Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#21 » by gigantes » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:36 am

Kalela wrote:
gigantes wrote:If Kyrie turns out great with the Nets, do expect to see me eating crow, repeatedly. If not... I've recorded all your remarks for posterity, and each & every one of you can expect the business when the time comes. Just an FYI.

Kyrie's problems are exaggerated. Dude is a good player and will do well in Brooklyn. That Celtics team just did not fit together and had problems even when he was not playing.

All I know is what I've pieced together myself across the years. I'm not interested in being too harsh on the dude nor in being too slack. Nor in overlooking his positives, nor in discounting his abilities.

I don't really have anything more to say, other than what I said earlier. We'll see how things work out with all these bold new moves. Cheers.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#22 » by Claud » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:38 am

Kyrie is going to kill it in kenny's system.

He is essentially taking Dlo's role on the team while keeping the same core that made the playoffs and adding Prince + DJ.

Just hoping he can stay healthy but without KD, Kyrie could have an insane season.

LOVE having Uncle Drew in BK :nod:
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#23 » by Shark » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:06 am

Took me a while to get warmed up to the idea of Kyrie, but considering that there was much more to the Boston story than was let on I'm real happy to have him on the team. Cool to have a guy as talented as he is that also grew up a Nets fan. So there's a really good chance he's actually going to give it his all unlike a certain PG that the franchise (in particular Billy King) nearly threw everything away for.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#24 » by kamaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:15 am

You were right Prok congratulations! We got Kyrie woo hoo!!! Good thing I didn't bet anything haha
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#25 » by jbeachboy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:01 am

welcome to nets kyrie, hope u and kd work it out in 2020.
FrenchNBAFan
Junior
And1: 95

Post#26 » by FrenchNBAFan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:40 am

Read on Twitter

here we go, weird **** is coming
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#27 » by GTR11 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:03 am

I don't think most of us know how great of a player Kyrie is. I mean this guy is truly amazing talent. The hate he gets is really unwarranted to be honest. Can't wait to see the damage him, LeVert and Din will do next season.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#28 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:49 am

this dude is gonna so some serious work here. I highly doubt we see "crazy" Kyrie with KD looming.

Time to watch Kyrie highlights all day at work.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#29 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:11 am

Claud wrote:Kyrie is going to kill it in kenny's system.

He is essentially taking Dlo's role on the team while keeping the same core that made the playoffs and adding Prince + DJ.

Just hoping he can stay healthy but without KD, Kyrie could have an insane season.

Kyrie + better role player around him + Atkinson system + atkinsons development team + Kyrie chip on his shoulder...

I could see a 28/8/4 season
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#30 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:12 am

GTR11 wrote:I don't think most of us know how great of a player Kyrie is. I mean this guy is truly amazing talent. The hate he gets is really unwarranted to be honest. Can't wait to see the damage him, LeVert and Din will do next season.

yeah i mean until 2-3 weeks ago when celtics thought they would bring him back and get AD you didnt hear 1/10th of all this hate.
flintsky21
Sixth Man
And1: 2,783

Post#31 » by flintsky21 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:48 pm

Speaking of hate, I'm one of maybe a very few Celtics fans who doesn't hold a grudge on Kyrie for what happened. :nod: It's not really like he demanded a trade while under contract. Things didn't work out for him in Boston in the end with all the off-court drama but it could be different in Brooklyn because Kyrie actually gets to choose where to play this time (and he'll be with buddies Din and KD). Toronto took the risk with Kawhi last year and the Nets took the risk this time with Kyrie and KD. Exciting times for you guys. :D
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by jbeachboy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:28 pm

how is kyrie on defense and his passing skills?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#33 » by Paradise » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:38 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Welcome to Brookly Mr Kryie Irving!!!!!!

(well until its official)

It is OFFICIAL! Welcome home, Kyrie.

“I’m finally happy to be in Brooklyn.”

Read on Twitter
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#34 » by Lamak » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:15 pm

Kyrie Irving is gonna be a menace on our team and im glad to have him. I expect a lot out of him especially since he's back home.
Brooklyn Nets
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#35 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:03 pm

jbeachboy wrote:how is kyrie on defense and his passing skills?

His defense is what you’d expect from a guy of his stature and body type, i.e. not great.

His passing is probably underrated. I watched him make some passes last year that I didn’t know were in his repertoire.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#36 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:25 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Claud wrote:Kyrie is going to kill it in kenny's system.

Kyrie + better role player around him + Atkinson system + atkinsons development team + Kyrie chip on his shoulder...

Hmm I would hope for those numbers but I see it slightly less because of the minutes restriction KA puts on these guys to keep them fresh. I don't see Kyrie averaging more then like 33-34 mins. I'll say 24/6/4 season, we still have other ball handlers like Din and Levert that will put up numbers but either will be fine. I'm more worried about the efficiency, as long as he can put up what he did last year I'll be ecstatic... 48/40/89 on his high volume shooting are excellent numbers.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#37 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:08 pm

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

“I’m happy to be in Brooklyn.”

All that needs to be said. happy to No longer in a place with a toxic lockeroom. happy to now be with hard working young kids who grinded to get where they are, are humble, and accept their role. ...no longer with young teammates with over inflated egos. Happy to play for a GM and coach who accept all personalities and work with players to achieve goals... no longer with a GM who treats players no different then assets and a coach who plays favorites. happy to play for an appreicative fanbase who support players through good and bad and wish them well on the way out... no longer for a fickle fanbase who will turn on you once things go south and drag you through the mud on the way out... in the words of rick patino, "the negativity in this town(boston) sucjs"

Welcome home kyrie. this is just the beggining.
Kaiser30
Senior
And1: 172

Post#38 » by Kaiser30 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:Kyrie + better role player around him + Atkinson system + atkinsons development team + Kyrie chip on his shoulder...

Fully agree, seeing what DLo was able to accomplish with this team, it's not hard to imagine Ky putting up these numbers.

I don't care at all about the drama in Boston, this guy is one of if not the most electric players to watch with his sick ball handling and crazy layups. October can't come soon enough.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by jbeachboy » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:24 am

when did kyrie make that brooklyn video?
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#40 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:30 am

I think the media campaign/narrative against him has distracted people from realizing how talented/good he can be. If he stays healthy and buys in, he can produce like a top 10 superstar in our system IMO.

Return to Brooklyn Nets