Kings FA Center Poll

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Who do you sign?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:47 pm

Nikola Vucevic, at over 28 million per year over 4 years
17%
Dedmon 15 million per, 3 year contract
33%
Lopez 16 millions per, 2 year guaranteed third year team option with mini guarantee
4%
Horford 30 million, insists on 4 years to come to Sacramento
13%
Cousins, although unlikely would come for 20 million per at two years
8%
WCS match all offers
8%
Other, cheaper alternative
17%

Total votes: 24

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Kings FA Center Poll 

Post#1 » by blind prophet » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:47 pm

So You are Vlade, have checked in with OKC about Adams, Houston about Capela. No deal seems likely. You have the following players as options at the center, agents tell you it's going to cost a Sacramento premium and you have to move fast.

You believe you gotta do this early in FA

Who do you choose?

Poll open for 10 days.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: Kings FA Center Poll 

Post#2 » by kalenclayton » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:03 pm

I chose “other”. All of those offers are too high.
-I draw the line at 4/$80for Vuc.
-Dedmon is my 2nd target if I can get him at 3/$30. No to 3/$45.
-Horford is my third target for 2/$60. I know it’s unlikely, but he’s extremely valuable to the Kings on a 2 year deal. 3 years is a maybe if it’s something like 3/$75. 4 is a no.
-Lopez just isn’t really a target for me unless we run out of options. I offer a 1-year deal at $20 million if we strike out.
-Willie gets too much hate around here. Even I am highly critical of him, but he can be good in the right role. $10 million per year is the absolute max I give him. He’s a tradable asset at that price.

If my Vuc, Dedmon, or Horford plans don’t work out, that’s fine. I don’t think we should be killing our space just because we have it. If those plans fail, look at either trades (Adams, Capela, Favors, other C) possibly with compensation or go for cheap, under-appreciated options in FA (Noel, Kaminski, Kleber, Holmes). We can go for a center by committee thing if need be.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#3 » by blind prophet » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:44 pm

I honestly feel like we would have to pay a Sacramento premium. If any of them came cheaper great. But I wanted to go with the most money they could make on a realistic scenario.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#4 » by OGSactownballer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:31 am

blind prophet wrote:I honestly feel like we would have to pay a Sacramento premium. If any of them came cheaper great. But I wanted to go with the most money they could make on a realistic scenario.

This is a realistic POV.

It’s the same point as with Oubre. We will have to give the most to get him away from PHX or anyone else. It’s just the facts.

I personally cannot see 15/yr for Dedmon and everyone saying that’s a great deal vs Al who brings WAY more to the table of what we need for about ten million more per. And he’s not going to be 30/yr that’s an exaggeration.

The rest of them I have ZERO interest in. I’d rather go out and get Richaun Holmes on a bargain deal and spend the money on wings/guards and have it available for trades with picks attached or consolidation deals.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#5 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:43 am

If those are the prices I would rather go cheaper and get Gortat for something like 2/15.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:02 am

I chose other with Thomas Bryant in mind. However if I had to chose one of the players listed in the poll I'd go with the cheaper Dedmon.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#7 » by sacking123 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:31 am

City of Trees wrote:I chose other with Thomas Bryant in mind. However if I had to chose one of the players listed in the poll I'd go with the cheaper Dedmon.

I chose Dedmon as well, however I would not be disappointed with the FO if they signed a few young guys to long term deals ie Bryant and others and split the cap space. The danger of that is what we have been great at over the years, not making the most of assets and not being able to get anything for them.

At the end of the day this FA frenzy is 1 year too late with our group IMO to line up perfectly. It can still work out, but there will be some overlap.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#8 » by jeffjtk1234 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:26 pm

I’m of the opinion that capela Vuc or horford with Barnes would be a phenomenal off season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#9 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:34 pm

City of Trees wrote:I chose other with Thomas Bryant in mind. However if I had to chose one of the players listed in the poll I'd go with the cheaper Dedmon.

Unfortunately I have been hearing that the Wiz are making him the main priority. But they only have like 12mil in cap and Bryant, Portis and Satoransky as RFA. Just depends how far they wanna go into the lux tax. If someone wants Bryant or Portis they may be able to poison pill them.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#10 » by donkeylips » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:17 pm

Brook Lopez or cousins
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#11 » by blind prophet » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:52 pm

Before any of you guys get bummed or do a cartwheel about the Vuc rumor to Orlando for 4/90.

Remember late in the game Vlade got Yogi and Bjelica.

Sure much smaller contracts, but wouldn't think it's over just yet.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#12 » by SactoKingsFan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:59 am

I'd prefer not signing any big name free agents over bringing Cousins back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Return to Sacramento Kings