ImageImageImage

New incoming, hopefully, Okpala

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Re: New incoming, hopefully, Okpala 

Post#81 » by HeatIn5 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:28 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Still think he looks more like a 4 than a 3, but hopefully he can sharpen his ball handling and outside shooting to be a big wing too.

Some guys are labeled combo forwards when they're really tweeners that don't quite have the requisite skillset or athleticism for either SF or PF. Some are labeled combo forwards because they can actually succeed at both SF and PF. I'm hopeful that KZ is the latter. He has the length to be a modern PF and the athleticism and perimeter skillset to be a SF. I think his handling is up to par already and his shooting shows promise but needs tweaking and refinement. I'm confident he will fill out his frame and become pretty strong, which will definitely help with his interior game and ability to play the 4.

This dude has A LOT of tools and upside to develop. With the right approach and coaching he can become a major steal IMO

so in High school and (I believe) his freshman year he was more of a 2-3 for his teams. I think when his body develops he may have the ability to play the 4, but not defensively right away.

However you will likely see times when him and DJJ are the 3/4 when neither are naturals.

An athletic lineup of Winslow/Herro/KZ/DJ/Bam though will be such a nice change of pace over the last few years
Read on Twitter
Najee12
Pro Prospect
And1: 878

Hey, don't be cruel! 

Post#82 » by Najee12 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:12 am

Maroko wrote:
Najee12 wrote:He reminds me of former Arkansas all-American and NBA player Todd Day.

Is it all you got Bro ? i mean getting double blocked by Bill Wennington.. lets find something more older for the comparaison

Hey, the question was about K.Z. Okpala's body type. And Todd Day wasn't a horrible NBA player in his early days (he was washed up by the time he got to Miami), but I thought he needed better development than what he got in Milwaukee.

By the way, I do like Okpala a lot as a player. I thought my favorite team (Portland) should have tried to get him with its first-round pick. I thought he should have gone higher in the draft, so I believe Miami got a real diamond in the rough.
Kevin Johnson isn't "Michael Jordan" famous ... he's "Mitch Richmond" famous
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,228

Post#83 » by twix2500 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:15 am

Read on Twitter

Someone copy and paste this article for me please. Thx
The Bunk
Senior
And1: 1,200

Post#84 » by The Bunk » Thu Jul 4, 2019 8:47 pm

You can bypass the **** subscription garbage by opening the article in an incognito tab.

I'd copy/paste for you but I'm mobile and it keeps coping the advertisements.
-MK-
Pro Prospect
And1: 143

Post#85 » by -MK- » Thu Jul 4, 2019 10:17 pm

The Bunk wrote:You can bypass the **** subscription garbage by opening the article in an incognito tab.

I'd copy/paste for you but I'm mobile and it keeps coping the advertisements.

IIRC he's in Europe and over here all Sun-Sentinel links redirect here: https://www.tribpub.com/gdpr/sun-sentinel.com/
But it's bypassable with VPN (I sent some instructions to his PM)
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,908

Post#86 » by Wiltside » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:05 am

Ira is being overly dramatic per usual. We didn't have a 2nd round pick this year. Still traded in to get one.

If you want a 2nd round pick, they can be obtained. That's the bottom line.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#87 » by Mars » Fri Jul 5, 2019 1:46 am

Wiltside wrote:Ira is being overly dramatic per usual. We didn't have a 2nd round pick this year. Still traded in to get one.

If you want a 2nd round pick, they can be obtained. That's the bottom line.

This is precisely why Riley regularly jabs him at his press conferences.
GUTS™
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#88 » by HeatFanLifer » Fri Jul 5, 2019 2:42 am

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Someone copy and paste this article for me please. Thx

The article basically discusses the complicated matrix of 2nd round picks that the Heat has either traded/acquired. Basically the Heat have traded a bunch of second round picks, but have their 2026 pick and a couple of picks from the Bol Bol trade. Can’t post it due to copyright issues. Not worth reading since second round picks don’t mean much.
OP for NBA FT record

Return to Miami Heat