And1: 6,082

Re: The Official D'Angelo Russell Thread II 

Post#1621 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:20 am

Keith Van Horn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:Suns are pretty desperate to get in on a Sign and Trade:

What do you guys need from them?

A protected 1st is a good start

If we do a ST does any of Russell's salary work against us or is it all unloaded to Phoenix?

I'd take a top 5 protected first. Damn I wish they would've traded us #6 this past year and we could've taken Culver.

If they haven’t signed Culver to a contract yet, he’s still eligible to be traded (a la Wiggins), right?
bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Post#1622 » by bud29 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:25 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
A protected 1st is a good start

If we do a ST does any of Russell's salary work against us or is it all unloaded to Phoenix?

I'd take a top 5 protected first. Damn I wish they would've traded us #6 this past year and we could've taken Culver.

If they haven’t signed Culver to a contract yet, he’s still eligible to be traded (a la Wiggins), right?

Yes - rookies can’t be signed until July 1, and once they’re signed, they can’t be traded for 30 days.

Doubt they give up Culver after trading up to get him, though.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1623 » by Prokorov » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:28 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I will still be a fan of D'Angelo Russell's for life. I wish him the best success possible, he's a good dude.

he became my 3rd favorite net of all-time behind buck and petro. ill root for him no matter where he goes.

if we miss on durant and Dlo is back i will evicerate marks.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#1624 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:40 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I will still be a fan of D'Angelo Russell's for life. I wish him the best success possible, he's a good dude.

he became my 3rd favorite net of all-time behind buck and petro. ill root for him no matter where he goes.

if we miss on durant and Dlo is back i will evicerate marks.

you mean Dlo is not back? I thought you had said before you'd love to have Dlo and Irving if we miss on Durant?

Also, I'm warming up to Harris as a consolation prize to pair with Irving. Thought you liked him too?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,447

Post#1625 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:26 am

I hope when DLO returns to the Barclays this season the Nets have a nice video package set up and he gets a standing O.

Irving is the better player and as long as things work well we will be a better team now and in the future, but Russell imo is right there with guys like VC, RJ, K-Mart who I will always have love for.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#1626 » by 3pt_chucker » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:31 am

kamaze wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:It's a bit hilarious(well to me) how strongly people have turned around about DLo. For almost half the season many Nets fans(especially on the other site) were very low on Russell and preferred Din.

In fact it was only till Din got hurt that Russell started to thrive and really solidify himself as a potential All Star. Now only a fe months later fans are staunchly against upgrading to Kyrie?

I love DLo but I recognize how much better Kyrie is. While Russell has potential, he still has a looonnggg way to go before he can get to All NBA level. Yes, he's only 23 but I don't see how he's going to get more explosive, increase hi FT rate and get the the basket more. His best bet is to reduce his turnovers(very possible) and become an elite 3pt shooter and playmaker. That's going to take at least 2 more seasons imo.

If we can get a prime Kyrie + KD, this is a no brainier and all Nets fans should be onboard even if it feels dirty to let go of Dlo.

You got it wrong didn't want Dinwiddie to start just that Dinwiddie was the more efficient player. Kyrie's a better individual talent but he had problems in Cleveland and Boston, you'd be naive to think it'll be any different here.

I'd rather keep what they have.

Maybe you didn't want Din to start but a ton of Nets fans wanted Din to start/play more mins.

Kyrie only really started being a problem in Boston. I firmly believe its not just his fault things didn't work out.

I think our infrastructure/set up is more conducive to Kyrie's personality as well.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1627 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:59 am

bud29 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:If we do a ST does any of Russell's salary work against us or is it all unloaded to Phoenix?

Yes - rookies can’t be signed until July 1, and once they’re signed, they can’t be traded for 30 days.

Doubt they give up Culver after trading up to get him, though.

Oh yeah, I’m sure of that too. Was just wondering about the theory behind such a deal. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#1628 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:25 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I hope when DLO returns to the Barclays this season the Nets have a nice video package set up and he gets a standing O.

Irving is the better player and as long as things work well we will be a better team now and in the future, but Russell imo is right there with guys like VC, RJ, K-Mart who I will always have love for.

simply no better way to put it. I really, really loved Russell but you HAVE to do what's best for the franchise.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1629 » by Prokorov » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:51 am

D'Angello Russell is the reason why we even have a shot at kyrie, durant, etc...

he pulled us out of the abyss, dragged us to relevancy, made us cool again, and opened eyes

nets are forever in debt to him. Marks better get him to the wolves or suns
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 657

Post#1630 » by NetsJets » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:02 pm

I understand that business is business but this sucks. I definitely wish Russell the best wherever he goes next.
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior
And1: 75

Post#1631 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:55 pm

Per @WindhorstESPN on ESPN, the #Warriors could land D'Angelo Russell in a sign-and-trade deal that sends Kevin Durant to the #Nets. This could get bigger.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1632 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:30 pm

We'll never forget DLO.... always a Brooklyn Nets to us!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1633 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:Per @WindhorstESPN on ESPN, the #Warriors could land D'Angelo Russell in a sign-and-trade deal that sends Kevin Durant to the #Nets. This could get bigger.

I don’t understand why the Warriors would do this unless they’re trying to hold onto as much talent as possible regardless of fit.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,686

Post#1634 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:38 pm

Just take the minimum and sign with us, D-Lo! Yes, I know he never would. Shut up!
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior

Post#1635 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:44 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:Per @WindhorstESPN on ESPN, the #Warriors could land D'Angelo Russell in a sign-and-trade deal that sends Kevin Durant to the #Nets. This could get bigger.

I don’t understand why the Warriors would do this unless they’re trying to hold onto as much talent as possible regardless of fit.

I think it definitely has to do with keeping as much talent as possible. They are over the cap even with KD so they can only improve through a regular trade (which won't happen cause they won't trade steph, klay, or green) or a sign & trade. Additionally, I think it is a surprisingly good fit. Curry is their PG but he is so good at playing off the ball and russell is so good at making the right pass when he is running the point. And russell can be a spot up shooter when curry does want the ball in his hands.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#1636 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:47 pm

I rather S&T with the Wolves, that way we can get a pick that actually matters. What are we getting from the Warriors? Why would we help them in anyway
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1637 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:54 pm

Papi_swav wrote:I rather S&T with the Wolves, that way we can get a pick that actually matters. What are we getting from the Warriors? Why would we help them in anyway

DLo could’ve walked away for nothing.

I’ll take whatever we get. It’s all gravy.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#1638 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:00 pm

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:

I think it definitely has to do with keeping as much talent as possible. They are over the cap even with KD so they can only improve through a regular trade (which won't happen cause they won't trade steph, klay, or green) or a sign & trade. Additionally, I think it is a surprisingly good fit. Curry is their PG but he is so good at playing off the ball and russell is so good at making the right pass when he is running the point. And russell can be a spot up shooter when curry does want the ball in his hands.

Right.

I forgot that Klay is gone for most of the season too, so they’ll need a scoring punch as well.

It would be weird for DLo knowing that he’s playing a role as the #2 offensive option but knowing that he’s going to be demoted further down the totem pole.

Ultimately I just don’t know why the Warriors wouldn’t go for a bigger all-around SF. Even before Durant, it was clear that a SF who could do a bit of everything was needed in order to draw attention away from the backcourt.

This move would double down on small ball. They’d have to play at 100mph all the time in order to overcome bigger teams.
Packers+NetsWIN
Junior

Post#1639 » by Packers+NetsWIN » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:08 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:I don’t understand why the Warriors would do this unless they’re trying to hold onto as much talent as possible regardless of fit.

Right.

I forgot that Klay is gone for most of the season too, so they’ll need a scoring punch as well.

It would be weird for DLo knowing that he’s playing a role as the #2 offensive option but knowing that he’s going to be demoted further down the totem pole.

Ultimately I just don’t know why the Warriors wouldn’t go for a bigger all-around SF. Even before Durant, it was clear that a SF who could do a bit of everything was needed in order to draw attention away from the backcourt.

This move would double down on small ball. They’d have to play at 100mph all the time in order to overcome bigger teams.

You are right. I'm sure they would definitely prefer to go for all-around SF rather than Russell, but since they are over the cap they can't get any notable FAs. And since durant already choose the nets, the only team they can possibly get assets from in a sign and trade of durant is the nets. And no way the nets are giving anyone substantial since they can sign KD out right any how. Russell would still need to give the okay on going to GS anyways.

But ultimately like you said, I think the warriots are just trying to savage this team and get as much talent as possible regardless of fit since klay is hurt and KD is gone (and probably looney too).
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#1640 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:12 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I rather S&T with the Wolves, that way we can get a pick that actually matters. What are we getting from the Warriors? Why would we help them in anyway

DLo could’ve walked away for nothing.

I’ll take whatever we get. It’s all gravy.

But he can't go to the Warriors for nothing, they don't have cap space. What can we get from them anyway? maybe a 1st wouldn't be bad since they won't be the best team next year but I think our chances will be better with the Wolves

Return to Brooklyn Nets