Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

UPDATE: Willie Cauley-Stein QO rescinded [Amick]  

Post#1 » by City of Trees » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:01 am

Read on Twitter

How this effects free agency?

The QO is $6.3M (if he signs it)

His Caphold is $14M. Kings can withdraw QO offer to free up the cap at anytime. Willie would then become an unrestricted free agent.

Kings have a right to match the offer WCS signs with another team.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Re: Kings extend QO to Willie Cauley-Stein 

Post#2 » by KF10 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:14 am

Eww.

This Willie soap opera needs to end. I always hate how this stuff lingers.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#3 » by SmellingColors » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:15 am

This is a no brainer. Hopefully we can get a sign and trade out of this with some assets.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#4 » by KF10 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:26 am

SmellingColors wrote:This is a no brainer. Hopefully we can get a sign and trade out of this with some assets.

No it isn't.

It is a stupid decision by the Kings.

In what way restricted agency favors the Kings? What if the Kings match the bid and the other team said "naw, no thanks" now the Kings are stuck with this guy.

What are the Kings doing? Holding out for a home run deal and somehow get value from this guy? Holding out for a 2nd rounder at the expense of FA time and cap space is highly dumb. During the restricted FA time, the Kings will not maximize their cap space and fully invest their time in looking for targets. They should have renounce Willie and optimize the space they have and start on looking at better options at the 5.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,571

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:49 am

KF10 wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:This is a no brainer. Hopefully we can get a sign and trade out of this with some assets.

No it isn't.

In what way restricted agency favors the Kings? What if the Kings match the bid and the other team said "naw, no thanks" now the Kings are stuck with this guy.

What are the Kings doing? Holding out for a home run deal and somehow get value from this guy? Holding out for a 2nd rounder at the expense of FA time and cap space is highly dumb. During the restricted FA time, the Kings will not maximize their cap space and fully invest their time in looking for targets. They should have renounce Willie and optimize the space they have and start on looking at better options at the 5.
I hate this. I'd rather have just washed our hands and been done with it. Dont want this bum back, I've given up on him every succeeding here.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using RealGM mobile app
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#6 » by SmellingColors » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:09 am

KF10 wrote:

No it isn't.

They can renounce the offer whenever they want and if another team offers anything approaching their ceiling they don't have to match. As it is, we have a reserve big at less than $7 million. Your logic is that if we match a potential offer then potentially we could be screwed, but I don't see why that keeps us from extending a QO.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#7 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:21 pm

SmellingColors wrote:
KF10 wrote:

No it isn't.

They can renounce the offer whenever they want and if another team offers anything approaching their ceiling they don't have to match. As it is, we have a reserve big at less than $7 million. Your logic is that if we match a potential offer then potentially we could be screwed, but I don't see why that keeps us from extending a QO.

Exactly, it's plainly about keeping all options open. This doesn't stop us from focusing on anyone else and we can dump the offer anytime. Like you said, no brainer.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#8 » by enderwilson » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:20 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SmellingColors wrote:
KF10 wrote:
No it isn't.

Exactly, it's plainly about keeping all options open. This doesn't stop us from focusing on anyone else and we can dump the offer anytime. Like you said, no brainer.

If extending a QO is stupid, letting him walk for nothing is worse. While I DO NOT want him on the roster next year, having a player of WCS caliber at 6.2 million is an asset that teams would be willing to trade for. Not extending the QO nets a big zero.

In the end he still might turn into a big fat zero, but at least now the Kings can explore possible sign and trades. At the worst we're forced to keep him, but at that point he turns into a very tradable asset.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#9 » by City of Trees » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:33 am

UPDATE : WCS QO rescinded
Read on Twitter
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: UPDATE: Willie Cauley-Stein QO rescinded [Amick]  

Post#10 » by City of Trees » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:35 am

Bye Willie
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#11 » by blind prophet » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:45 am

Wish you the best WCS!

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#12 » by KF10 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:47 am

Bye bye Willie.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#13 » by Silver Man » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:02 pm

Definitely will not miss WCS or his run killing elbow jump shots.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#14 » by kb02 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:09 pm

Kings question his desire. He thinks he should be a wing. Have heard third hand that there are some off the court things, which explains the look like a stud one night, provides 0 points and 0 rebounds the next night inconsistencies. Javale McGee career 2.0.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#15 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:14 pm

kb02 wrote:Kings question his desire. He thinks he should be a wing. Have heard third hand that there are some off the court things, which explains the look like a stud one night, provides 0 points and 0 rebounds the next night inconsistencies. Javale McGee career 2.0.

What off the court things have you heard?
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#16 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:33 pm

Is it wrong that I take joy in this 2 year/6 mil dollar deal WCS is about to receive?

Not only did he drive me crazy, but he needs to learn respect and how bad he actually is, then maybe he’ll play with some conviction (to stay in the league at all)
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#17 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:22 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Is it wrong that I take joy in this 2 year/6 mil dollar deal WCS is about to receive?

Not only did he drive me crazy, but he needs to learn respect and how bad he actually is, then maybe he’ll play with some conviction (to stay in the league at all)

I guess it depends on your moral code and if you believe in karma and whatnot...

Wishing ill on someone you don't know at all can't be good mojo.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#18 » by kb02 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:33 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
kb02 wrote:Kings question his desire. He thinks he should be a wing. Have heard third hand that there are some off the court things, which explains the look like a stud one night, provides 0 points and 0 rebounds the next night inconsistencies. Javale McGee career 2.0.

What off the court things have you heard?

I'd rather not say, since it's third hand, so I don't know if it's true.

What I do know first hand is that Willie has always thought of himself as more than a basketball player. I ran into him a few times when he would crash at Boogie's midtown condo (where Boogie used to hang before and after games). And where Kosta used to live as well. My buddy lived in the same condo building. Would crash there when I was in town. WCS was a friendly dude. Typical early 20 something. One of his first purchases was a Porsche with the Thrill license plate--couldn't miss it in the parking garage. On the other hand, Boogie was always somber, the few times I met him, I would say whats up and the most I would get was a nod or nothing at all. While Kosta seemed to be a happy go lucky, in love dude (his girl was always on him)--my buddy says Kosta lived extremely below his means (simple car, simple condo, etc). Anyway, hindsight being 20/20 and all, the fact that WCS gave himself an alter ego and then put that alter ego on his license plate seems to indicate that instead of being a max player type of foundation piece, the Kings would cut bait after one contract. Hoops, until he proves otherwise, is a means to a different end. He may figure it out on his next contract or his 4th. My bet, he ends up having a Javale McGee like career. Will make $40 to $60M, but will end up leaving a few hundred milly on the table. Hope I'm wrong, he finds focus, and ends up thriving. Time will tell.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#19 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:54 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Is it wrong that I take joy in this 2 year/6 mil dollar deal WCS is about to receive?

I guess it depends on your moral code and if you believe in karma and whatnot...

There is no “ill”, he’s still going to be paid and have other avenues that will make his life more plush than 96%+ of Americans no matter what happens

But listening for years to his ego and excuses, from the POrzingis until his agent blaming the Kings for his career mishaps while requesting the Kings not to pick up his option, one gets the feeling as if s wake up call has always been needed. Then he won’t take his skills for granted
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#20 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:17 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:[b]Is it wrong that I take joy in this 2 year/6 mil dollar deal WCS is about to receive?[/b]

There is no “ill”

You being happy that things aren't going well for him counts in my book. Yes, it's relative because he will still be a millionaire but it's the emotion and moral dilemma which was asked about so that is how I responded.

This doesn't have to be a back in forth. You asked a question. I gave my opinion to be taken or left.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Sacramento Kings