ImageImageImage

2019 NBA Draft

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,346

Re: 2019 NBA Draft 

Post#1541 » by 76ciology » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:48 am

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#1542 » by PLO » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:03 am

PhilasFinest wrote:
Foshan wrote:Didn’t see King on the list, anyone know what happen to him? I wanted him at 42

Louis King?

Believe he signed a 2-way with the Pistons.

Yep King is with the Pistons, I doubt he's league material with all due respect to him.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#1543 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:38 pm

Keldon Johnson looking like ass so far in this Summer League game. Lonnie Walker is still doing nothing for me.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1544 » by BullyKing » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:38 am

Still missing the point where Brand said us punting on early 2nd round picks would all make sense. Still got 6 roster spots left.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#1545 » by youngcrev » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:47 am

BullyKing wrote:Still missing the point where Brand said us punting on early 2nd round picks would all make sense. Still got 6 roster spots left.

TJ, Amir, Boban, Ennis, Korkmaz, Justin Anderson... duh!
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1546 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:03 am

BullyKing wrote:Still missing the point where Brand said us punting on early 2nd round picks would all make sense. Still got 6 roster spots left.

Need every dollar we can get!
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#1547 » by Arsenal » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:06 am

Negrodamus wrote:

LOL what a joke. We're an under the cap team this year. Nothing but lies to cover for the typical pick sales to line the owner's pockets.

I'd have more respect if they just came out and admitted they sold 2nds because the owners need a new yacht lol.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#1548 » by zaz102 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:08 am

Negrodamus wrote:

Team definitely needs another six 2nd round picks on their roster to fill it out. What is Brand thinking?
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1549 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:19 am

zaz102 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Team definitely needs another six 2nd round picks on their roster to fill it out. What is Brand thinking?

Yea definitely, we need those spots taken up by the Anthony Tollivers of the world, right?
zaz102
Sixth Man

Post#1550 » by zaz102 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:40 am

Negrodamus wrote:
zaz102 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Yea definitely, we need those spots taken up by the Anthony Tollivers of the world, right?

I don't know much about Anthony Tollivers, but I imagine a bench full of TLC, Korkmaz, Andersons when competing in the playoffs. Truth be told, I like having rookies/2nd rounds pick on the team, but for everyone that pans out, many more will have zero impact in the NBA. Having a few of these lottery tickets are fine knowing that you can filter them out every year or so, but having a bench full of them for the playoffs would be a nightmare. For instance, even Bolden couldn't even move ahead of Monroe or Boban as bad as they were in the playoffs.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1551 » by BullyKing » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:47 am

zaz102 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
zaz102 wrote:

I don't know much about Anthony Tollivers, but I imagine a bench full of TLC, Korkmaz, Andersons when competing in the playoffs. Truth be told, I like having rookies/2nd rounds pick on the team, but for everyone that pans out, many more will have zero impact in the NBA. Having a few of these lottery tickets are fine knowing that you can filter them out every year or so, but having a bench full of them for the playoffs would be a nightmare. For instance, even Bolden couldn't even move ahead of Monroe or Boban as bad as they were in the playoffs.

You just saw a bench full of TLC, Korkmaz, Anderson types in the last two playoffs. Spoiler alert: They sucked. I'd rather gamble on the guy who is statistically likely to suck over the guys who we already know suck.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
zaz102
Sixth Man

Post#1552 » by zaz102 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:58 am

BullyKing wrote:
zaz102 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

You just saw a bench full of TLC, Korkmaz, Anderson types in the last two playoffs. Spoiler alert: They sucked. I'd rather gamble on the guy who is statistically likely to suck over the guys who we already know suck.

For the two years in the playoffs, none of these guys could get minutes over Belinelli, Ilyasova, Monroe, Boban, Ennis, Scott and Fultz lost his job to McConnell. As much those journeymen I listed suck, they had way greater of a positive impact than any of the young guns. And most we had were much higher picked than in the 2nd round. This isn't the Process Era, they're going to need guys to mitigate damage from 6-9 in the playoffs or they will struggle mightily in the playoffs. Could it be a 2nd round rookie? Maybe, but a vet is a lot more likely.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1553 » by BullyKing » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:03 am

zaz102 wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
zaz102 wrote:

For the two years in the playoffs, none of these guys could get minutes over Belinelli, Ilyasova, Monroe, Boban, Ennis, Scott and Fultz lost his job to McConnell. As much those journeymen I listed suck, they had way greater of a positive impact than any of the young guns. And most we had were much higher picked than in the 2nd round. This isn't the Process Era, they're going to need guys to mitigate damage from 6-9 in the playoffs or they will struggle mightily in the playoffs. Could it be a 2nd round rookie? Maybe, but a vet is a lot more likely.

They will have those guys, I assure you. They already have O'Quinn and Scott who would have been our two best bench options last year. They will add at least one or two more wings/guards including probably a "bigger ticket" item using our remaining space. No one is debating that. The question is who should be the guys in suits in the playoffs that don't even suit up. As you said, TLC, Korkmaz and Anderson never really got into the games. So why would you rather have them sitting in a suit in the playoffs than someone who might actually have potential?
NYSixersFan wrote:
zaz102
Sixth Man

Post#1554 » by zaz102 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:23 am

BullyKing wrote:
zaz102 wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

They will have those guys, I assure you. They already have O'Quinn and Scott who would have been our two best bench options last year. They will add at least one or two more wings/guards including probably a "bigger ticket" item using our remaining space. No one is debating that. The question is who should be the guys in suits in the playoffs that don't even suit up. As you said, TLC, Korkmaz and Anderson never really got into the games. So why would you rather have them sitting in a suit in the playoffs than someone who might actually have potential?

With the roster spots, that's literally one extra pick. I guess I'm more annoyed of the selling of the picks and trading up vs. punting. I understand the point of not needing to make 5 picks a draft, but you never know when a pick can be used for a trade or when you really need to take a few more bites of the apple.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1555 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:24 am

Read on Twitter

Sigh...
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#1556 » by BullyKing » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:30 am

zaz102 wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
zaz102 wrote:

With the roster spots, that's literally one extra pick. I guess I'm more annoyed of the selling of the picks and trading up vs. punting. I understand the point of not needing to make 5 picks a draft, but you never know when a pick can be used for a trade or when you really need to take a few more bites of the apple.

I don't really think you and I are all that far apart. I wanted them to use 1 or 2 of the 2nds, not all four.
NYSixersFan wrote:
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#1557 » by Kobblehead » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:08 am

Weatherspoon was looking nice earlier.

He, Nowell and Norvell were all obvious 2nd round offensive player draft hits to be had.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1558 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:38 am

Zero minutes for Dedric in the first. Play him you cowards!
smittybanton
Sixth Man
And1: 398

Post#1559 » by smittybanton » Tue Jul 2, 2019 10:47 am

Ahhhhhhh, basketball. good shooting displays from windler, guy and herro.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers