Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,917

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#21 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
hwkfan wrote:Any interest in Gordon Hayward? Not sure he is in the plans for the Cs anymore. Would give us a good leader/potential all star at a position of need. Contract comes up in 2 years when we should really be players in free agency. Not sure what it would take and don't like dealing with Boston. But if we could get him without giving away the farm I think he'd be an excellent fit.

I'd be in favor of it. But because of his heavy contract, slow injury recovery and paltry production, I wouldn't give up much.

Hell, I'd actually like to be compensated for the trouble.

I'd do something like:

Kent Bazemore, #17

for Gordon Hayward and #14.

Celtics get free of his albatross of a contract a year early -- while we move up three spots higher in the draft and get a vet SF.

Whaaat.....noooo.
Move up 3 spots to take on an extra $13.5 mil this season???
Plus, $34.1 million next season for FREE???????? :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
Pass, pass, pass.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#22 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:11 pm

Wondering if this public acknowledgement that he doesn't want to keep the 2nd rounders has proven to help or hinder that objective. Not that anyone here would know, but just throwing it out there. I could imagine it increases the phone calls, but also could imagine it emboldens the other teams' GMs to make incredible low-ball offers.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#23 » by D21 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:56 am

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Wondering if this public acknowledgement that he doesn't want to keep the 2nd rounders has proven to help or hinder that objective. Not that anyone here would know, but just throwing it out there. I could imagine it increases the phone calls, but also could imagine it emboldens the other teams' GMs to make incredible low-ball offers.

Right, it's a bit like saying out loud "nobody he's worth a 2nd round pick in this draft, I don't want these 2nd rnd picks"
It's still logic since he has 3 frist rund picks, but it doesn't look like a good thing to scream it like that.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#24 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Who would be against giving them the 35th for a long defensive backup PG?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#25 » by jayu70 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:55 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm in
Hazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,127

Post#26 » by Hazer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:06 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm in

All day long and twice on Sunday.
Hazerbeamidge :guitar:
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#27 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:28 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Would have to know that the salary wouldn't get in the way of a larger deal of some kind, and/or that he's actually someone that Schlenk has coveted and believes has a future in ATL beyond the rookie contract. Those next years aren't insignificant amounts...

Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#28 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:36 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Would have to know that the salary wouldn't get in the way of a larger deal of some kind, and/or that he's actually someone that Schlenk has coveted and believes has a future in ATL beyond the rookie contract. Those next years aren't insignificant amounts...

True but we need a backup PG and the idea of us signing a vet likely would have been more expensive than this. If it pans out, it’s a value trade imo.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#29 » by jayu70 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

There was a trade deadline rumor between NYK/Hawks re: Frank. Hawks passed at that time, ask might have been too high then.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#30 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:
_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

True but we need a backup PG and the idea of us signing a vet likely would have been more expensive than this. If it pans out, it’s a value trade imo.

Doubtful that we'd sign an expensive vet this season or next to be back-up PG.
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#31 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:15 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:
_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:

Doubtful that we'd sign an expensive vet this season or next to be back-up PG.

I meant expensive in comparison to Frank. Of course PatBev won’t break the bank but I would take Frank’s salary over what Pat likely gets paid this summer.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#32 » by kg01 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:29 pm

With Howard opting into his $5mil or w/e deal, and the 'Zards likely wanting to move on ... should we be a pal and let them trade him into our space (and immediately waive him) in exchange for them attaching a future 1st?

With the Wall deal on the books and the Beal-deal on the horizon and them probably matching any offers on Bryant, they need to save some dough.
king01 :king:
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#33 » by saloonyk8 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:04 pm

What would a star trade for Giannis look like next summer? Collins and Cam? Would that be enough, I don't think so. Just wondering how to get Giannis in Atlanta
Commit to the process
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#34 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:17 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:What would a star trade for Giannis look like next summer? Collins and Cam? Would that be enough, I don't think so. Just wondering how to get Giannis in Atlanta

Live look at MIL Front Office's response:

Spoiler:

If NOP just got a king's ransom for one year of AD...I'm guessing the MVP in his prime might get just a tad more.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#35 » by D21 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:11 pm

Better build without thinking about getting Giannis one day, but still learn from the mistake that a little trade up in his draft would have brought him here ;-)
At least, the actual GM seems to be able to trade up or down to get the player they want, we will see if he continue to pick the right guys
jayu70
RealGM

Post#36 » by jayu70 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:11 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:What would a star trade for Giannis look like next summer? Collins and Cam? Would that be enough, I don't think so. Just wondering how to get Giannis in Atlanta

..and Trae and Huerter and Hunter, 2020 1st, 2022 1st, BKN 1st, OKC 1st....and it still won't be enough.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,489

Post#37 » by dms269 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:00 am

The way you get Giannis is to try and sign him in 2021.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#38 » by ATL Boy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:42 pm

dms269 wrote:

This. Schlenk's part is to turn this into an attractive destination by 2021. The foundation is set for that. Trae will be entering his age 23 season, John Collins age 24, Reddish 22, Hunter 24, Huerter 23, plus whatever other pieces we add to this core between now and then. That's an impressive number of young players who will be entering their early prime, and who will probably be able to contend with the addition of Giannis.

Of course, there needs to be some luck involved as well in that Giannis looks to leave Milwaukee if he sees that they aren't capable of winning a title with this group and gets disgruntled.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#39 » by saloonyk8 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:48 pm

ATL Boy wrote:
dms269 wrote:

This. Schlenk's part is to turn this into an attractive destination by 2021. The foundation is set for that. Trae will be entering his age 23 season, John Collins age 24, Reddish 22, Hunter 24, Huerter 23, plus whatever other pieces we add to this core between now and then. That's an impressive number of young players who will be entering their early prime, and who will probably be able to contend with the addition of Giannis.

Of course, there needs to be some luck involved as well in that Giannis looks to leave Milwaukee if he sees that they aren't capable of winning a title with this group and gets disgruntled.

I think the key will be that Milwaukee needs to contend for but not win a title in next two years. That way they won't trade Giannis expecting that he'll resign if they won it all. Not sure if that will happen though because it seems teams would much rather trade their star than losing for nothing. We'll know next off-season of he declines the super max.

If the Celtics get Kemba I could see them trading a better version of Hayward, Brown and multiple picks for Giannis and convincing him to stay. I can't think of many other teams with enough assets to pull it off and contend with that player
Commit to the process
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#40 » by Roddy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:53 pm

Len/Bembry for Jaylen Brown ?

Return to Atlanta Hawks