Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Re: Kings Sign Trevor Ariza [Shams] 

Post#21 » by codydaze » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:49 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Kings2016 wrote:I don’t see that the three moves the Kings have made changes things at this point. Sorry to be negative. Utah got better today, the Lakers will be better, we were 9 games behind the Spurs for the 8 seed. Clippers more than possibly get Kawhi. How do we make the playoffs by resigning Barnes, replacing Cauley-Stein with a very similar level center Dedmon ( only real difference is 3 pt and ft shooting) and a old fading Trevor Ariza. I just have to be honest I don’t see the improvement from the moves. It all hinges on the younger guys Fox, Heild, Bagley getting way better.

And the players we brought in will make them better.

We aren't signing guys to make a championship push. The guys we've brought in will absolutely help us make a playoff push though and that's the goal. We believe in our young guys but they're still 3-5 years away from being a real contender, it's all about bringing in vets that fit well around them to maximize their strengths and help their development. The moves have been great so far.
SmellingColors
Pro Prospect
And1: 139

Post#22 » by SmellingColors » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Kings2016 wrote:I don’t see that the three moves the Kings have made changes things at this point. Sorry to be negative. Utah got better today, the Lakers will be better, we were 9 games behind the Spurs for the 8 seed. Clippers more than possibly get Kawhi. How do we make the playoffs by resigning Barnes, replacing Cauley-Stein with a very similar level center Dedmon ( only real difference is 3 pt and ft shooting) and a old fading Trevor Ariza. I just have to be honest I don’t see the improvement from the moves. It all hinges on the younger guys Fox, Heild, Bagley getting way better.

Ultimately, our roster hinges on Fox, Hield, and Bagley getting way better anyways, but I don't see much evidence that there won't be growth from those guys. Also, I think you're glossing over Dedmon's 3pt and FT shooting as if that's no big deal. His shot opens up a ton of space for either Bagley or Giles down low and for Fox's best attribute: driving to the hoop. Then, Dedmon can protect the rim on the other end which WCS just refused to do after he broke his hand. I understand being frustrated that these aren't names that jump off the page, but guys like Brook Lopez showed that bigs can evolve later in their career and show unexpected value.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#23 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:52 pm

City of Trees wrote:
SactoKingsFan wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
You know he played for Hous for 4 years in between. Go take a break haha.
Ariza was moved to Wizards last season after it wasn't working out with Suns

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Both horrible situations not ideal for an older Ariza to thrive in.

His athleticism is on the decline but I think he can find a way to be a productive bench contributor.

But even if he can, I’d like to still be going after the sizeable FAs when you have ~27 mil and a declining cap market, or taking on cap for picks. Assets, rather than vet experience
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#24 » by City of Trees » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:53 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
SactoKingsFan wrote:Ariza was moved to Wizards last season after it wasn't working out with Suns

His athleticism is on the decline but I think he can find a way to be a productive bench contributor.

But even if he can, I’d like to still be going after the sizeable FAs when you have ~27 mil and a declining cap market, or taking on cap for picks. Assets, rather than vet experience
What sizeable bench players are you referring to?

The starters are set.
Kings2016
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#25 » by Kings2016 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:55 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:

I guess we will see.

And the players we brought in will make them better.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#26 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:06 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
SactoKingsFan wrote:Ariza was moved to Wizards last season after it wasn't working out with Suns

Who says we aren't still going to?

We have 17mil still and as cap space runs out and the 2nd nd 3rd tier guys start looking for the right teams we could get in on a trade for picks. But I think we'll make one more small move and save the rest for Buddy next years.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
SupaFly1978
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#27 » by SupaFly1978 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:08 pm

BoogieTime wrote:That’s a bad move, he was done last year

I disagree, he appeared done last year because he was on the $hittiest team in the league, so there was no motivation. The Kings should be pretty decent this upcoming season, so I think you'll see Ariza a lot more motivated than he was last year.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#28 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:10 pm

City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Both horrible situations not ideal for an older Ariza to thrive in.

The starters are set.

How good does signing Shump and paying the difference to overpay Beverly look?
Kings2016
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#29 » by Kings2016 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:14 pm

SmellingColors wrote:

Ultimately, our roster hinges on Fox, Hield, and Bagley getting way better anyways, but I don't see much evidence that there won't be growth from those guys. Also, I think you're glossing over Dedmon's 3pt and FT shooting as if that's no big deal. His shot opens up a ton of space for either Bagley or Giles down low and for Fox's best attribute: driving to the hoop. Then, Dedmon can protect the rim on the other end which WCS just refused to do after he broke his hand. I understand being frustrated that these aren't names that jump off the page, but guys like Brook Lopez showed that bigs can evolve later in their career and show unexpected value.

I hope your right.
SupaFly1978
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#30 » by SupaFly1978 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:19 pm

You're failing to mention we now have a coach that should maximize our strengths more, and should also have better rotations.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#31 » by City of Trees » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:19 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

The starters are set.

Beverley's people have said he didn't like the role in Sac.

Can't blame Vlade for Bev not wanting to sit behind Fox.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#32 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:23 pm

We shall see if the Kings were a few role players away from competing. If Ariza returns to form in a bench role this could be a good signing. If not he's basically expiring.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#33 » by City of Trees » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:36 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:We shall see if the Kings were a few role players away from competing. If Ariza returns to form in a bench role this could be a good signing. If not he's basically expiring.
Is it too early to point out he's a trade deadline trade chip? (If he's done)
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#34 » by BoogieTime » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:37 pm

Aminu - 3/29
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#35 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:39 pm

City of Trees wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:We shall see if the Kings were a few role players away from competing. If Ariza returns to form in a bench role this could be a good signing. If not he's basically expiring.
Is it too early to point out he's a trade deadline trade chip? (If he's done)

After we see what JJ has in summer league it's wide open haha
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#36 » by codydaze » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:39 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Aminu - 3/29

Aminu hasn't played the 3 for about the last 3 seasons now though. He's strictly a 4 these days.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#37 » by City of Trees » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:40 pm

I'm so confused by Orlando's roster
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#38 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:42 pm

City of Trees wrote:
I'm so confused by Orlando's roster

Maybe they are gonna play 5 fowards for when DJ Augustin gets tired.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 603

Post#39 » by sackings916 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:44 pm

City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:What sizeable bench players are you referring to?

The starters are set.

Is this confirmed? I believe Bev can still have a 25-30 min role playing behind and next to Fox.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#40 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:49 pm

sackings916 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Is this confirmed? I believe Bev can still have a 25-30 min role playing behind and next to Fox.

I bet he wasn't gonna accept an nonstarting deal from a team that is shooting for a chip in the next few.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Sacramento Kings