enough and a victim of the org pushing development through fire.
the way he rarely attacks the rim and often settles for shots in the paint that dont require him to jump in traffic is a sign that is the case, but it's even more evident he might be "scared" out there of getting reinjured when he doesnt dunk or soft slam wide open fast break drives but throws up lower % shots with little elevation and misses usually.
anyway enough about garland, KPJ is the steal of the draft barring Bol doing something besides nothing
JonFromVA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,664

Post#7 » by JonFromVA » Today 7:25 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:Honestly with the way he's played and been progressing, he would've been worth the #5 pick.

Based on skillset alone I had him in the top 10 most of last year partially because of Little and Reddish sucking badly, but also because the amount of information regarding KPJ's suspensions and off court issues were still unclear until late so there were times I dropped him down some. I had CLE taking him at 5 in my mock which of course was Karma at its best when they got him at 30th... I just hope somehow the version of Garland we are seeing is based on him still not being strong enough and a victim of the org pushing development through fire.
the way he rarely attacks the rim and often settles for shots in the paint that dont require him to jump in traffic is a sign that is the case, but it's even more evident he might be "scared" out there of getting reinjured when he doesnt dunk or soft slam wide open fast break drives but throws up lower % shots with little elevation and misses usually.
anyway enough about garland, KPJ is the steal of the draft barring Bol doing something besides nothing

Kendrick Nunn must be the steal of the undraft then, lol.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers