ImageImageImageImageImage

The Board Man Cometh!! Kawhi Leonard Signs 3 Year (2+1), $103 Million Deal

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Re: Kawhi Leonard? 

Post#1041 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:04 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Kawhi and KD have discussed playing together?

Per Woj.

Clippers?
Knicks?
I would be shocked if the Knicks land anyone. Maybe Kyrie, bc he seems to only care about being the best player and putting up numbers, but that's about it. The Knicks are a mess and Dolan is a piece of ****.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,236

Post#1042 » by Clemenza » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:14 pm

This is why I was against the team stanning and dyck-riding Kawhi or any top free agent all throughout the season. You do all that sh*t and put in all that work then in the 12th hour a new team slips in. This is like chasing a female you like but she already has a boyfriend. Simply fall back and wait until she's single and then 'shoot your shot' and let it be. All that extra chasing players and whatnot if fruitless and a waste of time.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#1043 » by mkwest » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,236

Post#1044 » by Clemenza » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:29 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Honestly, this whole thing is just getting tiresome at this point. The NBA needs to move free agency even earlier to get this drama over with quicker in the future.

Its tiresome asf but its keeping the league in the news year round which is a boon for the NBA. They love this
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,222

Post#1045 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:44 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Kawhi and KD have discussed playing together?

Per Woj.

Clippers?
Knicks?

The Knicks being mentioned makes me skeptical because they're not even getting a meeting with Kawhi.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Waiting on Bean Counters 

Post#1046 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:15 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Honestly, this whole thing is just getting tiresome at this point. The NBA needs to move free agency even earlier to get this drama over with quicker in the future.
mttwlsn16 wrote:FA in all sports should start one week after the season ends. Give players and teams up until then to decide on options.
Galloisdaman wrote:I could not agree more. Make a 2 week period that encourages everyone to make things happen. If I was a big name free agent I would get a nice hotel room in a Vegas. I would schedule 2 hour meetings with each suitor. I'd be eating and gambling by 6pm and have a deal by the next day. There really is not that much to talk about for some max guys. They already know most the contract numbers. You can only plan so much. Things (including players and coaches) change fast in pro sports.

To be fair, I think they can't since they need to wait for the accountants to finalize the revenue-sharing numbers in order to set the official salary cap for next season. We've already heard that the cap is projected to basically remain the same, but they need to finalize the numbers. And, if there was a significant and unexpected rise or drop in revenue somehow, the max amount would be different than what it currently is at the moment.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Woj on Kawhi & KD Possibly Joining Forces (K-Force?) 

Post#1047 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Stephen A. Smith: Parrot of the False Narrative 

Post#1048 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:33 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:

:roll:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Ranma
RealGM

Funny Social-Media Take on Kawhi, KD & Sweet Lou Trio 

Post#1049 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Local Reporters Trying to Make a Name for Themselves During Rumor Season 

Post#1050 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:25 pm

I'd love nothing more than to embrace reporting that says Kawhi is a lock to join the Clippers, but the free-agent frenzy of rumor season has every Tom, Dick and Harry with a press credential trying to provide scoops in attempts to vault themselves into the spotlight when their respective reputations are less than credible.

Pingalore is the same idiot who went on a Dodgers telecast and claimed to know Carlos Gonzalez "back in their days in Orlando together" but interviewed a totally different player, whom he had to look at the back of his jersey to identify.

Now you also have some Lakers homer on Fox speculating that we'd be interested in Brook Lopez.

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Nothing is official until it's from the Clippers Press Release.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Ongoing Magic Soap Opera 

Post#1051 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: Waiting on Bean Counters 

Post#1052 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:57 pm

Ranma wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:FA in all sports should start one week after the season ends. Give players and teams up until then to decide on options.
Galloisdaman wrote:I could not agree more. Make a 2 week period that encourages everyone to make things happen. If I was a big name free agent I would get a nice hotel room in a Vegas. I would schedule 2 hour meetings with each suitor. I'd be eating and gambling by 6pm and have a deal by the next day. There really is not that much to talk about for some max guys. They already know most the contract numbers. You can only plan so much. Things (including players and coaches) change fast in pro sports.

To be fair, I think they can't since they need to wait for the accountants to finalize the revenue-sharing numbers in order to set the official salary cap for next season. We've already heard that the cap is projected to basically remain the same, but they need to finalize the numbers. And, if there was a significant and unexpected rise or drop in revenue somehow, the max amount would be different than what it currently is at the moment.

I'm sure there are some details I'm ignoring. I just want a better faster system than this one. I think all the media, fan and team begging gets old. I think over the years some guys let themselves be courted when they knew most the time what they were going to do. I don;t know. I just know its getting old. Its like going to a restaurant with someone I know who asked the waiter 20 questions, samples 2 different wines and then orders what she always orders anyway.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Ranma
RealGM

A Little Too Early to Jump the Gun 

Post#1053 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Woj to the Rescue? 

Post#1054 » by Ranma » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#1055 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:13 pm

As much as I respect pre injury KD I think its a risky move to offer him a 4 year max deal when he may not even play next season.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#1056 » by Vae Victus » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:15 pm

I dont think BroLo would be a huge enticement for Kawhi, but if he wants BroLo, ****, lets sign BroLo to the Room Exception.

What to do with Gallo is contingent on whether another max FA joins, which appears unlikely. Is KD really gonna walk away from a 5 yr 220mil deal from GSW after suffering a brutal achilles tear.

I mean personally, if it takes signing the injured KD to get Kawhi to sign on the dotted line, then u trade Gallo and go get KD. Next year is gonna be rough as there's a 36mil dollar hole in the lineup as the team waits on KD to rehab. So i dunno if Kawhi is cool with having to carry that hard with KD out. Now if KD comes back healthy in 2020 then the Clippers are now a legit superteam.

Risky, but i guess, it should be worthwhile as it denies the Lakers Kawhi and forming an insane Superteam. Lakers whiffing on FA would be a literal deathknell as their franchise is literally gonna die if they dont win at least 2 chips then suffer the fate of BRK post Billy King.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,911

Post#1057 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:15 pm

Clemenza wrote:This is why I was against the team stanning and dyck-riding Kawhi or any top free agent all throughout the season. You do all that sh*t and put in all that work then in the 12th hour a new team slips in. This is like chasing a female you like but she already has a boyfriend. Simply fall back and wait until she's single and then 'shoot your shot' and let it be. All that extra chasing players and whatnot if fruitless and a waste of time.

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

There is Kawhi. Then there's everybody else.

[Durant too, but the buying signs weren't there yet. Kawhi already indicated he wanted to go UFA and get home to SoCal.]
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1058 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:20 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Ranma wrote:

I'm sure there are some details I'm ignoring. I just want a better faster system than this one. I think all the media, fan and team begging gets old. I think over the years some guys let themselves be courted when they knew most the time what they were going to do. I don;t know. I just know its getting old. Its like going to a restaurant with someone I know who asked the waiter 20 questions, samples 2 different wines and then orders what she always orders anyway.

The speculation and free publicity for the NBA is at a frenzy. Still on the front page of every sports section in country and dominating sports talk radio--in the offseason!

This is gold for the NBA.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#1059 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:58 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
Ranma wrote:

The speculation and free publicity for the NBA is at a frenzy. Still on the front page of every sports section in country and dominating sports talk radio--in the offseason!

Do they really need it? I would think most the people reading stories of NBA FA were fans already.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1060 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:07 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

Do they really need it? I would think most the people reading stories of NBA FA were fans already.

No publicity is bad, especially free pub. The only downside would be turning off those fans, as some have mentioned here.

But here you are, posting 10 times a day!! :D

Return to Los Angeles Clippers