Re: Lakers Interested In Danny Green, Terrence Ross, Seth Curry If They Break Up Space

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Lakers Interested In Danny Green, Terrence Ross, Seth Curry If They Break Up Space 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers will pursue Kawhi Leonard and D'Angelo Russell with their max salary cap space in free agency.

If the Lakers end up breaking the space into multiple players, they have interest in Danny Green, Terrence Ross and Seth Curry among others who would give them shooting.

The Lakers will have up to $32 million in space following their agreement with the Washington Wizards and the decision from Anthony Davis to waive his $4 million no trade clause.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Re: Lakers Interested In Danny Green, Terrence Ross, Seth Curry If They Break Up Space 

Post#2 » by inquisitive » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:30 pm

Seth 10mil, Ross 11mil, Green $11mil.....they better off giving Beverly 11 mil instead of one of those 3
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#3 » by RipCityKJ » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:42 pm

Please overpay Seth! He’s a good spot up 3 shooter like his dad but plays defense like his brother and he’s a very heat check kind of player. If he’s hot he’s involved 100% if he not getting shots or shooting well he’s like a lost kid out there. Anything over 5mil a year is too much.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#4 » by The_Hater » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:59 pm

So Laker brass now think that putting shooters around their stars is a good idea.

It seems like every basketball related person except Magic Johnson already knew this.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Sunhills007
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#5 » by Sunhills007 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:07 pm

The_Hater wrote:So Laker brass now think that putting shooters around their stars is a good idea.

It seems like every basketball related person except Magic Johnson already knew this.

LOL, correct. What the hell was Magic thinking? Way to blow last season by Magic.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#6 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:26 pm

Sign Kemba with max, give Curry the MLE, and have a veteran minimum auction for 9 roster spots.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#7 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:47 pm

i like ross or curry.
Batsy
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#8 » by Batsy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Sign Kemba with max, give Curry the MLE, and have a veteran minimum auction for 9 roster spots.

I can tell you aren't a Lakers fan or at the very least a rational one. I'm not giving a 6'1 shot first PG with limited playoff experience and a liability on defense, not happening if I was running the show.
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#9 » by arasu » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:34 pm

Assuming Kawhi signs elsewhere, maybe sign Russell for his max $27 million, then maybe Curry for the remaining $5 million. Then use the room exception on one or two 3-and-D guys, then vet minimum some shooter ring-chasers. From a balance standpoint, Beverly + Green + Ross would a great option, since the Lakers really need off-the-ball 3-&-D guys to play off of LeBron and AD. I give the nod to a guy like Russell first though, only because LeBron and AD will probably miss a bunch of games, and they'll need a leader/go-to scorer in those.
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#10 » by arasu » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:50 pm

Batsy wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:Sign Kemba with max, give Curry the MLE, and have a veteran minimum auction for 9 roster spots.

I can tell you aren't a Lakers fan or at the very least a rational one. I'm not giving a 6'1 shot first PG with limited playoff experience and a liability on defense, not happening if I was running the show.

Kemba isn't really a terrible idea. LeBron and AD will probably miss some games. Having a guy like Kemba to carry the offense in those games would be great. His numbers are nearly identical to Dame Lillard's numbers, and he does have 11 games of playoff experience. Kemba has been stuck playing along side a bunch of barely-in-the-NBA guys for too long. On a team with actual stars, he could shine. Even Kuzma is better than any of Kemba's teammates from last season. LeBron and the the Cavs had success with Kyrie, who had only 13 games of playoff experience before the season they won the championship, and Kyrie had some of the same flaws as Kemba.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#11 » by GBPackers47 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:11 pm

What I would give for just one article on what another team ‘might’ do in FA.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#12 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:08 am

I don't think it would be smart to overpay Curry. Green wouldn't be a bad idea on a 1 year deal considering he can play good defense even if his shot isn't always falling.
TorontoBaller
Analyst
And1: 1,390

Post#13 » by TorontoBaller » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:38 am

inquisitive wrote:Seth 10mil, Ross 11mil, Green $11mil.....they better off giving Beverly 11 mil instead of one of those 3

Looks like someone said, gimme a list of 3 good reasonably priced 3D guys.
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#14 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:17 am

GBPackers47 wrote:What I would give for just one article on what another team ‘might’ do in FA.

Three days before the start of one of the biggest NBA free agency periods in recent history you want hard hitting articles on who will be Las Vegas summer league?

This is the best part of the entire NBA season, it's when contenders are made.
Commit to the process
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#15 » by itsme23 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:51 am

TorontoBaller wrote:
inquisitive wrote:Seth 10mil, Ross 11mil, Green $11mil.....they better off giving Beverly 11 mil instead of one of those 3

Looks like someone said, gimme a list of 3 good reasonably priced 3D guys.

Danny Green is an excellent 3d player.

Seth has no defence to speak of.

Terrance is sporadic defensively and you cannot really rely on him.

What these players possess is excellent 3 point range. But out of all of them Danny is the player to get with Terrance a close second but way too inconsistent.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#16 » by Temuhjan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:43 am

Both Danny Green (Toronto Raptors) and Terence Ross (Orlando Magic) are likely to re-sign with their current teams
Temuhjan
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by Temuhjan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:46 am

Exactly what I am thinking!
Temuhjan
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Temuhjan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:50 am

Batsy wrote:

Do you miss Lonzo and his papa? If you want a tall pass-first point guard who play good defense, you can have him. Not sure if Bron agrees with you though. LOL
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,522

Post#19 » by dice » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:00 am

arasu wrote:
Batsy wrote:

Kemba isn't really a terrible idea. LeBron and AD will probably miss some games. Having a guy like Kemba to carry the offense in those games would be great. His numbers are nearly identical to Dame Lillard's numbers, and he does have 11 games of playoff experience. Kemba has been stuck playing along side a bunch of barely-in-the-NBA guys for too long. On a team with actual stars, he could shine. Even Kuzma is better than any of Kemba's teammates from last season. LeBron and the the Cavs had success with Kyrie, who had only 13 games of playoff experience before the season they won the championship, and Kyrie had some of the same flaws as Kemba.

you sign players primarily based on the assumption that all stars will be healthy in the playoffs. a backup primary option for the regular season is a luxury item that the lakers cannot afford
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,522

Post#20 » by dice » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:02 am

Temuhjan wrote:Both Danny Green (Toronto Raptors) and Terence Ross (Orlando Magic) are likely to re-sign with their current teams

if kawhi re-signs in toronto the chance that green doesn't get a big offer from them goes up. then again, kawhi re-signing might be influenced be keeping the supporting cast intact
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged

Return to Wiretap Discussion