Post#101 » by City of Trees » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:20 pm

Read on Twitter
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Al Horford 

Post#102 » by donkeylips » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:00 pm

I would love horford on the team but his contract will scare me
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Kings2016
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#103 » by Kings2016 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:11 pm

I don’t like it he’s 33 years old . It is what it is. I’m not sure this moves makes much of a difference in a division that has Lakers with AD/Bron, Warriors, and Clippers with Possibly Kawhi and another guy. The west is tough man they still may not make the playoffs this year after a summer of resigning Barnes and if Horford takes the offer. Thats why I felt Vucevic/Harris or Middleton would have been great to go after. Not saying they would have achieved it but if they offer more than 100 million to Horford then why not just go after Vucevic instead at 100 million. I hope it works out but I don’t know man about a big contract for Horford at 33.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#104 » by bleeds_purple » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:28 pm

Horford is the most talented guy we can get at C. I prefer Dedmon only because we could use the leftover money to go after other guys. I would not be super upset at the 4/112 offer. He's a pretty ideal fit on this roster. I'm sure we all can easily envision him trailing the break and splashing those top of the key threes and mentoring our young bigs.

My ideal scenario would be to keep him for three years on that deal and then move him as an expiring when the time comes.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#105 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:34 pm

I think there will be competition with Dallas - my guess.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#106 » by codydaze » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:37 pm

It looks like we might be trying to use Dedmon as leverage against Horford and if we don't land him then maybe we pivot to Capela? I honestly have no idea what's about to happen.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#107 » by bleeds_purple » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:54 pm

codydaze wrote:It looks like we might be trying to use Dedmon as leverage against Horford and if we don't land him then maybe we pivot to Capela? I honestly have no idea what's about to happen.

If you take all the reports at face value then Horford is Plan A and Dedmon is Plan B.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#108 » by jeffjtk1234 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:09 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
codydaze wrote:It looks like we might be trying to use Dedmon as leverage against Horford and if we don't land him then maybe we pivot to Capela? I honestly have no idea what's about to happen.

If you take all the reports at face value then Horford is Plan A and Dedmon is Plan B.

Works for me, dedmon is a perfect fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SupaFly1978
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#109 » by SupaFly1978 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:20 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:Capela is about as bad a fit for this team as you can get.

What are you talking about??? Capela can score in the post, is solid defensively, and is a decent passer, all of those things fit our needs at a much lower price than Horford is commanding. I'll take Capela any day of the week over Horford considering the circumstances (age & cost).
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#110 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:25 pm

SupaFly1978 wrote:
OGSactownballer wrote:Capela is about as bad a fit for this team as you can get.

What are you talking about??? Capela can score in the post, is solid defensively, and is a decent passer, all of those things fit our needs at a much lower price than Horford is commanding. I'll take Capela any day of the week over Horford considering the circumstances (age & cost).

Right. The only way Capela doesn’t fit is with questions about Bagley, otherwise he’s the ideal fit with Fox and our pace. Bagley has been opening up his game and I believe after all star break was already a plus 3 pt shooter.

Bottom line is Capela is in his prime, while the other is heading out the door
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#111 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:42 pm

If it’s really between Horford and Dedmon at half price, I’d go Dedmon all day. That 3 year age gap is significant on the multi year

And if Horford is truly considering the Pelicans over us regardless of money, it still may take some years to get this organizational rep to neutral

Dedmon, and cap to address the bench > Horford though, for me
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#112 » by City of Trees » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:46 pm

Horford turned 33 after the season was over so a four year contract puts him at 36 years old in the last year of the deal.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#113 » by codydaze » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:48 pm

SupaFly1978 wrote:

Capela gets his offense primarily through lobs and put backs, he doesn't create much for himself out of the post. He's also not a threat whatsoever outside of 5-6 feet from the basket, 75% of his shot attempts are from 0-3 feet from the basket and 35% of his FGA are dunks. He's not a great fit at all with Bagley. If you want to develop the Fox/Bagley pick and roll, Capela is not the ideal big to pair him with since he'd be forced to play the dunker's spot in that scenario which just brings an extra defender into the paint. You want a guy that can operate out of the high post and be a threat from the outside for a kick out 3. That's why Dedmon, Horford or Vuc would have all been better options than Capela or a Steven Adams.
SupaFly1978
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#114 » by SupaFly1978 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:57 pm

codydaze wrote:
SupaFly1978 wrote:

Capela gets his offense primarily through lobs and put backs, he doesn't create much for himself out of the post. He's also not a threat whatsoever outside of 5-6 feet from the basket, 75% of his shot attempts are from 0-3 feet from the basket and 35% of his FGA are dunks. He's not a great fit at all with Bagley. If you want to develop the Fox/Bagley pick and roll, Capela is not the ideal big to pair him with since he'd be forced to play the dunker's spot in that scenario which just brings an extra defender into the paint. You want a guy that can operate out of the high post and be a threat from the outside for a kick out 3. That's why Dedmon, Horford or Vuc would have all been better options than Capela or a Steven Adams.

Fair enough, you bring up some valid points. I would be all for bringing in Horford, just not at $30 million + per season on a 4 year contract at age 33. Can Dedmon hit shots outside the paint? I haven't seen him play much.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#115 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:03 pm

codydaze wrote:
SupaFly1978 wrote:

Someone being the better fit doesn’t mean better asset or player, especially going forward given the trajectories. The fit may not be ideal, but I think you accumulate the most talent and work with it

2 years Al may be done, while if Clint continues his improvement he can be a top 5 center IMO
Kings2016
Ballboy

Post#116 » by Kings2016 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:41 pm

According to Sam Amick” As for the Kings, the prospect of them landing Dewayne Dedmon is very real. Also, sources tell @TheAthletic Sacramento is ONE OF the secured scenarios for Houston's Clint Capela if Jimmy Butler decides to come Houston's way (the Rockets have more than one; highest bidder wins).
Kings2016
Ballboy

Post#117 » by Kings2016 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:42 pm

Also Jason Anderson SacBee”The Houston piece of this is big news. I had a feeling the Kings were THE team when it was reported as one, but I could see them being scared away in this highest-bidder scenario.
Kings2016
Ballboy

Post#118 » by Kings2016 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:43 pm

Please do the Capela deal if you can get Eric Gordon.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#119 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:50 pm

I’d give up our 2020, BOgi, and another non Fox/Hield/Bagley piece to win that bid, but I realize I’m at the extreme end of Capela Stan

Fortunately shouldn’t take much at all. Only a few teams should be in play possibly
Kings2016
Ballboy

Post#120 » by Kings2016 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:53 pm

Also Carmichael Dave”For those still wondering, I’m told the Kings are out on Steven Adams, and have been for a while.

Asking price was way too high for their tastes.

Focus continues to be on Dedmon and possibly Capela if things all break right.

Dedmon remains the most likely option as of now.

Return to Sacramento Kings