ImageImage

OT: 2019 Music Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 22,925
And1: 4,501
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#781 » by crkone » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:43 pm

I'm going down the Nardwuar hole. Call for help if I don't come up for air.

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
Oscar71
Pro Prospect
Posts: 926
And1: 134
Joined: Nov 08, 2009
Location: At The Elbow, Either Side
         

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#782 » by Oscar71 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:27 am

Ty Seagall. Start with Freedoms Goblin or Emotional Mugger and go from there...... Enjoy!
Kidd Prunty Budenholzer > Macha Roenicke Counsell
User avatar
GoldenAntlers
Analyst
Posts: 3,133
And1: 870
Joined: Feb 13, 2013
 

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#783 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:13 pm

Did you make it out? It's a deep hole.
crkone wrote:I'm going down the Nardwuar hole. Call for help if I don't come up for air.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 22,925
And1: 4,501
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#784 » by crkone » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:35 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:Did you make it out? It's a deep hole.
crkone wrote:I'm going down the Nardwuar hole. Call for help if I don't come up for air.
Dude is so interesting. Weird yet thorough. Him and Sean from Hot Ones really get to know their guests.

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
User avatar
MissKhriddleton
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,329
And1: 784
Joined: Nov 03, 2015
 

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#785 » by MissKhriddleton » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:17 am

Jeff Austin died. :(
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 22,925
And1: 4,501
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#786 » by crkone » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:19 pm

New Black Keys album today.

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
User avatar
SupremeHustle
RealGM
Posts: 20,393
And1: 17,438
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Location: Cloud 9
 

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#787 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:25 am

None of you guys went to see Lonely Island at Summerfest?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
User avatar
jmart762
Pro Prospect
Posts: 833
And1: 361
Joined: Jul 01, 2010
   

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#788 » by jmart762 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:01 pm

Saw them at Bonnaroo, and planned to see them on Friday too but things didn't pan out.

Very well done show, but it's a bummer they couldn't get more of their guests to show up. Parnell is cool but come on, you hope to see Tpain or Akon or JT. Best part of the show was how hilarious it was to see half the crowd geek out as they've waited their entire life to be able to sing along to "my dad's not a phone... duh!" and the other half, that was obviously dragged there, that didn't get it at all and stood by very awkwardly trying to piece it all together. 9/10 show from a huge fan.
SupremeHustle wrote:None of you guys went to see Lonely Island at Summerfest?


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
SupremeHustle
RealGM
Posts: 20,393
And1: 17,438
Joined: Feb 11, 2005
Location: Cloud 9
 

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#789 » by SupremeHustle » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:31 pm

jmart762 wrote:Saw them at Bonnaroo, and planned to see them on Friday too but things didn't pan out.

Very well done show, but it's a bummer they couldn't get more of their guests to show up. Parnell is cool but come on, you hope to see Tpain or Akon or JT. Best part of the show was how hilarious it was to see half the crowd geek out as they've waited their entire life to be able to sing along to "my dad's not a phone... duh!" and the other half, that was obviously dragged there, that didn't get it at all and stood by very awkwardly trying to piece it all together. 9/10 show from a huge fan.
SupremeHustle wrote:None of you guys went to see Lonely Island at Summerfest?


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Was Jose Canseco at your show?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
User avatar
jmart762
Pro Prospect
Posts: 833
And1: 361
Joined: Jul 01, 2010
   

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#790 » by jmart762 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:07 pm

They sang a couple of songs but I didn't see Jose around, or be brought up.
SupremeHustle wrote:
jmart762 wrote:Saw them at Bonnaroo, and planned to see them on Friday too but things didn't pan out.

Very well done show, but it's a bummer they couldn't get more of their guests to show up. Parnell is cool but come on, you hope to see Tpain or Akon or JT. Best part of the show was how hilarious it was to see half the crowd geek out as they've waited their entire life to be able to sing along to "my dad's not a phone... duh!" and the other half, that was obviously dragged there, that didn't get it at all and stood by very awkwardly trying to piece it all together. 9/10 show from a huge fan.
SupremeHustle wrote:None of you guys went to see Lonely Island at Summerfest?


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Was Jose Canseco at your show?


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
ColeWorld23
Rookie
Posts: 1,183
And1: 333
Joined: May 11, 2012
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#791 » by ColeWorld23 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:47 pm

Gibbs and Madlib with another classic.
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 33,123
And1: 4,464
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#792 » by midranger » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:18 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:None of you guys went to see Lonely Island at Summerfest?

I did. Had no expectations going in. It was great.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 22,925
And1: 4,501
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#793 » by crkone » Tue Jul 9, 2019 7:54 pm

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,097
And1: 14,525
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#794 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Just digging into Banks' new album but so far it's **** great.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
vital_signs
Rookie
Posts: 1,172
And1: 310
Joined: Feb 12, 2015
 

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#795 » by vital_signs » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:09 am

Was first introduced to Nas via The Lost Tapes in Middle School. Time for round 2.

User avatar
Bucksfan28
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,913
And1: 1,919
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#796 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 11:52 pm

Song of the year candidate. God Bless Spotify and those algorithms. Some of my favorite stuff recently has been from small, unknown bands that I never would've heard otherwise.

MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
Bucksfan28
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,913
And1: 1,919
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#797 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 5:03 pm

Two shows I'd love to see playing only a few days before I return to MKE: Wu-Tang and Beach House.

Disappointing. I've seen various members of WTC individually and the group once, they've all been fun concerts. I've never seen BH though and they're near the top of my bucket list.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
tski1972
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,422
And1: 2,293
Joined: May 24, 2011
Location: Wow-saw, WI
Contact:
     

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#798 » by tski1972 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 5:10 pm

the best song Def Leppard never wrote....

http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

Image

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
User avatar
jmart762
Pro Prospect
Posts: 833
And1: 361
Joined: Jul 01, 2010
   

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#799 » by jmart762 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:15 pm

Saw Beach House at Bonnaroo and they were great, definitely try to catch them some time.
Bucksfan28 wrote:Two shows I'd love to see playing only a few days before I return to MKE: Wu-Tang and Beach House.

Disappointing. I've seen various members of WTC individually and the group once, they've all been fun concerts. I've never seen BH though and they're near the top of my bucket list.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Bucksfan28
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,913
And1: 1,919
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: OT: 2019 Music Thread 

Post#800 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:50 pm

MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks