Sign Beasley to extension. And juancho
Carmelo and cousins bring KD
Durant for Gary Harris and thrill Barton

Murray/Bogdan/Beasley
Torrey Craig
Wiggins/mpj/juancho
*KD/Carmelo/Vanderbilt/Bolbol
Jokic/Cousins/welsh

Sounds like a plan any of the Nuggets' opponents would love - and that is not sarcasm.
Millsap for Wiggins seems ridiculous.
Cousins & Melo seem unlikely and not necessarily good fits.
It seems likely that Durrant will require more than Harris & Barton.

I do like the Bogdan-Bjelica suggestion though, as well as the Beasley-Hernangomez plan.

If Durant decides to go somewhere the Warriors would be lucky to get anything back.

Warriors are going to have serious problems being a playoff team and/or running curry into the ground without Durant or Klay. Gary Harris AND even Barton could be great for GS. ESP Harris as a bodyguard for curry.
Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Re: Bol Bol 

Post#22 » by Coeur » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:31 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Does anyone else believe it possible that Bol & Porter live up to their potential?

Jokic - Bol - Porter - Harris - Murray
and
Vanderbilt - Hernangomez - Craig - Beasley - Morris (for a small-ball 2nd string).

It’s pretty crazy to think about. Those 2 and even Vanderbilt should scare the **** out of the rest of the nba.

I still am sad at my dream of adding a super defender to that group like Brandon Clarke but even still this forward group being assembled is exciting

Kenny Wooten is the undrafted guy I still think could fit the 17 really well with a chance of developing into a contributed. And I like Bjelica a lot if a 6 million dollar trade was available w the kings. (Bogdan is almost equal to me in thinking they are the 2 missing pieces to becoming a championship team)
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#23 » by psimanic1 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:01 am

I don't know why are you so high on Wiggins, guy doesn't want to play, to work on himself, to try and be better, if anything, we should look at Jabari Parker, he showed much more than Wiggins and he had like 15 more injuries than him, that should tell you enough about how goog can Wiggins be.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#24 » by Alatan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Im pretty high on Bol Bol. Could be a mix of KD and Porzingis. I think his ideal position is the 4 and he could play next to Jokic. Im not that high on MPJ but i think he could be a similar player to Gallinari witch aint bad. Hoping they both pan out but i doubt that we will be able to fit MPJ in longterm.

In the future i could see a lineup of

Jokic/Bol
Bol/Porter
Craig
Harris
Murray
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#25 » by U hova » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Given the fact that Porzingis has played less games every year that comparison might not be too far off...
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#26 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:25 pm

Given his slight stature, I can't see Bol getting over 225lbs in his career, even that might be detrimental to his frame. Regardless, I feel he'll get pushed around at either C or PF so I'd say it's best playing backup C, playing 10-18mpg. These are men he's playing against, not college/HS players, things will get tougher and rougher which doesn't play to his strengths. At the 10-20min range he'll should be playing against the 2nd stringers where his talent will have a better chance to shine IMO. No way do I see him becoming a starter, especially not at 210lbs where many guards in this league outweigh him. I could be wrong but I do feel like history supports my thought process.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#27 » by TunaFish » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:41 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Given his slight stature, I can't see Bol getting over 225lbs in his career, even that might be detrimental to his frame. Regardless, I feel he'll get pushed around at either C or PF so I'd say it's best playing backup C, playing 10-18mpg. These are men he's playing against, not college/HS players, things will get tougher and rougher which doesn't play to his strengths. At the 10-20min range he'll should be playing against the 2nd stringers where his talent will have a better chance to shine IMO. No way do I see him becoming a starter, especially not at 210lbs where many guards in this league outweigh him. I could be wrong but I do feel like history supports my thought process.

You could be right. On the other hand, height plus shooting matters and he has both. If he were 250 lbs we would have no shot at him in the second round. He has been taught some basketball probably while living in Kansas (I think that's where he grew up). He has always been a top prospect. He looks like he can play at the NBA level based on his college play.

He was hitting 3 pointers from way beyond the college 3 point line. I was surprised at his ability to shoot off balance, off one foot or while gliding to the basket (a little Jokic maybe without the passing). He doesn't play to physical contact but he was making some shots that you only see from gifted shooters. If he is not a banger (and he is not) then he is a wing, 7' 2" wing. If there is anything to not like about his shooting, it is his low release point. On a seven footer that's not too low.

At the same time he can rebound in double digits so you have to slide him to the basket after a missed shot. On defense he is a shot blocker just like Manute. If he had finished his college season with the numbers he produced pre-injury, we would be talking about a likely top 10 or top 5 pick.

Maybe it is just hopeful thinking but he sure looks like he has the tools you are looking for and the questions are his injuries and whether he can be coached. We have to see him play before we can make any reasonable judgment.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#28 » by skywalker33 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:50 pm

Not saying Jokic and Bol couldn’t play some together, Bol seems to have some shooting skill, very beneficial forJokic-offense. But I see him taking over for Plumlee, good defensive C, can score a bit, nice rebounder etc

will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#29 » by will » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:06 am

Bol Bol best pure shooter in this draft class.
skywalker33

Post#30 » by skywalker33 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:08 am

will wrote:Bol Bol best pure shooter in this draft class.

:lol: :lol: I hope you're right 8-)

will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#31 » by will » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:09 am

skywalker33 wrote:
will wrote:Bol Bol best pure shooter in this draft class.

:lol: :lol: I hope you're right 8-)

Mans shooting stroke is mechanically beautiful. Fluid. With his height? Sheesh. Nobody blockin'. He shoots the ball with confidence (albeit a very small Oregon sample size) and with a purpose.

His ball handling for a 7 footer is tremendous.

Bol Bol will help provide some more room for everyone on the floor to operate.

The question is will his legs/feet hold up. His health is the ultimate wild card. I'm not buying that horsefeces about him not loving the game and blah blah blah. Forgive a kid if he has interests outside of hoops. Tacko Fall - I see you!

MIami messed up. Great opportunity to pair Bam with Bol Bol. Ah well...Nuggets gain.
skywalker33

Post#32 » by skywalker33 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:24 am

Malone meets the Bol-zilla

Read on Twitter

Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#33 » by Manolito » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:27 pm

When is he signing his contract? I assume he will get a Morris/Vanderbilt contract.

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using RealGM mobile app
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#34 » by Sinobas » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:48 pm

I only got to see him play a few times at Oregon, and the ceiling I saw for him was Dirk Nowitski, in terms of having that unstoppable shot. Though he mostly played against crap competition early in the season.

But the fact that his bones gave out after only 9 games is a really bad sign. The medicals on him must have been atrocious, or someone would have picked him sooner. NBA teams wouldn't pass on a guy with that size/shooting ability otherwise. He's probably going to be another Greg Oden, play well enough to give you hope then have his career ruined by injuries.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#35 » by TunaFish » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Sinobas wrote:I only got to see him play a few times at Oregon, and the ceiling I saw for him was Dirk Nowitski, in terms of having that unstoppable shot. Though he mostly played against crap competition early in the season.

But the fact that his bones gave out after only 9 games is a really bad sign. The medicals on him must have been atrocious, or someone would have picked him sooner. NBA teams wouldn't pass on a guy with that size/shooting ability otherwise. He's probably going to be another Greg Oden, play well enough to give you hope then have his career ruined by injuries.

Stress fractures in athletes are not that unusual. Stress fractures ended the seasons of players like Brook Lopez, Javale McGee, Jrue Holiday and Joel Embiid. There is a interesting article about this at:

https://hoopshabit.com/2014/06/23/serious-stress-fractures-nba-players/

It's true that Oden and Yao Ming could not play after having serious medical issues but it is equally not certain that any athlete will not recover or play in the future. There are a number of remedies including rest, diet and orthotics that can aid anyone. You certainly would not give up an opportunity to draft him based on a stress fracture. Would you pass on Joel Embiid? Bol Bol is a solid second round pick.
Canned in Denver.
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#36 » by Mac1958 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Bol, Vanderbilt, Porter Jr.....

Talk about guarded optimism. But boy, that could be something pretty neat.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#37 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:29 pm

TunaFish wrote:
Sinobas wrote:I only got to see him play a few times at Oregon, and the ceiling I saw for him was Dirk Nowitski, in terms of having that unstoppable shot. Though he mostly played against crap competition early in the season.

Stress fractures in athletes are not that unusual. Stress fractures ended the seasons of players like Brook Lopez, Javale McGee, Jrue Holiday and Joel Embiid. There is a interesting article about this at:

https://hoopshabit.com/2014/06/23/serious-stress-fractures-nba-players/

It's true that Oden and Yao Ming could not play after having serious medical issues but it is equally not certain that any athlete will not recover or play in the future. There are a number or remedies including rest, diet and orthotics that can aid anyone. You certainly would not give up an opportunity to draft him based on a stress fracture. Would you pass on Joel Embiid? Bol Bol is a solid second round pick.

A few decades ago, stress fractures were even more difficult to overcome. Bill Walton's career is just one sample.
TunaFish
Head Coach

Post#38 » by TunaFish » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:43 am

NuggetsWY wrote:A few decades ago, stress fractures were even more difficult to overcome. Bill Walton's career is just one sample.

Bill Walton played 10 years in the NBA, won 2 championships, finals mvp in 1977, 1st team all NBA and league MVP. He missed a fair amount of time during his career due to injury but still managed huge numbers.

That's a lot of work on any foot so it came as no surprise when he retired but he was starting to slip over time and he may have been playing on his fracture which is also not uncommon for the day. I think he knew anyway that his illustrious career was coming to an end due to wear and tear and he was just done. He also had a chance to make some money on TV.
Canned in Denver.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#39 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:37 am

TunaFish wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:A few decades ago, stress fractures were even more difficult to overcome. Bill Walton's career is just one sample.

Bill Walton played 10 years in the NBA, won 2 championships, finals mvp in 1977, 1st team all NBA and league MVP. He missed a fair amount of time during his career due to injury but still managed huge numbers.

That's a lot of work on any foot so it came as no surprise when he retired but he was starting to slip over time and he may have been playing on his fracture which is also not uncommon for the day. I think he knew anyway that his illustrious career was coming to an end due to wear and tear and he was just done. He also had a chance to make some money on TV.

I was overseas (in the Pacific) when the Blazers began. We got every game on TV (a rare thing back then - too many blackouts and not so many channels). When we came back to the States, we moved to Portland. I couldn't get many Nuggets games even on the radio, but I actually worked in the same building as the Blazers offices. I managed to acquire tickets now & then. I was there during Walton's issues.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#40 » by Alatan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:42 am

I dont know how good or bad are Bols medicals but i heard his foot is completely healed. Heard that he has some knee questions but also heard that its all hogwash. Anyway Bol being on the lighter side actually helps him. Stress fractures are worse the heavier you are. He just need some time to gain strength and stamina and he will be fine.

If Thon Maker can play minutes in the NBA without a shot and a shorter wingspan, Bol Bol can play too. That is if he stays healthy.

Return to Denver Nuggets